WnSoft Forums

Toggle SL <> TL

goddi

Greetings,

I would like the Slides view and Timeline view to not change its position of the images when we switch between the views. For example, if you are somewhere in the Timeline view, and switch to the Slides view, it can take you back to the first slide in the project. Sometimes it takes you to some other position you don't want to be at. It is confusing to have to re-adjust to the position when you want to switch views (but stay on that image) while working on a project. Sometimes it's not too far off but very inconsistent. It would be very helpful if the images stayed in the same position when switching between the Slides and Timeline.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

This has become a very annoying feature and I'd like to bring it up again. I notice that when you change from Timeline to Slides, the filename indicates that the same slide is highlighted. However, the positioning of the images in the Slides view, when you change from Timeline to Slides, changes to various different positions and inconsistently. A great improvement would be to hold the position of the highlighted slide in the same position on the screen when you switch back and forth between Slides and Timeline. Otherwise, you have to hunt to find the image's location that you were on with in the Timeline.

Gary

It has already been mentioned by Gary (here) that there is a bug in the Main Window when toggling between Slide List (SL) and Timeline (TL). It happens in large projects (250 slides or more). I highlight a slide somewhere in the middle of the project, and it shows in the Mini Player. After toggling several times between TL and SL, the SL jumps either to beginning or to the end of the project, while the Mini Player still shows the highlighted slide in the middle. I have to start the Mini Player in order to get the SL back to the correct position. I never saw this behavior in V8.

There also seem to be update problems in the Main Window (also in large projects?). Having shifted images, transition points, and audio clips in the TL, the cursor of the TL sometimes does not run at the correct position. Toggling or re-opening the project cures the TL.

Gary,
jt49,

It's definitely a bug. I confirm this problem and we'll fix it. Thanks.

On 11.05.2017 at 2:28 PM, jt49 said:

There also seem to be update problems in the Main Window (also in large projects?). Having shifted images, transition points, and audio clips in the TL, the cursor of the TL sometimes does not run at the correct position. Toggling or re-opening the project cures the TL.

Please start a new topic and give me more details.

10 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,
jt49,

We fixed the problem with a scrollbar position in the Slide list / Timeline. Please try v9.0.10 Beta:

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup.exe

Greetings Igor,

It seems that V9.0.10 is an improvement in the positioning of the selected image when you change from the Timeline to the Slides view. The selected image (or slide) at least stays within the screen as you are switching between Timeline and Slides. But it  would be better if the selected image (or slide) maintained its relative position as you switched back and forth between the  Timeline and the Slides view. For example, when you switch from Timeline to the Slides, the  image (or slide) always jumps to the far right of the screen, not maintaining its original position. But much better so far

Thanks... Gary