WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

I have been trying to copy and paste a slide on the timeline in V6 beta 18 using ctrl+c & ctrl+v, but it does not seem to work. Can someone else please confirm this bug. It worked fine in V5 as I've used this method many hundreds of times.

Geoff

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff,

It didn't work in v5.6.4 either.

And I'm happy that it shouldn't. It runs the risk of totally screwing up the timing of a sequence. I'm happy to settle for "drag and drop" in the Timeline and either "drag and drop" or Cut and Paste in the Slide List.

regards,

Peter

Hello Igor,

Perhaps you already have knowledge of the bug I found from the bêta 16 :

It concerns a 3D effect set up into the Z position. And particularly applied to mask containers.

Here a download link for an exe file + album

Slide 2 : the problem occurs in preview mode from both objects & animation editor and main window. But this 3D zooming works well in o&a éditor in its viewing area.

FYI to avoid this pb (in waiting you fix it) I applied the following alternative : in the 3D parameters bloc, in addition to Z position, I have slightly adjusted the field "Angle X" for one unit, as you will see. In that case the sequence works everywhere perfectly (see Slide 4).

Thank you in advance for your support and then congratulation for your work which gives us a lot of happiness :)

Sorry Peter I disagree I always found this a very uesful feature in some of the larger slideshows I have to do annualy so I'll have to keep an older copy of PTE to do the initial layout, then move it to a later version for final editing.

Geoff

Hi,

V6.0beta19 (Win XP SP3) : unable to create a valid HD video.

With a (test) slide show (one picture with some test effects), I tried to create a HD video for PC and Mac.

Mp4 file has been succefully created with default presets (Sd & Medium quality) but I'm not able to see anything in Quicktime player. (even with latest download : 7.64.17.73)

I guess, i missed something because I couldn't create a valid HD video with 5.6.4 (video builder registrered), neither with 6.0 beta 19 (video builder demo version).

Any ideas ?

I'm not able to see anything in Quicktime player. (even with latest download : 7.64.17.73)

Well, some fixed snapshots are sometimes displayed (not a slide show) at the end of playing (35 sec).

(mpeg4 is 20mb)

mmh, it's probably time to upgrade my video card / computer ! ? :angry:

Well, some fixed snapshots are sometimes displayed (not a slide show) at the end of playing (35 sec).

(mpeg4 is 20mb)

mmh, it's probably time to upgrade my video card / computer ! ? :angry:

Following my tests, an mpg4 (3.7Mb) was correctly created with "Publish on Youtube".

This file is correctly readable with QuickTime.

Seems there is some problems with "Create HD video for PC Mac" (?)

Hello Igor,

Perhaps you already have knowledge of the bug I found from the bêta 16 :

It concerns a 3D effect set up into the Z position. And particularly applied to mask containers.

Here a download link for an exe file + album

Slide 2 : the problem occurs in preview mode from both objects & animation editor and main window. But this 3D zooming works well in o&a éditor in its viewing area.

FYI to avoid this pb (in waiting you fix it) I applied the following alternative : in the 3D parameters bloc, in addition to Z position, I have slightly adjusted the field "Angle X" for one unit, as you will see. In that case the sequence works everywhere perfectly (see Slide 4).

Thank you in advance for your support and then congratulation for your work which gives us a lot of happiness smile.gif

Thérèse,

Thank you for letting me know about this visual defect on a slide! We've reproduced this issue and fixed it. Please wait for Beta 20. You've found a good temporal solution, by the way.

Adda,

Only one bug, I recognized:

In German language there is no Caption for Button "3D parameters".

Thanks! Will be fixed.

Kalain,

I think problem in the installed QuickTime version. It's strange that it can't play created MP4 video file, because when I tried it worked fine. Please try another video player. For example Media Player Classic Home Cinema

SEE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8954

KEN

I think problem in the installed QuickTime version. It's strange that it can't play created MP4 video file, because when I tried it worked fine. Please try another video player. For example Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Works well with Media Player Classic Home Cinema but not with QuickTime (as suggested in PTE Creating HD video windows).

If this can help to understand the problem and may be fix a PTE problem, Here is how it behaves with QuickTime.

when HD video is played, there is a black screen. (time cursor is running)

when I pause video, an fixed image is displayed. (where video has been stopped.)

if I start (keep going) video, time cursor is running but not video, just same previous fixed image.

if I pause again, a fixed image is again displayed (where video should have stopped)

Hope this will help to solve the problem.

I don't think this is directly relative to the the beta copy I am using (Beta 19) or something completely different, but I have never noticed this issue before.

I am creating a tutorial and want to display a screen grab of the Photoshop size palette and the PTE Project options palette within a PTE slide show.

I grabbed both palettes/windows using Hypersnaps, a piece of software I have been using for many years.

The Photoshop size palette displays perfectly sharp in the PTE slide show, the PTE project options screen grab does not. It is slightly degraded and not sharp. The size position in pixels is set to 100% in the OA screen for both grabs

I thought I would get around this by doing a print screen and pasting the project options into a new document, but that is the same

when viewed in a slide show

I grabbed another palette from PTE and that displays sharp ????

I tried v5.6 and that displays the same too.

Why doesn't a PTE screen grab display pin sharp in a PTE slide show when it does in the software that grabbed it and also in Photoshop

If I place the screen grabs onto a background in Photoshop and save them into the PTE show, the screen grab then displayes sharp

Baffled mad.gif

Hello Igor,

About PTE version 6.0 beta 20:

There are still some problems with the lay-out of the Project Options frame in the Dutch language.

See the screenshots of the "Main" and "Advanced" frames.

post-539-125511946532_thumb.jpg post-539-125511948615_thumb.jpg

Also problems in the German and Polish languages.

In the English language everything is fine.

Thanks and greetings,

Cor

Hi Igor,

the problem still there with v6.0 beta 20

please refer also to my previous post : here

Best regards.

Daniel,

As I understand the situation your "bug" is not a bug. The scenarios you have described in the past all include an action (for example: the create of an exe file) that causes a change to the data recorded in the project file. The project file stores within itself the name of the "Created" exe file. So, if you create an exe when none previously existed, this is a change to the project and PTE will prompt you to save the project file because it has been changed by your actions.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I understand your explanations but I don't think the end user should have to worry about what is or is not stored in the project file.

As a user, I create a project, I save it then I create an exe. Why should I save my project again ?

I only made a compilation but the images, sounds and animation remains the same.

From the user point of view, to create an exe doesn't change HIS project.

I am used how PTE works but even for me, it's sometimes very confusing and I really hesitate before saving it again.

Hi Igor,

In V5.6.4 it is possible, in O&A, to add TEXT and in the FONT box highlight the text font and scroll up/down using the up/down arrows to see the FONT change in real time.

In v6 Beta 20 this has been altered to give "SAMPLES" of text fonts in a drop-down menu which is an inferior method of previewing fonts.

Is the ommission of the FONT PREVIEW in real time a bug or is it your intention to continue with the inferior drop-down box method?

DG

Daniel, Peter, Dom

Hi Igor,

the problem still there with v6.0 beta 20

please refer also to my previous post : here

Best regards.

My tests indicate there is still a slight difference in current version with the Create As function from earlier versions.

When using the Create As and saving as the same filename\path in the older versions, PTE did not prompt the user to save because the project file has changed. This works correctly as I see it.

In the current beta version ... it seems whenever Create As is invoked (even if the filename\path is the same) PTE prompts the user to save because the project file has changed. If no changes in the filename\path have changed since the last save ... the user should not be prompted to save for changes.

As for:

From the user point of view, to create an exe doesn't change HIS project.

There is a reason and need for this function. The.pte file documents/records the last saved filename\path location to keep track. If the user ever changes the saved filename\path ... the user should be prompted to save because the project file has changed so PTE can properly document the new changes in the filename\path. Im glad Igor keeps all the relative project data in the .pte file ... otherwise our PC registry may have to become the logger of changes.

Barry,

I'll reply you by email. I need more information.

Cor,

There are still some problems with the lay-out of the Project Options frame in the Dutch language.

See the screenshots of the "Main" and "Advanced" frames.

I confirm this issue. Will be fixed in Beta 21. Thanks.

Dave,

In V5.6.4 it is possible, in O&A, to add TEXT and in the FONT box highlight the text font and scroll up/down using the up/down arrows to see the FONT change in real time.

In v6 Beta 20 this has been altered to give "SAMPLES" of text fonts in a drop-down menu which is an inferior method of previewing fonts.

Is the ommission of the FONT PREVIEW in real time a bug or is it your intention to continue with the inferior drop-down box method?

We've changed behaviour of font combobox control to avoid logical problem with recent list of fonts. After you press Up/Down key, additionally press Enter to apply choosed font.

Igor

I will try, but I have already found a solution.

I wanted to use PTE for an instructional show where I added commentary and needed a screen grab of the Project Options window.

I created that screen grab with both Hypersnaps ( a small program that does it on a key stroke) and I did the same thing with the print screen button and pasted it into a Photoshop document. In Photoshop I cropped to just the Project options window.

I used those screen grabs in the slide show and set the parameters for the size of my show and set the object (the screen Grab) to 100% size

In the PTE show on playback the screen grab takes on a very slight softness, which is not seen in Photoshop.

The solution is to past the screen grab into a new document at the size I am working at (1920*1200) and then is displayes fine.

I have made a two slide test show for you that will work on a key stroke. Both images are the same screen grab. The first one is the screen screen grab window, the second is the very same screen grab pasted onto a page.

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/igor.zip

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the explanation.

However, I think that the behaviour of the font list is, pehaps, not quite right?

If I highlight the font name and scroll down and then hit ENTER the font changes on screen.

BUT, if the font chosen is not what I want, the next time I scroll down, the font list begins again at the TOP of the font list.

A more logical way would be to scroll down, hit enter and, if the font is not suitable, carry on scrolling from the last chosen font?

DG

Tom,

It's not a bug mainly. Because you set non-linear speed for rotation. It means that Object uses values from first and third keyframes and ignores rotation values from second keyframe. Rotations are three - Rotation, Angle X and Angle Y. So the object discards Angle X/Y values of the second keyframe.

But there is a logical bug in the inteface - we disable Rotate edit box and forget disable Angle X/Y fields. It will be fixed in Beta 22.