WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

Wideangle,

Correct me if I am wrong but the problem in the template is with the display of the text "Photo Album" on the edge of the book, right ?

It decreases in size (width and height) instead of decreasing only in height ?

Actually, it's a problem with parent-children relationship that endevil discovered in version 5.7 beta 3.

Igor said he will fix it quickly and the template will be compatible with 5.7.3

=> Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10181

Normal display in 5.6.3 :

photoalbum01.jpg

Problem in 5.7 beta 3 :

photoalbum02.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dom,

Rather more than that.

In 5.6 the template starts off like :

post-2919-1247087557_thumb.jpg

but in 5.7.3 it looks like :

post-2919-1247087645_thumb.jpg

One more observation:

The strange effect occurs only if I use the preview button. If I use the play window in P2E it works normally.

Regards,

wideangle

What a mess ! :lol:

I think you discovered something else and you are right : there is a difference beetwen the full screen preview mode and the play window mode in P2E.

Actually, my screen captures above correspond to what I see in the play window in P2E.

But I am sure Igor and his team have the problem under their control.

I think this is all related to the problem I raised with Igor a few days ago, there is clear difference with the performance of 5.7.3 over 5.7.2. What seems to work in the window preview does not work in the actual preview.

If we do not want to become nuts and have to start our project all over again, I think it's important to notice what Igor said about v5.7 at the begiining of this topic :

Important notes:

- Please take in attention that it is a BETA release and it may contains bugs.

- This beta intended only for experienced users who want try new features of future version of PicturesToExe.

- We plan add some other new features which are not included to current beta release.

=> We shouldn't start important projects with v5.7 beta#n but only test the new features. :)

also

I dont want to put down thedom's work

but

dom's treats are addons/plugins and unless he is working hand in hand on an ongoing basis daily with wnsoft

people should be very cautious

IMHO

if people have a problem they should be contacting him directly via his website -- he is the author of his templates, not wnsoft

--------------------

http://www.thedom.fr/share : TEMPLATES, DEMOS, PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS, PTE V5 Tutorials, ...

ken

Ken,

I agree with you but actually, the problems noticed with my templates are because of bugs in PTE 5.7.

They are no such bugs with my templates if you use the previous stable version (=> last official version : 5.6.3 on the Wnsoft website : http://wnsoft.com/apr/index.html).

Besides, the bugs are not specific with my templates but concern each project people started with a previous version.

Of course, I will inform Igor if people contact me to report problems related with 5.7 beta#n when using my templates.

But nobody will be informed and users will not know Igor's answer with potential bugs.

What do you think ? :)

Dom

the problem is, if you go away and somebody has a problem with your plugins they complain here not to your web page

they rely on your expetise and when things go amiss the whine comes here

it is a matter of education -- you should get a section dedicated to your "treats" :)

and

as was mentioned this morning one member is afraid that windows is going to take a backseat to "MAC DEVELOPMENT"

now do you want Igor to resolve a problem with a third party plugin that does not have anything to do with the basic concept of Pict to Exe

windows 7 is going to be released in +- 3 months - he has to make sure it works properly with it

you were not around when we were struggling with it to run on win98se and he was trying to get it to run on xp

I said the other day the "be nice " to see etc has to take a backseat to getting it to run proper - he has to pull all the pieces together and it is very difficult

ken

ken

Hi,

I think that the problem mentioned by Ken is related to the fact that the PTE forum is used (or shall I say "misused") by members who permanently offer PTE related services or products. I would prefer to see just a list of links to the corresponding web sites, while permanent marketing activities inside the PTE forum should be stopped :D

Best regards,

Xaver

Hi,

I think that the problem mentioned by Ken is related to the fact that the PTE forum is used (or shall I say "misused") by members who permanently offer PTE related services or products. I would prefer to see just a list of links to the corresponding web sites, while permanent marketing activities inside the PTE forum should be stopped :D

Best regards,

Xaver

I do no like this kind of discussion, sorry.

Personally, I am very happy about the activity of thedom and his work.

And I think, we all could be very grateful.

The templates of TheDom are no kind of plugins.

A plugin is a third part software, which plugs into the original software.

The themplates of thedom are "only" shows of PTE, which can filled with your own pictures.

If something does not work with a new version of PTE its not cause of bad work from thedom.

You would have the same problems with your own shows.

I would be happy, if Igor and TheDom will make a corporation in the way of plugin.

It would be more comfortable, if we could integrate the templates as templates within the program.

And I think, it will be an advantage for the users, for igor and thedom.

Up to that possible point, I am very glad about the templates of TheDom.

And I beg TheDom to be here also in future.

And I beg Igor not to exclude thedoms treats in this forum.

Also you can tell his treats "marketing activities", he will not get rich with his templates, because they are not expensive and I think, he can not sell them to thousands of users ;-)

Its a kind of pocket-money for him, I think.

And a little reward for his effort.

Best regards

Adda

I do no like this kind of discussion, sorry.

Personally, I am very happy about the activity of thedom and his work.

And I think, we all could be very grateful.

The templates of thedom are no kind of plugins.

A plugin is a third part software, which plugs into the original software.

The themplates of thedom are "only" shows of PTE, which can filled with your own pictures.

If something does not work with a new version of PTE its not cause of bad work from thedom.

You would have the same problems with your own shows.

I would be happy, if Igor and thedom will make a corporation in the way of plugin.

It would be more comfortable, if we could integrate the templates as templates within the program.

And I think, it will be an advantage for the users, for igor and thedom.

Up to that possible point, I am very glad about the templates of thedom.

And I beg thetom to be here also in future.

And I beg Igor not to exclude thedoms threats in this forum.

Best regards

Adda

Adda, I'm sure you meant to say "treats", not "threats" :)

I agree with you on the point about plug-ins, and also am very appreciative of Dom for sharing his tutorials/experiments/etc. with us here in the forum. IMHO, this is not "marketing", as no personal gain or request for remuneration is involved. We are very fortunate that Dom and JPD and JC and Lin and others are so clever in applying the new features of PTE, and also so generous about sharing these results with us. Keep up the good work, everybody!

Hi Xaver:

I can't see any misuse from Dom or other members who offer additional services or products, but there may be good reasons to open a forum section dedicated to commercial templates or promoting additional/complementing software to PTE.

To Ken:

In my understanding whiteangle has posted a observation of behavioural change in PTE between version 5.6 and 5.7 and nothing else. Whether it was observed with one of Dom's templates or with a slideshow designed by his own doesn't mean anything to the fact that it seems to be a beta bug. I totally agree that generel questions regarding the use, functions or misfunctions of commercial templates should be addressed directly to the supplier and not in this forum.

I waited for something like the border-functionality since my first slideshow-design in PTE, because it is so much easier to use then the ways you could do it before, so many thanks to WnSoft for that.

Regards, Frank

Tom,

Still a problem creating a screensaver, but I think you already know about this. In Windows 7 the message says it's not a valid Win32 application.
I've reproduced this issue. Will be fixed in Beta 4. Thank you.

thedom,

I presume you didn't finished the way shadows work in 5.7 beta3.

I started a project with 5.6.3 and it was fine.

I opened the project with 5.7 beta3, didn't changed anything and the result is completely different. laugh.gif

I confirm this bug. Will be fixed later. Thanks! It happened because we're adding 3D transformations for objects to the slideshow's engine. Sorry for such stupid bugs which I've missed in first beta releases.

... Sorry for my bad English. If it would be better, I would write more comments here ...

The quality of a user's English should not be considered as essential. You may use the forum as a playground for enhancing your language capabilities. It actually works!

Best regards,

Xaver

Thank you for your replies and explaining your point of view.

I respect and understand completely that some of you think that I shouldn't post demos of future templates.

I sincerely apologize to those who feel awkward.

Very honestly, as said Adda, my sales are pocket-money.

I post the demos mainly because I am glad with the result.

I hope it might sometimes be a source of inspiration and that it helps to make the promotion for Igor to sell PTE.

But I certainly do not want to put a bad atmosphere on this forum.

That's why I won't post my demos/slideshows in this forum anymore, unless the associated template is free or if a section dedicated to promote templates for PTE is opened.

I will continue to post all my work on my personal website.

A file support section exists since its creation on my site ( http://www.thedom.fr/share/viewforum.php?f=17 ).

Thank you to all of you. :)

Dom

the problem is, if you go away and somebody has a problem with your plugins they complain here not to your web page

they rely on your expetise and when things go amiss the whine comes here

it is a matter of education -- you should get a section dedicated to your "treats" :)

and

as was mentioned this morning one member is afraid that windows is going to take a backseat to "MAC DEVELOPMENT"

now do you want Igor to resolve a problem with a third party plugin that does not have anything to do with the basic concept of Pict to Exe

windows 7 is going to be released in +- 3 months - he has to make sure it works properly with it

you were not around when we were struggling with it to run on win98se and he was trying to get it to run on xp

I said the other day the "be nice " to see etc has to take a backseat to getting it to run proper - he has to pull all the pieces together and it is very difficult

ken

ken

Hi Ken

I'd like to reply to this comment specifically if I may, as I was the one who first raised the issue of a problem using that particular Dom template in the latest version of P2E.

With respect, if you look back at my comment I was saying that the problem was not with the Dom template at all, but with some change that seems to have happened between P2E 5.6 and P2E 5.7.3 which caused the template to no longer work properly.

The template worked perfectly in 5.6 and should therefore work in 5.7.3, but it didn't. The point of the comment, if you look back, was to try to provide a bit more info to help with the P2E problem.

You are implying from your first sentence that the fault lies with the Dom template, which is not the case at all.

You said above that 'the whine comes here when things go amiss'. Look back again and tell me where the whine was. I didn't appreciate that remark.

Secondly, the Dom's templates are not add-ons at all - that is doing a gross injustice to them. They are complete P2E projects, and good ones at that.

I appreciate that you do a sterling job in this forum, but misguided comments from misreading information can open up an unnecessary hornet's nest.

Regards,

wideangle

WHENEVER THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF DOM'S TEMPLATE THE WHINE COMES HERE NOT TO DOM'S SITE --

Igor pays for the bandwidth of this forum not dom and every screenshot takes bandwidth

If there is a problem with a template complain to dom and let him get it sorted out by dealing with Igor

I have no problem with dom posting his treats, great, but complain to Dom directly

i tested his recent shows on 2 systems and posted the results - which he asked for -- very few others replied that they had tested -- not much support to a show but if it is a template that is no longer available, where does the complaining go to - WNSOFT FORUM

and i knew this would open another can of worms

sorry if you take it personally but i am just stating the facts the way i see them

-- dont let the competition know that the #1 software author is having problems with somebody elses template with his latest beta, take it off list

ken

Sorry, but I can not understand the problem.

I am stupid?

TheDoms templates are nothing else than "normal" PTE-Shows - with fantastic effects.

They are absolute no software!!

And if there are problems with the shows with a new version of PTE, in my eyes it is a topic for this forum, because it is a problem of the program and not with TheDom.

BESIDES if TheDom does a mistake.

But I cannot see this.

And for me it is very important on which hardware configuration I can do which kind of effects.

Is the bandwidth really a problem??

I think now its the time to hear, what is Igors opinion.

Igor, please let us now, what you are thinking.

Also about templates from TheDom and others within (!) PTE.

Is there a chance to integrate such templates some further day in PTE (like plugins for PSP)?

Best regards

Adda

Adda said

"Also about templates from TheDom and others within (!) PTE.

Is there a chance to integrate such templates some further day in PTE (like plugins for PSP)?"

could you not have placed this in suggestions section -- Igor has asked time and again to place suggestions in the suggesion box not in the general box so he does not miss it

ken

Adda said

"Also about templates from TheDom and others within (!) PTE.

Is there a chance to integrate such templates some further day in PTE (like plugins for PSP)?"

could you not have placed this in suggestions section -- Igor has asked time and again to place suggestions in the suggesion box not in the general box so he does not miss it

ken

Sorry, my mistake.

For the moment I am too affected inside me because the discussion.

I get quiet.

WHENEVER THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF DOM'S TEMPLATE THE WHINE COMES HERE NOT TO DOM'S SITE --

Igor pays for the bandwidth of this forum not dom and every screenshot takes bandwidth

If there is a problem with a template complain to dom and let him get it sorted out by dealing with Igor

I have no problem with dom posting his treats, great, but complain to Dom directly

i tested his recent shows on 2 systems and posted the results - which he asked for -- very few others replied that they had tested -- not much support to a show but if it is a template that is no longer available, where does the complaining go to - WNSOFT FORUM

and i knew this would open another can of worms

sorry if you take it personally but i am just stating the facts the way i see them

-- dont let the competition know that the #1 software author is having problems with somebody elses template with his latest beta, take it off list

ken

Sorry Ken, but you are still missing the point completely.

As I and others keep saying in this particular thread, THERE IS NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER with Dom's template. The issue is with some aspect of change between P2E 5.6 and 5.7.3!! Please re-read the points made by everyone.

All we are doing is trying to identify bugs within the latest issue of P2E.

Can you please show me where at any stage there is a reference to bugs in the Dom template???

Can you please show me where the whines about it are, that you keep referring to???

As I say, you seem to have created an issue out of misreading the whole thread, which is not helpful.

(I'm not sure that I understand where your last comment is leading).

Regards,

wideangle