WnSoft Forums

Article in "Photography Monthly" (UK), Nov 2009

Igor

• 3 weeks later...

If it's legal (is it ?), is it possible for somebody to scan the page(s) and to upload it here ?

I would be very interested to read the article. :)

Hi, I'm the author of the article in Photography Monthly (it's in the November issue in shops now).

As I want to keep writing for PM the answer to "can I scan and distribute' has to be "no"; it's their intellectual property and none of us like our work being given away :-). Some of my PM articles get posted on their website at a later date but I cannot be sure that this one will.

Just to let you know that I'm not an expert in P2E, just an enthusiastic user and the article is aimed at beginners. It's a step by step showing how to put together a basic slideshow using my pictures from the Tour of Britain cycle race last year. Hopefully it will raise some interest and additional sales for P2E.

A version of the article is also being published in Professional ImageMaker, the magazine of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers and I may (no promises as yet!) be able to publish a pdf of that article once it is published (sometime before Christmas) as it isn't a high street publication and I'm sure the Editor would agree.

I'm also down to give a 2 hour Masterclass on P2E at the SWPP Convention in London in January. As a professional photographer I'll be concentrating on how to make high quality show with the minimum of time and effort.

ANDREW

thks

now why dont you put this

"I'm also down to give a 2 hour Masterclass on P2E at the SWPP Convention in London in January. As a professional photographer I'll be concentrating on how to make high quality show with the minimum of time and effort. "

c/w all details in the

News of AV Events section

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

ken

Hi

Good article but

I could not believe you would tell anyone to create a blank title slide .........

at 72 pixels / inch! ohmy.gifhuh.gifmad.gifblink.gif

I would advise changing that fast for any future published articles or you will look very silly !

You are working with projected images not prints here !

Read Scantips : http://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html

May well see you at SWPP but we are off to PTO later in the month too. smile.gif

Hope this helps.

Hi

Good article but

I could not believe you would tell anyone to create a blank title slide .........

at 72 pixels / inch! ohmy.gifhuh.gifmad.gifblink.gif

I would advise changing that fast for any future published articles or you will look very silly !

You are working with projected images not prints here !

Read Scantips : http://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html

May well see you at SWPP but we are off to PTO later in the month too. smile.gif

Hope this helps.

Hi Maureen,

Ok, Yes I KNOW that 72dpi is not relevant to screen use (great article by the way) BUT the fact is that PSE has a box for resolution and PM readers will come back and ask what to put there. Generally they are not knowledgeable AV creators.

You need to know that PM has a strict format for these articles and I have to keep to a word count limit which precludes discussion of why the resolution doesn't matter for this so I just gave them a figure. Looking back I should have said leave the resolution alone or something similar but then I'd have struggled with the word count and probably received questions on the PM forum so I'll just have to "look very silly", which I'm not.

Andrew