WnSoft Forums

image titles

ldofout

Many people are using Pictures to Exe to make show for photographic exhibitions, and like to show the title of the image and author with the image. The only way I have found for adding the titles and suthors name to the image as they go through is to type each one individually. I have tried importing the name but as soon as you want to edit the it, the words change to the original template and I have to over type what I what.

So is there a way of getting titles into a show on individual images, that can be edited.

Yes, you use Text objects in the O&A window. But I think you have already tried this when you say: "...The only way I have found for adding the titles and suthors name to the image as they go through is to type each one individually..."

regards,

Peter

Many people are using Pictures to Exe to make show for photographic exhibitions, and like to show the title of the image and author with the image. The only way I have found for adding the titles and suthors name to the image as they go through is to type each one individually. I have tried importing the name but as soon as you want to edit the it, the words change to the original template and I have to over type what I what.

So is there a way of getting titles into a show on individual images, that can be edited.

I think you might have tried using PROJECT OPTIONS > COMMENTS to put your titles in ? (see picture below)

I can come up with two possible solutions for you (one of which is along the lines of Peter's comment above):

1. If you use Project Options > Comments, ensure the photographers submit their images with the file names as you want to display them. But that is too late now (unless you RENAME them all) and they still can not be edited in PTE

2. Use a Directory to Print utilty such as Karen's Directory printer (which is free) and save the directory listing as .txt file (or whatever format you want that is allowed within the utility), then you can copy-paste the file name into PTE via PROJECT OPTIONS > COMMENTS (don't use the TEMPLATE section) or OBJECTS and ANIMATION and edit them as you see fit.

If I have understood what you are after, hope one of those two suggestions might work

post-239-126312349952_thumb.jpg

Set up the first slide the way you want it with Image, Title and Author's Name.

Copy that as many times as required.

In O&A go to (new) slide two and change the image in Properties - if all images are in the same folder that's easy.

Edit the Title text and the Author's Name text to suit.

Go to slide three and repeat as above.

Keep going until you reach the last............

Alternatively, put all images in as normal - add a text box to the first and copy and edit to the second, third etc.

I've used this for up to 200-300 images in a Salon presentation and found it to be the easiest.

P.S. Get someone to check it for you afterwards - someone else will see mistakes that you don't.

DG