WnSoft Forums

Sound sync problems

rob10ert

Hi to all this is my first post so sorry if I have got it wrong, re etiquette etc. :rolleyes:

Anyway I am having problems with slides being out of sync with the music files used in the show.I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and how they fixed it.

The slides and music are perfect when previewing them in the PTE prog but when created as a DVD or a exe file for PC then they are a good 3 to 4 seconds out and some of the tracks are chopped or not even recored.

Iam running V 6.02 Show is 578 slides 38 mins long and uses mix of MP3 and Wav complied using Audacity...... HEELPPP any suggestions

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi to all this is my first post so sorry if I have got it wrong, re etiquette etc. :rolleyes:

Anyway I am having problems with slides being out of sync with the music files used in the show.I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and how they fixed it.

The slides and music are perfect when previewing them in the PTE prog but when created as a DVD or a exe file for PC then they are a good 3 to 4 seconds out and some of the tracks are chopped or not even recored.

Iam running V 6.02 Show is 578 slides 38 mins long and uses mix of MP3 and Wav complied using Audacity...... HEELPPP any suggestions

Many Thanks

Rob

Nothing like a nice small show to start you off (Assuming this is a first AV for you Rob :) )

1.Have you got Music Sync turned on: PROJECT OPTIONS > MAIN> SYNCHRONIZE MUSIC AND SLIDES

2. Is it one music track ? You say "compiled" using audacity, so I am assuming it is.

3. How did you add the music ? PROJECT OPTIONS > MUSIC tab ? or attach it to the first slide or ?

4. What are the "specs" on the track ? How many mbs ? MP3 or WAV, at freq of 44,100 ? I suspect it might be a VERY large file and the computer might be having issues dealing with it.

5. What size are your images (pixels and mbs?)

6. DId it work OK on the PREVIEW

Maybe a few clues like that might help

xxxxxxxx

Following up on Ken's posting that went at same time as mine, if they are seprate tracks and making them all MP3's does not help, merge them all together into a single track using audacity

Do not use WAV files in PTE, much better to use mp3 (not mp3 pro files though) and combine them all into one single track to match the length of your slide show.

I do think that you may be a little over the top with 578 slides, a normal lengtyh show is about 5 minutes in length otherwise you are at risk of boring your audience.

Ron

Guest Yachtsman1

Do not use WAV files in PTE, much better to use mp3 (not mp3 pro files though) and combine them all into one single track to match the length of your slide show.

I do think that you may be a little over the top with 578 slides, a normal lengtyh show is about 5 minutes in length otherwise you are at risk of boring your audience.

Ron

Ron your comment on the run length is just personal. My last public show ran for 65 minutes 650 slides, split into two half hour sessions. I sold 50 DVDs of the show on the night & pre ordered, and I have had to make a further 40. I agree, shows to PTE /CClub audiences need to have limits. My rule design the show for your intended audience.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 ;)

Nothing like a nice small show to start you off (Assuming this is a first AV for you Rob :) )

1.Have you got Music Sync turned on: PROJECT OPTIONS > MAIN> SYNCHRONIZE MUSIC AND SLIDES

2. Is it one music track ? You say "compiled" using audacity, so I am assuming it is.

3. How did you add the music ? PROJECT OPTIONS > MUSIC tab ? or attach it to the first slide or ?

4. What are the "specs" on the track ? How many mbs ? MP3 or WAV, at freq of 44,100 ? I suspect it might be a VERY large file and the computer might be having issues dealing with it.

5. What size are your images (pixels and mbs?)

6. DId it work OK on the PREVIEW

Maybe a few clues like that might help

Thanks Jim I think I found the problem ( ME ) :lol:

I did like you suggested at point 1 and sync was off BUT to be fair when I previously turned it on and tried to create a DVD etc I got an error mssg saying I couldn't use this with personal slide play list or something , so not knowing what this really meant I turned it off again and carried blindly on hoping . NOW I do know what it means and have removed the play list from the offending slides and hey presto ... it works fine all 578 odd of them even with mixed MP3 wavs and the tracks as individual tracks too.

Brilliant

I will continue to tinker with the show and try out some of the other suggestions to see how they affect it

Many thanks and to all the other members who suggested options too :D

xxxxxxxx

Following up on Ken's posting that went at same time as mine, if they are seprate tracks and making them all MP3's does not help, merge them all together into a single track using audacity

Ron

Ron Many thanks for your suggestion , I'll have a dabble at it and see what effects it has on the show

I agree that 578 slides is a lot but it's my Holiday shots of USA and will be viewed by me and wife and other relatives who I want to punish ;)

Cheers Rob

Rob:

If it works that's great

But it sure seems to be a little messy way of doing it.

"normally" one merges all the sounds into a single MP3 track. (I work with wav files until I am happy with the mix)

That one track is loaded in via PROJECTION OPTIONS > MUSIC tab

And of course Synchronize slides to music is ON.

Doing a mixture like you are doing one has to be careful they are all at a frequency of 44,100, otherwise the timing can be off (been there done that ! :rolleyes: )

Ron Many thanks for your suggestion , I'll have a dabble at it and see what effects it has on the show

I agree that 578 slides is a lot but it's my Holiday shots of USA and will be viewed by me and wife and other relatives who I want to punish ;)

Cheers Rob

At least it is a relatively quick punishment :D :D

Normally 578 images would run at about an hour. One image per 6 seconds on average. Showing 578 one by one with discussions would keep your family and relatives glued to the screen for well over a half day if you didn't run them as an AV. (Or maybe you would have to glue them to their seats B) B) )

I agree with Ronnie that most shows run at 5-8 minutes and most of mine do. But I have some, designed for specific audiences that run as long as 25 minutes. They have voice-overs to keep people awake (and interested hopefully).

Rob

I am glad you have a sense of humour about this, I hope the straps on the chairs for the Rellies are strong.

Seriously that is nothing wrong with using a lot of images from a memorable USA holiday, but what about splitting it into sections. Your audience will probably find it more watchable that way.