WnSoft Forums

V6.0 beta 19 : drag and drop an image in slide list

Hi,

I was a bit surprised of drag and drop limitations in PTE.

well, I can't drag a picture from a directory and drop it inside slide list. :blink:

a missing feature ? a limitation ? a bug ?

It would be nice to do this. (specially when your directory is already openned and when path of this directory is quite very long and not so easy to find it again in tree list. ;) )

Neither Ctrl+c (in directory) and Ctrl+v (in slide list) works !!! (missing feature? a bug ?)

Kalain,

I suggest you double check this. If neither drag and drop nor Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V are working, how are you getting your images into the slide list. I'm not aware of a third option? I've just checked v5.6.4 and v6.0 b18 and both of these versions support drag and drop and Copy&Paste. I cannot believe that b19 has suddenly dropped these essential features!

regards,

Peter

Kalain,

I suggest you double check this. If neither drag and drop nor Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V are working, how are you getting your images into the slide list. I'm not aware of a third option? I've just checked v5.6.4 and v6.0 b18 and both of these versions support drag and drop and Copy&Paste. I cannot believe that b19 has suddenly dropped these essential features!

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Seems that my previous message was not clear enough.

Ctrl+C/Ctrl+v or drag and drop is from another explorer windows, not from PTE folders directories.

Example :

Inside an explorer window I do "Copy".

but inside PTE slide list, "Paste Ctrl+V" is greyed. (not available!)

Same for Drag and drop : Drag from an external explorer window, drop to PTE slide list. (A forbiden icon (Round + /) is displayed.)

Kalain,

Now I understand!

That is not a feature that I miss. I have learned that the best way of working for me is to start a new AV sequence by creating a new folder for it and then copy into that folder all the images that I think I might use.

Then I simply use PTE's features to select the images and place them in the order that I want.

regards,

Peter

I have learned that the best way of working for me is to start a new AV sequence by creating a new folder for it and then copy into that folder all the images that I think I might use.

ok, I thought (expected) it was possible to do this "in the fly" by drag&drop images from external explorer windows.

After that, when project is finished to select all images and copy them in a directory, which is done with File/Create backup in Zip.

dont forget to copy the music plus any other info you have used for the show into the main working folder

ken

I haven't yet used seriously PTE, Only for beta testing or debugging it, but thought this was fully done (music and any other infos used in slide show) by "File/Create backup in Zip". :unsure:

Kalain,

File/Create backup in Zip will place all the image files and all the sound files that you have used into a zip file, together with the PTE project file. What Ken is pointing out is that, to guard against missing sound files, you should copy your sound files into your projects working folder before you begin work on that sequence (more precisely, at the time when you decide to use each sound file).

regards,

Peter

For years we have advocated making a specific folder for each show c/w all the parts thus eliminating "where have my pict's/ music gone" questions

some of your suggestions seem to advocate a lot of bells and whistles that are not really necessary if you practice the above protocol!

ken