WnSoft Forums

Ability to blur an object

Of course, you can apply blur to your pictures (and text) with a photo editor but it's time consuming and increase the weight of the exe.

I would find very useful and more flexible to have the ability to apply a pourcentage of blur directly within PTE.

This feature would allow to create more easily nice effects.

Is it a feature which could be considered ?

I strongly second this - I actually suggested it also a long time ago. To see a picture go out of focus (or come into focus) as a transition would be wonderful!

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't harry with it, because only video cards since 2003 year support this feature (Pixel Shaders 2.0+).

Igor, I don't want to sound provocative, but I wonder if there are still a lot of PTE users who have a video card older than 2003 ?

May be I'm wrong. In this case, what would happen if you would add this functionnality and somebody with an old GC would try to apply a blur ? Would PTE crash or would the blur only be not applied ?

Anyway, when do you think it will be the right time to add this feature ? :)

Tom, it's possible to simulate the way you describe it. But it needs an external photo editor, a lot of time and work.

The ability to simulate blur directly within PTE would allow a lot of artistic effects and a great creative flexibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Tom, it's possible to simulate the way you describe it. But it needs an external photo editor, a lot of time and work.

The ability to simulate blur directly within PTE would allow a lot of artistic effects and a great creative flexibility.

Just adding my agreement to this as someone who's actually done it using an external photo editor.