WnSoft Forums

windows 7 64 bit

Igor

Hi

In your screenshot the two boxes labelled Device and Speed do not appear to be greyed out, yet they don't have anything in them. It looks as though P2E is not picking up your DVD writer. What happens if you try to click on the two little black drop-down triangles?

Regards

wideangle

DVD maker immediately locks up. Sometimes on one click sometimes it takes two clicks, but I can't do anything on this page.

Also, for those familiar with Windows, after I attempt to run the DVD Builder I look in the Task Manager under the "Processes" tab and there is a process called Burn.exe*32 running. If I run the builder again then there are 2 instances of the burn.exe*32, and so on. When I try to end the burn.exe*32 process it won't end, it just stays there. The only way I can get rid of the entries is to start the computer.

I said this earlier and it may have been overlooked but after I try to run DB no other program will recognize the DVD drive until I re-start.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am beginning to think that this is a problem with PTE. I have just carried out an experiment. I produced a very small Video with just 4 jpg images with a 4:3 aspect and a simple fade with no zoom or pan at medium quality. The whole thing lasting just 16 secs. I first created a simple exe file which ran perfectly. I then created an HD video for PC or Mac. Once again it asked for my key which I copied in again. I exited Video builder and tried again. This time it did not ask for my key. No create screen appeared but the task bar tab said somthing was going on. After a few mins the builder screen appeared and I could see the video being produced. When it was completed it ran perfectly on Windows Media Player.

Encouraged I produced a slightly more complicated show comprising 3 jpg images at higher definition in 16x9 HD format but keeping other conditions the same. This time the HD VIdeo process didn't ask for the key but appeared to run. This time when the video screen eventually appeared there were no pictures being processed just a black screen. When I tried to play it Windows said it couldn't run it.

Furthermore when I try to play the first mp4 video it now has "Created with unregistered version of VideoBuilder -= www.wnsoft.com. You need to upgrade to Deluxe edition of Pictures ToExe" blazoned across it.

Is there any solution in sight?

DaveOR

I'm just off skiing now for a week. Hope the problem is solve by the time I get back!!

Regards All

DaveOR

I wish I was, I'm going in the hospital for 8 days maybe we'll both have a working program when we get back.

I wish I was, I'm going in the hospital for 8 days maybe we'll both have a working program when we get back.

I guess I have nothing to look forward to. I wrote an email to support as if anything was being done or should I ask for a refund. They sent back that my refund had been processed, I guess that's it for me.

DaveOR,

Your particular issue shows all indication that your VideoBuilder Key has some sort of problem in its text composition, incorrect whitespace, or incomplete text content. Basically what is called damaged or corrupt content.

When the above issues are prevalent in any key file ... the Windows Registry wont actually enter the Key=Value into the registry. Therefore VideoBuilder may initially accept your key information but the Windows Registry isnt writng it permanently into the registry. Thats why VideoBuilder asks you to enter your Key each time of use because it does not see it in the registry.

To easily verify this action ... just open your Windows Registry and check the key setting entry in :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

If the Key REG_SZ value is empty, missing, or incomplete ... theres some sort of corruption in your key file information content.

or

You can just use/run KeyCopy utility tool and it will tell you if the VideoBuilder key information exists in the registry.

---

Do you have 1 Reg Key for both programs or 2 separate Reg Keys ?

Does your VideoBuilder Key document when opened with notepad show text content somewhat like this :

REGEDIT4

"Key"=

*there is additional text info after the = sign which should be your actual Key Value.

I'd like to ask users of Windows 7 who have problems with PicturesToExe 5.5, 5.6 and 6.0.

This problem was described as a freezing of the program or Windows when an user starts a new project and add one or several new slides.

We still can't reproduce this problem and need more information. All I know presently that Microsoft recently fixed very similar issue related with video drivers when Windows Vista was upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit.

Please answer on several questions:

1) Brief description of the problem.

2) Edition of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

4) It's a new clean installation of upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista? (please specify version of previous Windows - 32-bit or 64-bit)?

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update?

6) The problem is resolved now?

Thanks in advance!

1 I can not compile a show in version 6

2 When I have added a slide or 2 to the bar at bottom my machine freezes and I have to turn it off at the mains.

3 I am using windows 7 home premium

4 64 bit

5 On a brand new computor

6 I have removed and reinstalled Pic to exe V 6 . Above problems continue

7 Using Intel core2 duo E7500 at 2.93ghz. 4gb ram. ati mobility radeon HD 4500 graphics card

8 All windows updates are on

Very annoying but will not use the language I used when these problems occurred

Dave2,

1 I can not compile a show in version 6

2 When I have added a slide or 2 to the bar at bottom my machine freezes and I have to turn it off at the mains.

3 I am using windows 7 home premium

4 64 bit

5 On a brand new computor

6 I have removed and reinstalled Pic to exe V 6 . Above problems continue

7 Using Intel core2 duo E7500 at 2.93ghz. 4gb ram. ati mobility radeon HD 4500 graphics card

8 All windows updates are on

Very annoying but will not use the language I used when these problems occurred

Its possible your issue is not a Windows 7 with PTE problem. Another user just last month had problems and could not compile a exe because their particular brand Virus/Firewall programs were restricting the PTE compile process.

To verify if your issue may be caused by your Virus/Firewall program(s) ... please turn-off those programs and test/try compiling a PTE exe again. See if the freezing issue is also resolved.

Dave2,

Its possible your issue is not a Windows 7 with PTE problem. Another user just last month had problems and could not compile a exe because their particular brand Virus/Firewall programs were restricting the PTE compile process.

To verify if your issue may be caused by your Virus/Firewall program(s) ... please turn-off those programs and test/try compiling a PTE exe again. See if the freezing issue is also resolved.

The issue I am suffering from seems common to many judging by the enteries above. If it is a problem with conflicts with anti virus and firewalls it is a problem with pte programme that needs to be fixed.Surely there is a solution after nearly a month. I do not want to go through the potch of disengaging from the internet in order to disable my protection just to make a show. I would prefer a solution

Dave

Dave2

The issue I am suffering from seems common to many judging by the enteries above. If it is a problem with conflicts with anti virus and firewalls it is a problem with pte programme that needs to be fixed.Surely there is a solution after nearly a month. I do not want to go through the potch of disengaging from the internet in order to disable my protection just to make a show. I would prefer a solution

Dave

Is it that much of problem for you to test ?

No one is asking you to stop using your Virus/Firewall programs completely ... only for a short test. You seem to naturally assume PTE needs fixing where it may be the developers of your Virus/Firewall programs or even Windows 7 need to do some fixing. The only way to find these things out is for the user to test since Igor does not have everyones Pc, hardware, and software setup sitting in his home/office to test for himself.

All that you suggested had been tried. PXE works on a vista system using the identical security system. The problme is, in my humble opinion, that it does not work with windows 7 and as that is the system we will all shortly use it poses a problem for pxe. I know some will say that msm have never produced a system that works first time but windows 7 seems to be the exception to the rule. Love 7...hate vista. We need a solution soon or the reputation of pxe being innovative will be lost. Some may start to suggest that it suffers form the msm problem....wrong first time , every time.

I am now having to use other av products to make shows. At least I can produce something with these be it they are not up to pxe standards.......or the previous standards.

I've recently installed windows 7 home, and finished a lovely slideshow which I had started before the new windows version. I wanted to start a new slide-show today and it stops every time I try to go to "customise slide". If you need any more information I'm happy to try.

Sári

I've recently installed windows 7 home, and finished a lovely slideshow which I had started before the new windows version. I wanted to start a new slide-show today and it stops every time I try to go to "customise slide". If you need any more information I'm happy to try.

Sári

Sorry, I was wrong,

It is "objects and animation" when the problem starts.

Sári

Hi Dave,

I can sympathize with your frustration with this issue, but it doesn't follow "at all" that if there are PTE conflicts with an anti-virus and firewall that it's a problem with the PTE code. There absolutely are known issues where anti-virus software causes issues with not only PTE but with "many" other perfectly good software programs. Symantec NAV 2010 immediately comes to mind. The problem is so pervasive that Symantec has written a "work-around" and even patched the "work-around" so that it would do what they originally intended when it failed to work properly. I have been, and presently am in contact with the Chief Technology Officer at Symantec to try to get this issue resolved. The NAV 2010 SONAR module incorrectly finds PTE created executable code to be problematic and summarily deletes these data filled files. Destroying data is a serious no, no even in the anti-virus world. Companies such as AVG and Kypersky quickly fixed their code which were finding false positives with PTE executables. Symantec is a more difficult company to work with because even some of the senior technical support people have no clue as to "who" is responsible for correcting the problem. Their code is written in numerous countries and like some other companies which I'm familiar with, no one who is immediately accessible has a clue about how to resolve problems which fall outside the normal curve.

Windows 7 is not a panacea and has "numerous" bugs which are being discovered and "swatted" daily. It's no different than previous Microsoft products in that respect. It's smaller, less complex and hopefully will be "easier" to debug than the bloatware Vista, but it's far from being a stable product yet. There are conflicts with various manufacturer's hardware, conflicts with thousands of software products and there are numerous software products which simply will not run on Windows 7 at all!

We will need to have patience to allow PTE's developers and Window's 7 developers time to work out the kinks. No new product is perfect and a new OS is especially problematic. As has been mentioned by Stu, it will probably be at least Service Pack One for Win 7 before things will completely settle down. The problems people are having could be hardware related (video card), driver related, driver revision related, PTE software related, anti-virus related, firewall related, etc.

Most competing presentation slideshow software does not use hardware rendering. This means they use only the CPU rather than the Video card to create on-the-fly images. In the past, some of these software vendors have even asked their users to not use their own software to create DVD's but rather to create ISO files and use third party software such as Nero to burn their DVD's! That's how pervasive these issues of compatibility can be with new operating systems, new hardware and the myriad variables which are involved. Having hardware rendering (using the GPU rather than CPU to create intermediate images for PZR and transform effects) gives PTE the incredible smoothness and quality which set it apart from the competition, but it also makes compatibility issues more complex because it involves more variables such as the video card and drivers and their interaction with both PTE and the new Win 7 operating system.

We would "all" love it if everything worked instantly and perfectly, but we will have to ride out the storm until things settle down. We will also have to have patience and cooperate by helping the developers wring out the bugs on the PTE side while Microsoft and others do so on the OS and hardware side.

Best regards,

Lin

Dave

Your particular issue shows all indication that your VideoBuilder Key has some sort of problem in its text composition, incorrect whitespace, or incomplete text content. Basically what is called damaged or corrupt content.

When the above issues are prevalent in any key file ... the Windows Registry wont actually enter the Key=Value into the registry. Therefore VideoBuilder may initially accept your key information but the Windows Registry isnt writng it permanently into the registry. Thats why VideoBuilder asks you to enter your Key each time of use because it does not see it in the registry.

To easily verify this action ... just open your Windows Registry and check the key setting entry in :

If the Key REG_SZ value is empty, missing, or incomplete ... theres some sort of corruption in your key file information content.

or

You can just use/run KeyCopy utility tool and it will tell you if the VideoBuilder key information exists in the registry.

---

Do you have 1 Reg Key for both programs or 2 separate Reg Keys ?

Does your VideoBuilder Key document when opened with notepad show text content somewhat like this :

REGEDIT4

"Key"=

*there is additional text info after the = sign which should be your actual Key Value.

Thanks for this.

The only way I could find the Registry editor was via the Windows Help. Is there a quicker way?

Anyway I tried to do what you suggested but it hasn't worked, so I wondered if I am doing it correctly.

The file structure I can see in the registry looks like this:

It contains a folder called WnSoft wich contains a file Name, (Default). Type, REG_SZ. Data, (value not set).

This folder also contains a sub-folder with 2 files. The first is identical to the one above and the second is Name, Key. Type, REG_SZ. Data, which contains a string of characters which is the key Notepad tells me is for Video Builder. The different key for PTE does not appear anywhere.

I tried copying the Video Builder key into the two files which said (value not set) but it made no difference.

I am loathe to try messing about with the register in case I wreck it completely.

Do you know what this register should look like - I am sure it shouldn't say (value not set) and I am suspicious that the PTE key does not appear anywhere.

Regards

DaveOR

PS What is the KeyCopy utility?

DaveOR,

I dont advise people to edit the Registry directly unless they feel absolutely certain they know what they are doing. The Registry has no confirmations or messages to save on exit ... it just automatically enters whay you type in after you click OK.

The only way I could find the Registry editor was via the Windows Help. Is there a quicker way?

From the Start Menu - Run command just type in regedit

I have provided 2 attachments of what things should exactly look like on a XP OS.

The 1st top listing (Default)(value not set) is pretty much normal for any and all registry entries.

See my Signature below for KeyCopy link details. KeyCopy will atleast tell you if a VB key currently exists in your registry. However, it cannot tell you if its a valid key value or entry.

Sample Key.txt

post-45-126392917124_thumb.jpg

DaveOR,

I dont advise people to edit the Registry directly unless they feel absolutely certain they know what they are doing. The Registry has no confirmations or messages to save on exit ... it just automatically enters whay you type in after you click OK.

From the Start Menu - Run command just type in regedit

I have provided 2 attachments of what things should exactly look like on a XP OS.

The 1st top listing (Default)(value not set) is pretty much normal for any and all registry entries.

See my Signature below for KeyCopy link details. KeyCopy will atleast tell you if a VB key currently exists in your registry. However, it cannot tell you if its a valid key value or entry.

Thanks once again for your interest. My register does indeed look like your atachments. I couldn't see your "signature below" so I am still in the dark as to what the KeyCopy link is. Also I'm running Windows 7 64bit, but I don't suppose it is that different from XP. Anyway I still can't make the darned thing work! If the register key is wrong what can I do about it?

Regards

DaveOR

DaveOR,

If the register key is wrong what can I do about it?

At least now we can confirm something has been written to the Registry in the way of a VB Key.

The only way to resolve this issue with your Key is to contact Wnsoft Support ...

http://www.wnsoft.com/support.htm

If you still have your other or another PC (XP or Vista) to test if this VB Key works on another OS ... at least you know its just a PTE/Windows 7 problem and not a problem with the actual VB Key.

It would also be helpful to verify whats actually written in the Windows Registry exactly matches whats written in the VB Key txt file ( all the string of characters in the Key=value)

The more you know ... the more you can report to Wnsoft.

Note:

The Signature area lies at the bottom of every Post. Some users dont use it ... but here is what mine looks like. KeyCopy cannot help with your issue ... its still a useful tool for all users when the need arises. Click the KeyCopy.

post-45-126403102001_thumb.jpg

1) Brief description of the problem. Pans & Zooms jerky, not smooth

2) Edition of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.) Home Premium

3) 32-bit or 64-bit? 64 bit

4) It's a new clean installation of upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista? (please specify version of previous Windows - 32-bit or 64-bit)?

New installation on new PC. The graphics card is NVIDIA 512mb GEFORCE8400GS PCI EXPRESS

misterk

2) Edition of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update?

6) The problem is resolved now?

I'm wondering if there is any resolution to the problems that some of us are having with PTE on Windows 7. Just after Christmas I reported to WnSoft that I could not make my key work with Video Builder when I was trying to create a “HD video for PC or Mac”. They sent me another key which did not work either. They then suggested I ask on the forum so on the 31st Dec I entered the discussion thread. I have had a couple of suggestions but unfortunately none worked. eventually, on 21st Jan Nobeefstu recommended I try WnSoft again. Once again they gave me another key, but still no joy. I was asked my operating system etc which was information I had already given them – but I gave it again. This time utter silence - I have heard nothing in spite of reminding them I was waiting for an answer.

For the record I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. It is a new clean installation on a new machine.

It is a Quad-core i7 CPU 860@2.80GHz 2.79 GHz using 8.00 GB ram.

Does anyone think that if I uninstall PTE and ask for another copy I might have some luck.

I must say I am getting very frustrated.

DaveOR

I'm wondering if there is any resolution to the problems that some of us are having with PTE on Windows 7. Just after Christmas I reported to WnSoft that I could not make my key work with Video Builder when I was trying to create a “HD video for PC or Mac”. They sent me another key which did not work either. They then suggested I ask on the forum so on the 31st Dec I entered the discussion thread. I have had a couple of suggestions but unfortunately none worked. eventually, on 21st Jan Nobeefstu recommended I try WnSoft again. Once again they gave me another key, but still no joy. I was asked my operating system etc which was information I had already given them – but I gave it again. This time utter silence - I have heard nothing in spite of reminding them I was waiting for an answer.

For the record I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. It is a new clean installation on a new machine.

It is a Quad-core i7 CPU 860@2.80GHz 2.79 GHz using 8.00 GB ram.

Does anyone think that if I uninstall PTE and ask for another copy I might have some luck.

I must say I am getting very frustrated.

DaveOR

I've had lots of nice attempts to help with no resolution so far. Nothing what-so-ever from staff.

I tried the uninstall early on with no changes.

We're still trying reproduce these problems with Windows 7 and no luck with it yet. I hope will be more successful in the next year. Thanks for your patience.

Hello Igor ... firstly, may I congratulate you on PTE - wonderful program!!!

I had this problem some weeks ago, then made a number of projects without problems, but today struck trouble again. One small change seemed to fix that particular project, so I am steaming ahead on that one. Here is what happened: Start PTE, File/New, add 69 images to slide list. No problem. Then I added one more image into the middle of the slide list, and things went crazy ... task bar button expanding and contracting rapidly, etc. No response when trying to interact with objects on the screen. Had to kill it via Task Manager.

I noticed that the image I was trying to add, by drag-and drop from the file list, had an embedded space in its file name - unlike all the other images. I renamed it without the space, and thereafter it inserted into PTE's slide list without trouble.

I got quite excited, thinking I might have discovered something very relevant and useful to you.

So, I made a very small project, to try to illustrate the behaviour for you. Please see TEST-1.PTE and TEST-2.PTE attached. TEST-1 has image file names without spaces; TEST-2 has image file names with spaces embedded. In each project, I remove slide 2, then insert the same image again. Worked nicely with TEST-1, but TEST-2 went crazy in the way I have described. So I was very excited!

However, I now find that TEST-1 sometimes misbehaves too. TEST-2 appears to misbehave always.

My pic files are too big to upload - about 2.5 MB each. If you need me to do so, I will try to provoke the problem with smaller files, and send you those.

2) Windows 7 Professional

3) 64-bit

4) Clean installation - new machine - Dell Studio XPS 8000 with Core i5 and 4 MB RAM, plus ATI graphics. Image files are on an external USB drive.

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update? Did not try this - please tell me if I should.

6) The problem is resolved now? Probably not.

Good luck Igor - I hope this helps.

Best Wishes from Australia ...

Ken Travers (APLman)

Tests.zip