WnSoft Forums

DVD Creation Problems

legerp01

Thanks. Your earlier reply did seem to go astray somewhere. Thanks to a tip from Jim Robertson, we have downloaded version 5.64 - complete with Video Builder which works fine until disc burning time, and again we got the same result. The PTE message - "Operation failed. Failed connection with burner.exe" Can't say if we got the same exact message before. And it was followed by the usual Runtime error message.

So we're back where we started, unable to burn to a DVD.

Meanwhile, it's been several days since asking for help from the support centre, but still have not heard anything from it

despite its promise to respond wthin 24 hours. Is this normal?

Having tried a few things that did not make any difference, it looks like this is a software problem, and what else can be done to try to fix it? For example, could there be a corrupted file in 5.5 which has carried over into the newer version?

Could do with some good news!

Regards

Nix

Nix,

I'm sorry about this problem!

Please could you try newest version 5.7 Beta? We've updated disc burning code in this version.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip

I will grateful if you could try it and inform me about the result.

Hi Igor

Finally, something is working. Downloading of the 5.7 Beta version has done the trick, as we have just successfully burned two short shows on a DVD-RW.

Before doing so, we were able to burn a show on DVD using imgburn software from a PTE ISO file, showing that there was no problem with our hardware.

Guess there has to be something not quite right with version 5.5, and that was not corrected by downloading 5.6.

But for us, all's well that ends well, so thanks for your help, and that of Lin and others who have contributed to this discussion.

And my thanks especially to my wife Madeline who has borne the burden of downloading and trying to figure out how all of this works.

Best regards

Nix Wadden

Nix,

I'm sorry about this problem!

Please could you try newest version 5.7 Beta? We've updated disc burning code in this version.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip

I will grateful if you could try it and inform me about the result.

Hi Igor

Another bubble has burst. After successfully burning a few PTE shows on DVD using PTE 5.7 beta 6, I tried burning a 10 show set today, and got the same old result: Run time error. abnormal program termination. And Operation failure. Error 3.

What's going on?

Nix

Nix,

A quick question ... what are your VideoBuilder checkbox selections ?

You need only select Burn DVD Disc. Processing non required files eats up time and precious processing resources. A 50 minute show on a I hour DVD wont hold much more additional data anyway.

See Attachment.

post-45-1249426750_thumb.jpg

Nix,

A quick question ... what are your VideoBuilder checkbox selections ?

You need only select Burn DVD Disc. Processing non required files eats up time and precious processing resources. A 50 minute show on a I hour DVD wont hold much more additional data anyway.

See Attachment.

Thanks.

Tried that with 6 shows only but got the same runtime error result. Did however successfully burn the same set from ISO using another burn software.