WnSoft Forums

windows 7 64 bit

Igor

I'd like to ask users of Windows 7 who have problems with PicturesToExe 5.5, 5.6 and 6.0.

This problem was described as a freezing of the program or Windows when an user starts a new project and add one or several new slides.

We still can't reproduce this problem and need more information. All I know presently that Microsoft recently fixed very similar issue related with video drivers when Windows Vista was upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit.

Please answer on several questions:

1) Brief description of the problem.

2) Edition of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

4) It's a new clean installation of upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista? (please specify version of previous Windows - 32-bit or 64-bit)?

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update?

6) The problem is resolved now?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. When I open the project in video maker (for TV) it goes fine until I get to the page where it asks for a project name and the other choices. As soon as I click on any field (or just on the page) it immediately locks up. Everything else seems to work fine, it's only when I go to the video maker project section that it freezes.

2. Windows 7 Home Premium

3. 64 bit

4. Clean install on a new computer

5. I've check and it seems to have all updates

6. The problem still exists.

I've also uninstalled and re-installed PTE twice. The second time, just to be sure, I disabled all virus protection. Still didn't work.

I also just found that after trying DVD builder and having it lock up it also makes my DVD drive unable to recognize CD/DVDs when they are inserted or when I try to look at the contents with Windows Explorer. When I turn the computer off and back on the drive works fine.

Igor:

I had an issue with Windows 7, somewhat different than what you describe above. See posting: here

1. Issue was random slight drag on a transition accompanied by a static sound on the audio. This was for PTE ver 5.6 and before.

2. Windows 7 Home premium

3. 64 bit

4. Clean install on a new laptop

5. Problem was solved to a large extent by re-compiling all my PTE projects in Ver 6.

6. Yes the problem is solved for large part. I still had a very few minor re-occurrences so I turned off AVG anti-virus and a few other things in START-UP. Problem is still there on an infrequent basis but I really have to be paying attention to notice it.

Igor,

I wii be alittle more specific as to my problem and brief, I hope. Everything works fine up to the point of creating a DVD video. Depressing the create buttom at the bottom left of the screen produces a drop down menu from which I select DVD-Video Disc. The PTE file appears showing the first picture of the presentation. FYI, the create menu box is checked. The upper left of the screen that previously listed the name of my project, now says " untitled wnsoft video builder 6.0" I checked project options at the bottom left and changed the menu ratio to 16.9 and clicked ok. The only option remaining to me is the "next" buttom at the bottom right. When depressed, the software freezes and the upper left of the screen now reads" untitled wnsoft video builder 6.0 not responding"

Win 7 professional

64bit

New computer, factory installed version

As far as I can tell, all windows updates are done

Thanks,

Jim

I'd like to ask users of Windows 7 who have problems with PicturesToExe 5.5, 5.6 and 6.0.

This problem was described as a freezing of the program or Windows when an user starts a new project and add one or several new slides.

We still can't reproduce this problem and need more information. All I know presently that Microsoft recently fixed very similar issue related with video drivers when Windows Vista was upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit.

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

4) It's a new clean installation of upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista? (please specify version of previous Windows - 32-bit or 64-bit)?

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update?

Thanks in advance!

Igor,

I as able to solve my problem listed in my last post. The feedback explanation is legnthly. If you wish it all, please just post

your desire and I will respond. I do have an additional problem with windows 7. Specifically, when the burn is complete, the popup window prompt says"Burn process is completed, click OK to eject the disc" Clicking OK does not eject the disc. The percent of operation completion says 99%-- running time remaining is o.oo. I must manually eject the disc, which plays perfectly, however,the burn process window remains on. Clicking the cancel button produces a pop up window asking" Do you really want to cancel the operation yes or no" Selecting either yes or no does nothing. The other buttons on the screen( Back or Close) are greyed-out and not usable. The only exit is to select the window close out X in the top right of the screen. This selection produces another pop up which says" Video builder is not responding" and gives you two options-close out the program or wait for the program to respond. I tried waiting on the program to correct.It failed to do so after a long period of time. Repetitive section of the "X" out of the main window will finally close out the screen and takes you right back to the starting pointing with the PTE screen. Any advice? How 'bout remove and replace the software?

Jim

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

Thanks in advance!

Has there been any progress towards a resolution to this problem? Apparently I'm not the only one with some issues.

I know it's a holiday weekend and I'm trying not to be too frustrated, but this problem started, for me, on the 18th and I had wanted to give a DVD as a present. I have to admit, I even thought about going over to the dark side, Pro Show Gold, but I took one look at it and like PTE even more than before, except that it won't work correctly.

I also got my laptop out, which has Windows XP SP3. It burned the DVD with no problem.

Hopefully someone will have an answer soon.

e.b.west,

In the meantime while waiting from Igor or support with some answers about your issue ... you might try contacting jdearman.

His Post #5 appears similar to your VB freezing issue.

His Post #6 implies he has solved the VB frezzing issue to some degree.

I'll do that but his problem is not the same as mine. He gets a drop down menu. I get a lock up when I click anywhere on the page and I don't get any messages from PTE.

I was also waiting to hear from Igor since Jdearman had asked him to respond if he wanted an more detailed explanation. I didn't want to butt in.

e.b.west,

Sometimes these things take time to resolve ... especially so if Igor cannot reproduce the issue on their PC(s).

My first suggestion to any users who experience any program freezing issues (not just PTE) ... is to turn off all Virus protection programs and Firewalls. Just make sure your not connected to the internet when performing these tests.

With all the different and various protection programs out there that people use nowadays ... sometimes these things can easily be promoting other program issues because they are using so potent and restrictive measures to protect your PC.

So, test and try to build a small size DVD slide show with all protection processes turned off to at least eliminate those processes as a likely culprit in your trouble-shoot steps. If your using several protection processes ... turn them back on one by one and test to verify the issue is not being promoted by a specific program.

Its always the first test I make and recommend.

e.b.WEST

Sorry for the delay. Its the Holidays and I have had company and not enought time to work on my problem and answer your query. More specifically, I was able to make the software work "ONE" time.Afterwards I wrote the reply that I had solved my problem. Wrong!!.. I still cannot burn a disc. My procedure is as follows. From the file menu, I select new and title my project.I then open the pictures that I want in that project. I go thru the normal building process,i.e., select all the photos for the project, select the music and them preview. When I am happy with the results, I save the project. As I stated in my earlier post, every thing is working ok up to this point. The next step in the process is to create a disc. When I select the create button, the large drop-down menu appears. I select "DVD-Video Disc" from the menu. What follows is: The upper half of the software window now shows the named project on the upper right 2/3's of the screen as a " BLANK" square and shows the same "BLANK" square in the bottom 1/3 rd of the screen. The only option remaining is the "NEXT buttom at the bottom right. Selecting that freezes the software.

The time that I was able to make the software work, I actually had the first picture of my presentation showing in the "BLANK" square. I have not been able to duplicate that.

I have un-installed and re-installed the software with the same results.

I continue to work on this as I have time. Since there are not that many post on Win7 problems, I honestly feel that I am most probably the cause of the problem.

I will update as changes occur.

Jdearman

nobeefstu,

Tried your suggestion, in addition to this discussion, which seems to have died, I sent an email to jdearman with no success.

I was hoping to hear something here. I still can't get it to work.

Thanks for the replies.

nobeefstu,

I tried all of that several times before my first post. None of it seemed to help.

jdearman,

Your problem is similar to mine but just a little different. Since this all worked on an XP machine, I think it may be a Windows 7 bug and not us as far as I can tell.

I too have this problem.

I have transferred PTE 6.0 to my new Windows 7 based machine. I had some trouble making the key work but eventually had a new key supplied.

The new key works fine for PTE but when I try to use the video builder to create a "HD Video for PC or Mac", it first asks for the key, which I insert, it then lets me go ahead but does not actually run. No action screen appears and Windows 7 then tells me that "Video builder is not responding".

When I retry it asks for the key again, it tells me that it has accepted it but when I run it the same fault occurs again.

I am using Windows 7 V6.1 (Build7600) Home Premium 64bit with Intel ® corei&CPU 860@2.8GHZ and 8GB RAM - if that helps!

I bought such a high powered machine especially because my old one was taking 20min to process 1 min of video - C'est la Vie!

Incidentally and probably not connected I have similar problem with Photoshop CS3. When I reinstalled it on my new machine it wouldn't recognise my Nikon D700 Raw files (.NEF) so I downloaded the appropriate converter which had worked fine on my old machine. It works OK in Photoshop but does not work in Bridge. Unfortunately Adobe are extremely difficult to contact so I can't say if this is a general problem. Not strictly relevent to PTE but if anyone out there can help I would be very grateful!

Happy new year to one and all

CAROL STEELE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7904&view=findpost&p=49129

does not seem to be having the problems that others are having

her specs

=========

Carol

www.carolsteele.co.uk

Geeky stuff: Main system is an Intel i7 920 overclocked to 3.67GHtz/ nVidia GTS 250 with 1024Mb Ram/ Gigabyte EX58 UD5 motherboard/ 12Gb of DDR3 RAM /Running Windows 7 x64 Professional

=======================

maybe drop her a note and ask what problems if any she has had with her install

ken

We're still trying reproduce these problems with Windows 7 and no luck with it yet. I hope will be more successful in the next year. Thanks for your patience.

It's nice to know that you're working on it. I've tried everything within my limited knowledge and nothing works. I even started a new slide show with different photos from different folders. Same thing.

Further info:

I tried once again to produce an mp4 file to play on Windows media player. I entered my key in Video builder (Once again!). It was accepted, as before, and so I exited VB and clicked "Create" again and the set-up screen appeared so I clicked OK. Once again the dialogue box disappeared but no "progress" screen appeared - just an ikon in the task bar saying "Creating HD...". Thus far the same as before. This time though I let it run and after a few minutes the progress screen appeared declaring the task completed. "Hooray" I thought and then tried to play the resulting file with Windows media player. No joy - just a black screen that ran for the approximate length of the slide show - about a minute. When I compared the file size I saw that while the files of the same sequence I had produced using XP on my old machine were around 50MBytes and displayed perfectly in Media Player, this one was only 69kBytes.

Don't know if this helps!

DaveOr

Has any progress at all been made on this? I still can't make a DVD.

Just so I'm sure that I explained it right, this is a screen shot of where I get to. If I click anywhere on this page the DVD Maker stops responding.

757548457_zsPAq-L.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Has any progress at all been made on this? I still can't make a DVD.

Just so I'm sure that I explained it right, this is a screen shot of where I get to. If I click anywhere on this page the DVD Maker stops responding.

757548457_zsPAq-L.jpg

Have you tried the NEXT button bottom right?

Yachtsman1 :unsure:

Hi

In your screenshot the two boxes labelled Device and Speed do not appear to be greyed out, yet they don't have anything in them. It looks as though P2E is not picking up your DVD writer. What happens if you try to click on the two little black drop-down triangles?

Regards

wideangle