WnSoft Forums

Creating file for Mac

sdavis

Hello!

First time today I tried to create a file for a MAC - as I would like to send one of my slide-shows to a friend, who uses a MAC.

The result - using the 5.7 beta version - is not one file, but a directory of different subdirectories and files. OK. I do not know enough about MAC. I would like to upload "this" file to my usual site, (called MediaFire) from where he - with the MAC - can download it. Can you help me?

Thank you very much

Sarolta

Hi Sari,

The multiple files and subdirectories will appear on the MacIntosh as a single file which when the Mac user clicks on, will play the slideshow.

The "easiest" way to distribute this is to use the "Create in Zip" feature which is one of the choices offered when you select the "Executable File for Mac" from the "Create" menu choice.

Just send your friend the zip file and everything will take care of itself when they unzip.

Best regards,

Lin

This topic has been pinned because its subject matter is worth being turned into an FAQ. Because there is a chance, however small, that the Mac support will change some more during the beta programme, I will wait until PTE v5.7 has gone live in its final release.

regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

As a Mac user I was very pleased to receive an e-mail from Barry Beckham, but try as I may his Intro slide show for Mac will not run on my Intel Mac Book. I have just tried Lin Evans Critter Cube from the forum and this did not work.

The version of Mac OS I am using is known as Tiger 10. 4. 11. Perhaps if this new feature only runs on Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6, this should be stated on the site so as to avoid disappointment.

Regards Tonyrebin

Thanks DG for the link but my question still stands does the Mac exe work with 10.4, 10,5 or only sometimes with 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and please save us all from all those" Stupid side order OF ONION RINGS" and stupid yellow objects (emoticons?)

Yours

Tonyrebin

there are some people on this forum that have a sense of humourcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

ken

WELL from what i have read re the mac and pte it is not stable on some systems and there seems to be no easy answer -- some people are happy and then there are others that cant make it go. Igor has pulled the rabbit put of the hat but it seems his magic does not work for allmad.gif

ken

WELL from what i have read re the mac and pte it is not stable on some systems and there seems to be no easy answer -- some people are happy and then there are others that cant make it go. Igor has pulled the rabbit put of the hat but it seems his magic does not work for allmad.gif

ken

Tony

in case you miss it

http://www.picturest...indpost&p=70497

Tom is doing some playing

ken

ANOTHER ONE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10607&pid=70504&st=320entry70504

• 4 years later...

I am using PTE v7.5.10 and have just tried to send a PTE file to my iPad via dropbox. I published it as Mac and it downloaded OK onto my iPad but the iPad will not display the file.

Does it have a different operating system from the Mac?

Is there anyway I can display the show?

Thanks

David White

Hi David,

An iPad is not a Mac it is a tablet device. Mac is the Apple equivalent of a PC - and yes, the operating systems are different. The option you need to take is Publish > Video for Mobile Devices and then select the most appropriate device from there.

regards,

• 1 month later...

Interesting reply. I'll have to try this if I can pry the iPad out of my wife's hands. Any chance you have any idea how far back P2E goes with Mac O.S.'s

I've got an old MacBook laptop (Lombard-line) which you can't get batteries for any more and has a charging problems. It has O.S. 9.1 on it and appears to have difficulty dealing with the mac slideshow that I created in my pc version of P2E. I'm going to download a mac version of winzip, since it can't do anything with the zip file I created with my pc. Any thoughts?

Interesting reply. I'll have to try this if I can pry the iPad out of my wife's hands. Any chance you have any idea how far back P2E goes with Mac O.S.'s

OSX 10.4 for a slide show and iPads must have movies (theyre not a mac).

I've got an old MacBook laptop (Lombard-line) which you can't get batteries for any more and has a charging problems. It has O.S. 9.1 on it and appears to have difficulty dealing with the mac slideshow that I created in my pc version of P2E. I'm going to download a mac version of winzip, since it can't do anything with the zip file I created with my pc. Any thoughts?

It wont work. You need a Mac with an Intel chip and anything that ran 9 doesn't have Intel inside.Its too old. It has to run OSX10.4 at least.