WnSoft Forums

[DEMO] HUUUUGE Google Earth Zoom (1.000.000!)

thedom

TheDom-HugeEarthZoom-Small.jpg

[ size : 23.17Mb - 1 minute and 20 seconds ]

icon_pa_download.gif - icon_pa_rate.gif -

About three years ago, I made a test to make a Google Earth zoom. http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?action=file&file_id=110

Let's face it, it was really bad. <_<

Here is an other attempt which I think is much better.

I made two versions, a standard version and an extended version with SFX and sounds.

Btw, I encountered the limit of PTE : it is not possible to zoom more than 1.000.000

Too bad, I could have even more details. Anyway, I think this one is already huge.

For this zoom, I used 9 only different pictures (screen captures in Google Earth).

The animation is perfectly smooth on my pc but it might be jerky on weaker video card.

If some of you are interested in a tutorial to make such an effect, I will make one.

Please let me know. :)

Excellent!

Here's a challenge... to anyone. If you ever saw the movie "Contact" (with Jodie Foster and based on Carl Sagan's novel), there's the opening scene that took them months to make that zooms out - like this demo does - but it zooms out to the end of the Universe then fades back to the child's eye at the end. Now to see something like that done in PTE would be very impressive. (Of course, I'd do it myself but I just don't have the time :-))

Hi potwnc,

Thank you for watching my demo and posting your comment.

About your challenge, the "limitation" :lol: of PTE to 1.000.000 zoom make it difficult to make.

A way to do it would be to make the zoom on different slides but I'm afraid the zoom wouldn't be continuous and smooth.

I will keep the challenge in mind and may be, one day...

Hi Dom,

the huge zoom out of Earth in the extended version is fantastic.

I am interested in a tutorial and i hope i can learn this nice effect.

If you should made a tutorial, i say many thanks in advance!

If there are no other users with interest for a tutorial,

would the TPL of this effect helps along.

best regards

Udo

Hi Udo,

Thank you for your interest.

At the beginning, I had every intention to make a tutorial and to share the full pte project with all files needed (like I did for this text effect).

But as it seems you are the only one to be interested in a tutorial for this zoom effect, I will only post the pte project.

I'll wait for a few more days simply because I need to clean up the project.

May be others manifest themselves. In this case, I will make a tutorial too.

Rob, Udo, thank you.

Somebody wrote to me directly, so you're now three to be interested in the tutorial.

I will try to make it next week-end.

PS : I don't want to sound demagogue but I am certainly not "the master", I am just a user with enough time and passion to spend a lot of time to work with PTE. :)

Hi Dom,

I am also very interested in your proposed tutorial.

I have for some time been wondering if it would be possible to do something similar to what you have demonstrated.

Perhaps you could advise me if what I have in mind is practical.

An illustration of what I have in mind is as follows. Last week I completed a walk form Bologna to Florence and intend to make a short AV of the trip. Ideally I would like to zoom in to Northern Italy, pause then zoom into Bologna at an acceptable (?) altitude, pan along the route I walked pausing and zooming into the villages I spent the night at and then zooming back out and continuing in this manner to Florence. That is the basic idea. How and where exactly I would incorporate this into my AV I have not thought through as I'm not certain if what I have in mind is practical.

I am assuming the panning will be the simple part in that I guess the way of achieving that is to screen capture the route and merge each image in PS to form a single image. I suspect in order to accommodate the zooming I may have to do this for each leg of the route rather than the complete journey but perhaps you could let me have your opinion.

Regards

John

Sorry guys, I spend more time to work in my garden this week end than behind my PC.

But I promiss I will make the tutorial soon.

John,

To achieve the pan in a very smooth way, I think the best method is to use only two images corresponding to two screen captures per slide and to use a quick transition between each slide.