Igor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to remove 5.6 to install and use 6.0 - just install it and you will have two icons; one for 5.6 and one for 6.0

Best regards,

Lin

hello Igor

Unfortunately :( I can't use pte v.6.0 because of removing posibilities of pte5.6 in folowing pic

best regards

Guest Yachtsman1

You don't need to remove 5.6 to install and use 6.0 - just install it and you will have two icons; one for 5.6 and one for 6.0

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Isn't it the case that you have to be careful when installing an upgrade you have to ensure that two of the boxes on the final installation page have to be left un-ticked or the new version takes over from the current version? :unsure: .

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric,

You're thinking of the "File Associations" issue. Only one version of PTE can carry the default file association in Windows (i.e. the association with the file extension .pte). So double-clicking on a PTE project file will always open the project into that particular release of PTE.

regards,

Peter

I found the following which I believe is a defect in 6 - and probabbly earlier versions: if slides have been set up to go to slide number x when the user clicks an object and then a slide that is not the last slide of the slideshow is deleted, all references to target slides x should have the number of the traget slide automatically updated to x minus 1 if the number of the deleted slide is less than x, but that doesn't happen.

This has been the way of working of PTE for many years. The same problem occurs if you add a slide. The "Go to" values are not re-calculated in this case either.

I have, on more than one occasion, asked Igor to make some appropriate changes but, so far, without success. At one point he and I discussed the possibility of being able to assign a label to each slide and to have an option to "Go to Label xx". I feel that this would be a preferable solution as it would not require the PTE project file to be re-calculated every time a slide is deleted or added.

All we can do is wait and see if anything happens in the next release.

regards,

Peter

At one point he and I discussed the possibility of being able to assign a label to each slide and to have an option to "Go to Label xx".

Peter

Peter, when you say "label" do you mean naming the slide (e.g., "the house slide") instead of numbering it? I believe that in the .pte file the slides are numbered and that PTE itself works by reference to these numbers. How would PTE be expected to behave if I later delete the slide named "the house slide"?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see why it would be difficult for PTE to re-calculate re-numbered slides and to give a warning that deleted slides that are the target of "go to slide" have been deleted.

Not sure if this is a bug or whether it has worked this way for a long time and I just never noticed (it did NOT always work this way as I recall). Anyway, I wanted to create a couple of templates in directories other than the one I normally store my templates in. So I went into "File\Templates\Manage Templates" and attempted to change the directory to a different directory than I normally use (which is not PTEs default). When I change the name, PTE immediately begins copying all of the templates I already have from the old directory to the new directory. WHY? If I wanted to move them, I would do so myself. And I would certainly expect at the very least the program to tell me that it is going to copy or move my existing templates. Actually it would be better if when I selected "Create Template from this Show" the program just asked me where I wanted the template in the first place, with the default being whatever directory I had previously set up.

What I am actually trying to do here is create a PTE file with some relatively clean file paths inside so that I can edit the darn thing in my text file and do some easy find and replace work to substitute files. I finally ended up zipping the entire show, unzipping it into the new directory, then doing a "Save As" on the PTE file to get rid of all the extraneous file paths. That part wasn't that big a deal, but I found the issue of moving the files mentioned above was disconcerting and appeared to lock up PTE while it was trying to copy the templates. I finally just Ctrl-Alt-Deleted PTE to stop the activity.

At the very least, it would be good to have a warning that the templates are going to be moved or copied or whatever and the ability to opt out.

Thank's Igor and rest of the team!

It is a great product for all people from the novice who want to do a very simple slideshow or the hardcore ones that take on every challenge on site and push the limits out into the stratosphere.

My compliment on a job well done.

Laszlo

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0.1 Release Candidate 2

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7.5 MB)

Changes in version 6.0.1

+ Added support of Korean language.

* Improved quality of large text objects (problem of fuzzy text).

* Fixed visual bug in the Objects and animation editor when changing size of an Image object from 0% to larger value caused a blurred view of this image.

Tom,

Please try latest version 6.0.1 RC2 I posted today - http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10889&view=findpost&p=71727

It should fix this isssue in Mac slideshow.

Also I've uploaded updated demo with 6.0.1:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/LegsTest.zip

A couple of Mac specific issues. I debated posting this in the PicturesToExe and Mac subforum but noticed other users posting bugs to this thread.

Problem displaying part of Lin Evans slideshow with Out of Bounds PNG overlay. In windows slideshow the transparent png legs overlay the building legs. I verified on mac mini and imac have same problem.

post-2058-125917448497_thumb.jpg

post-2058-125917450118_thumb.jpg

Also Macs can not use PTE slideshow as a screensaver. Maybe Snow Leopard can only use 64 bit screensavers. See this thread.

Not big problems, but maybe something to look at in next version.

Thanks,

Tom

Updated version 6.0.1 of PicturesToExe Deluxe is available

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip (7.4 MB)

Changes in version 6.0.1:

+ Added support of Korean language.

* Improved quality of large text objects (problem of fuzzy text).

* Fixed visual bug in the Objects and animation editor when changing size of an Image object from 0% to larger value caused a blurred view of this image.

* Fixed visual issue with wrong position of objects in Mac slideshows on some complex slides.

• 1 month later...

I have communicated the information to members of my club.

One of them just answer me this :

I noticed this problem on my new P.C. (Windows7 64-bit).

At first glance, the PTE version 6.02 improves the operation of the program (including scrolling control time on the timeline).

• 2 weeks later...

Updated version 6.0.2 of PicturesToExe Deluxe is available

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip (7.4 MB)

Changes in version 6.0.2:

* Fixed problem of v5.00-v6.0.1 with freezing of PicturesToExe on some PCs when user opens "Objects and animation" editor.

I have been discussing on the "Trouble with Windows 7" thread because I could not get my video builder key to work. I read about the latest version of PTE (6.0.2). I eventually managed to download it and it has solved the problem I had. BUT it has generated a new one which is even more serious.

I cannot load a new project!!!

The folder panel only contains some of my folders. It will show "Documents" but not "Pictures" so I cannot load any images that are not in the "Documents" folder.

This is serious because in Windows 7 there is a folder called "Libraries" which contains several folders "Documents", "Music", "Pictures" and "Videos". I can't see any of the last three.

Help - quick!

DaveOR