WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Important Notes:

We didn't finish work on this version yet.

Key Features:

Audio Editing and Manipulations

Crossfading between audio clips.

Multi-tracks and simultaneous playback.

Tools for editing of an audio clip (start time, duration, fade in, fade out, time offset, etc).

Animated GIF Support

In addition to animated GIFs, professionals can use manually animated PNG/JPEG images specially processed in a graphical editor.

New Features in the Objects and Animation Editor

Better usability, special improvements for editing of 3D objects.

Reworked a tree of objects with icons.

Automatic naming of new objects.

Video Output for iPad and iPhone 4

Watch slideshow in HD quality on mobile device.

1080p for YouTube Output

FullHD quality for your slideshows now.

Improvements in Slides

A new feature "Insert blank slide".

Name of slides displayed in the Slide list.

Improved "Go to Slide..." of objects which can use a name of a slide in addition to a slide number.

"Show Next/Previous slide" buttons in Slide properties window.

A Full List of New Features:

> Audio editing and manipulations:

+ New audio system.

+ Crossfading between audio clips. (See Project options | Music tab.)

+ Multi-tracks support. Click "Add track" and then insert an audio clip(s) to play simultaneously several audio files.

+ Each audio clip can be virtually edited (lossless editing): Start time, Duration, Fade In, Fade Out, Crossfading, Offset, Volume.

+ Use "Offset" parameter to add silence before an audio clip.

+ Sound comments also has same features for editing.

+ Added video output for iPad and iPhone 4 with amazing quality.

+ New feature “Insert Blank Slide” is available now. (See the main menu | Slide or popup menu of Slide list.)

> Improvements in the Objects & Animation editor:

+ You can choose and save default font for new text objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Text object in the Objects and animation editor.

+ To rotate an object in 3D space hold Shift key pressed, put the mouse cursor slightly outside of a side of selected object, click left mouse button and move the cursor.

+ Added icons to the tree of objects. An each kind of object has own icon (image, text, mask, etc).

+ The tree of objects remembers a state of its sub-items (collapsed/expanded).

+ Improved drag'n'drop of objects in 3D space.

+ “Adjust Image and Border” is a floating window now.

+ You can create an animated sequence of pictures from one image file. Choose a number of frames inside one image file, time interval and other parameters to see a picture like Animated GIF. (See "Properties" tab -> "Adjust Image and Border" -> "Animation").

+ Automatic naming of new objects in the Objects and animation editor ("Text1", "Text2", etc).

+ Improvements in the main window of PicturesToExe: New/Open/Save buttons on the toolbar under the main menu. And a new button to change a drive for the file list below.

+ Animated GIF support.

+ Improved function “Go to slide …” of an object. In addition to a slide number you can also point a slide name. Slide names should be declared in the Customize Slide | Main tab.

+ Slide list now displays names of slides (instead of file names of main pictures as it was earlier). By default name of a slide is equal to file name of the main picture but you can rename this name without renaming of real file on the disk.

+ Popup menu of Slide list has two separated functions: "Rename Slide Object" and "Rename Image File".

+ Added buttons to show Next/Previous slide in Slide properties window or use hotkeys Alt+PageUp/PageDown.

+ PicturesToExe remembers a last used image folder in the file panel and tree separately for each project.

+ Added support of 1080p output for YouTube uploads.

+ Vastly reduced size of an executable file of a slideshow which contains many text objects.

+ Added "Set Graphical Editor" and "Set Sound Editor" options (See Main menu | Advanced Options).

+ Vastly improved smoothness/fluidity of animation on a slide with large PNG, GIF or BMP images.

! Removed support of MIDI audio files. Please use MP3, OGG, WMA or WAV files instead of.

A Full List of Bug-Fixes:

* Fixed issue when saving of a project could fail and cause deleting of an previous version of this project file on a disc.

* Fixed issue (all previous versions) with creating of AVI video files on some PCs.

* Fixed issue with a slow playback of mono audio files in slideshows for Mac.

* Fixed bug with a error message "Not executable file or file corrupted" which appears if call "Run slideshow" command and then terminate the show by Esc key.

* Fixed bug with "Run application/slideshow on exit" commands which call a slideshow with a startup window. These commands launched two copies of a slideshow.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 6) with an incorrect view of a text object which contains some symbols in specific fonts.

* Minor improvements in text renderer.

Changes in Beta 2:

* Fixed bugs of previous beta version:

> Each call of Undo/Redo action duplicated tracks of music in Project options.

> PicturesToExe crashed with an error message "29.97 is not a valid floating point value".

> Slideshow in executable file crashed on a slide with specific text objects.

> "Insert template" function in Comments tab of Project options didn't work.

> Crashing of PicturesToExe on some broken Animated GIF image files.

* Fixed bug of versions 6.0.x-6.5 Beta 1 with a wrong view of text objects in some combination of parameters in executable slideshow. For example two text objects with same words but different letter case: "TEXT" and "text".

+ Updated language files.

Changes in Beta 3:

* Fixed bugs (v6.5 Beta 1-2) with a slow performance on heavy slides in comparison to previous version.

Changes in Beta 4:

* Fixed bug with option "Repeat music after playing". It didn't work in Beta 1-3.

* Fixed issue with playback of 22KHz audio files in executable slideshows for Mac.

* Improved reliability of executable slideshows for Mac.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-3) with a tree of objects in the Objects and animation editor. Sometimes it didn't remember state of items (expanded/collapsed).

* Improved reliability of the Objects and animation editor.

Changes in Beta 5:

+ Added Play/Pause buttons and rewinding to a floating window of selected audio clip.

* Fixed problem (Beta 1-4) with incorrect playback of some MP3 mono audio files in Mac executables under Mac OSX 10.6.x.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-4) with "Play songs in random order" option (Project options | Music tab). An order of songs didn't change in every run of executable slideshow.

* Fixed bug with appearing of an error message during creating of a project template.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-4) when background music started in a startup window of a slideshow.

Changes in Beta 6:

+ Improvements in the main window of PicturesToExe: New/Open/Save buttons on the toolbar under the main menu. And a new button to change a drive for the file list below.

+ The program remembers a state of the waveform on the timeline (show/hide) after restarting.

+ New key shortcuts (F11/F12) to go to Next/Previous slide in the Objects and Animation editor and in the Slide properties window.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) with waveform on the timeline if start a new project.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) when call of "Run slideshow" command might cause crash of a slideshow with a specific text objects.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 5) with a error message "Not executable file or file corrupted" which appears if call "Run slideshow" command and then terminate the show by Esc key.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 5) with "Run application/slideshow on exit" commands which call a slideshow with a startup window. These commands launched two copies of a slideshow.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) of loading of some old projects which contained audio files. PicturesToExe mistakenly loaded zero length for music files.

Changes in Beta 7:

+ Added video output for iPad and iPhone 4.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-6) with zero length of WMA/OGG audio files as sound comments in projects created with previous versions of PicturesToExe.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 6) with an incorrect view of a text object which contains some symbols in specific fonts.

* Fixed bug (Beta 5-6) with incorrect work of waveform of the timeline if a project has an option "Play songs in random order".

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-6) when sound comment disappears if open Slide properties window and then click OK button.

* Fixed minor bug (Beta 1-6) with "Set defaults" button in Slide properties window. It didn't clear personal music playlist.

* Fixed two visual bugs (Beta 1-6) in Project options window, Music tab and in the main window (in some languages).

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-6) with incorrect calculation of audio clip duration in Project options | Music tab.

Changes in Beta 8:

+ You can choose and save default font for new text objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Text object in the Objects and animation editor.

+ Improved smoothness/fluidity of animation on a slide with large PNG, GIF or BMP images.

* Fixed bug (Beta 5-7) in the floating window with properties of a selected audio clip. A sound "click" might occur at the beginning of playback.

* An error message "A component named MusicPlayerFrame already exists" might appear in the Project options window | Music tab (Beta 7).

* The up/down arrow buttons on the scroll bar in the Project options | Music tab did not function (Beta 1-7).

* Fixed problem with some text object in an executable slideshow. An error message appeared during a show.

* Fixed bug with preview of text comments in the Project options. It didn't display underline font style in preview area.

* Minor improvements in text renderer.

Changes in Beta 9:

* The program didn't remeber style of waveform (mixed or stereo) in some cases.

> Improvements and changes in VideoBuilder:

- Ability to set custom filename for H.264 MP4 video file (PC/Mac).

* Improved compatibility of VideoBuilder with DVD writers. It should solve problems with DVD burning on some PCs.

* A bug with entering of custom width/height values for video in PC/Mac preset.

Changes in Beta 10:

+ Envelope Tool and Waveform for a selected audio clip (Project options | Music tab or Sound comment).

* Fixed an old bug (v5.5-v6.5 Beta 9) in the main window of PicturesToExe which caused "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error message.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong text color in a preview of Text comments tab, Project options.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong start time of an audio clip when it's edited (Start time and Offset). For more details: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11802&view=findpost&p=77626

! Removed support of Vimeo uploads. Vimeo doesn't accept direct uploads from slideshow software anymore. You can upload shows manually through their website.

Changes in Beta 11:

+ You can choose and save default settings for new Image objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Image object.

+ Various improvements in the floating window with waveform for an audio clip.

+ You can disable show of the window with sound properties after adding of a new sound file to a slide. See the option "Show this window after adding of a new file".

Changes in Beta 12:

+ Added Undo/Redo to the Envelope tool with waveform.

+ Various visual improvements.

* Fixed bug of previous Beta 11 where created executables for Mac didn't play.

* Fixed old visual bug (v5.6 - v6.5 Beta 11) with Mask object which used colored mask image instead of grayscale.

Changes in Beta 13:

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-12) in a floating window with properties of an audio clip. Changing of the Start time didn't affect to the Duration parameter below.

* Fixed visual bug (Beta 12) with Mask object which has 32-bit image mask with alpha channel.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-12) with a floating waveform window. Duration value could be on 10-30 ms less than real duration of an audio file.

Changes in Beta 14:

+ The floating window with proporties of an audio clip displays original duration now.

* Various improvements in audio editing.

* Fixed issue with reading of Comment field from EXIF date in some JPEG images.

Changes in Beta 15:

+ Visual improvements in the main window of VideoBuilder.

* Fixed issue (Beta 1-14) with the drive button in the main window of PicturesToExe on the toolbar.

* Improved import of settings from previous versions when you install a new version.

* Fixed old bug (all versions) when Copy/Paste for slides didn't work in the fullscreen view of Slide list (Lightbox) called from the timeline mode.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful collection of new features! Well done to the whole team!!!

However, the Project Options...Comments feature for setting text comments using the "Insert template" option does not seem to be working.

regards,

Peter

I've just downloaded 6.5 Beta. It installed okay but when I try to open my existing projects I get an error message saying it cannot find the slides and on the detail list of slides it is looking for it gives the directory as D: whereas all my slides are on my C: directory.

Why is it doing this and how to I tell it to look in the C: directory?

Many thanks

Gordon Cochrane

Gordon,

I suggest you first confirm for yourself that the project does still open correctly in your previous version of PTE. If it doesn't then the beta version might have no bearing on it.

When you installed the beta version did you take all the default options during the install - or did you customize anything?

Is the problem restricted to just this one project?

What happens if you use your old version to create a little test project and then try and open that in v6.5 beta? Do you get the same error messages?

Are you sure that the "missing" images have never resided on drive D:?

regards,

Peter

The new audio features are a step into the right direction. Until it will be possible (using PTE) to compose a soundtrack as shown in the attachment, quite a long way will be to go.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-127272730293_thumb.jpg

Gordon,

I suggest you first confirm for yourself that the project does still open correctly in your previous version of PTE. If it doesn't then the beta version might have no bearing on it.

When you installed the beta version did you take all the default options during the install - or did you customize anything?

Is the problem restricted to just this one project?

What happens if you use your old version to create a little test project and then try and open that in v6.5 beta? Do you get the same error messages?

Are you sure that the "missing" images have never resided on drive D:?

regards,

Peter

Many thanks Peter. I did a test project with 6.5 and it is okay. None of my existing projects work on 6.0 so it is not a 6.5 issue. For some reason, for my old projects 6.0 and 6.5 want the slides to be in the D: directory whereas I can find them fine in C: and I don't use D: It looks like I've got a bit of corruption somewhere so i shall investigate further

Keep up the good work Igor - it is a magnificent product.

Gordon Cochrane

Hi Xaver,

Note from Igor's Post:

Important Notes:

We didn't finish work on this version yet.

------------------------------------------------

I believe it is possible to compose a soundtrack as shown in the attachment with PTE now. The difference is that there is no "visual" representation as in your sample.

Right now PTE has multiple tracks, the ability to fade in and out, cross fade, add silence, adjust volume etc., on each track. Though it is nice to be able to see a visual representation as in your sample, as far as I can see it would not be difficult to duplicate the visual representation you have shown with PTE right now. PTE has the ability to put these various tracks where you wish in terms of real time. Click on a song selection and go to Customize and you have a full selection of controls by time.

Best regards,

Lin

The new audio features are a step into the right direction. Until it will be possible (using PTE) to compose a soundtrack as shown in the attachment, quite a long way will be to go.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-127272730293_thumb.jpg

Hi Lin,

You are right that PtE can do make a soundtrack. I have done a some test this afternoon with 7 tracks and 9 soundtracks (music and sound effects) in a 67 slides and 16 min slideshow, but it is hard to keep the overview and it takes some time to get things just right in place and time. I agree with Xaver that a visuale display/interface of the tracks would make working in PtE much more easier. Personaly, I believe that the complexity of PtE today and its future development is just screaming for a visual presentation (interface) of our complete and complex work. To my opinion there is to much clicking, switching and searching.

However, next to this critics I wish to make a complement to the PtE team for their great work and effort with this new beta version. It is an important new step.

Kind Regards,

André

... I believe it is possible to compose a soundtrack as shown in the attachment with PTE now. The difference is that there is no "visual" representation as in your sample ...

... it would not be difficult to duplicate the visual representation you have shown with PTE right now ...

Hi Lin,

This is not true, as I made heavy use of volume key points, which will not be included in version 6.5. Furthermore, it will not help very much if it is just possible to compile the soundtrack "in principle". If I have to do this work by opening a separate window for each clip without having the overall visual representation, it presently seems to be more convenient to compile the soundtrack in a parallel project in Audacity, as I did it with my recent production. What we need is a support for creating new soundtracks, duplication is not the question here.

But as I said, the given features are a step into the right direction, and in easy situations they really will be helpful. So, let us hope that future versions will give us volume key points and an overall visual representation.

Best regards,

Xaver

Thanks Igor for v6.5 beta. Am downloading it now and will start using/testing all the new wonderful features.

Igor,

There seems to be a bug in the code that processes the memorization of the expand/collapse state of the Object tree. I haven't yet been able to re-create it in a controlled test but it happens with maddening frequency on a big project file that was originally created using v6.0. This project has 16 slides and most of them have objects nested in parent-child relationships to 8 generations (one slide has a 10 generation deep nest). The trees of objects comprise image files only (some are JPEGs and some are PNGs). There are no frames, rectangles, text or mask containers.

I open this project file in v6.5 beta 1 and go through it collapsing all the object trees down to just the top-most parents (nothing expanded) and save the project file under a new name. I then re-launch PTE v6.5b1 and open this new version and go into the O&A window and simply step through each of the slides. Some come up still fully collapsed, others come up partially expanded and some come up fully expanded. And if I close without saving and then launch PTE v6.5 beta 1 and open the project file again, I again get some collapsed, some partially expanded and some fully expanded - but not always the same slides as previously in the same state. There seems to be an element of randomness in this behaviour.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

We are very excited on Diapositif with the new V6.5.1, thank you for the work

However we find some bugs.

1) When we add a text object in a project created with the V6.0.4, the sound track will be duplicated.

2) The exe obtained from a project using masks run less fluid than the same exe compiled with the 6.0.4 (noted by Jean-Cyprien). It seems that it occurs with some PC

3) Somebody obtains a crash of the PC when the sound track begins with an offset.

Regards

Eric - Diapositif

This new beta version looks to be very exciting but please remember that it is a 'BETA VERSION' and is intended for members of the forum to test all new features and report any problems back to Igor and his team. If you have any fears about using it, please stay with using the older version until all testing is finished and Igor issues the final version. Testing and searching out any bugs can sometimes take quite a while so please be patient and don't expect everything to work straight away.

Ron West

Peter,

Thanks, I'll try to reproduce this isssue with the tree of objects.

Igor,

We are very excited on Diapositif with the new V6.5.1, thank you for the work

However we find some bugs.

1) When we add a text object in a project created with the V6.0.4, the sound track will be duplicated.

2) The exe obtained from a project using masks run less fluid than the same exe compiled with the 6.0.4 (noted by Jean-Cyprien). It seems that it occurs with some PC

3) Somebody obtains a crash of the PC when the sound track begins with an offset.

Regards

Eric - Diapositif

Thanks, I confirm this bug. It also occurs when you call Undo/Redo. I just fixed this problem for Beta 2.

Also if you see error message "29.97 is not a valid float value." at starting of PicturesToExe. This bug also will be fixed in Beta 2.

Igor,

Regards

Eric - Diapositif

==========================

Igor...

Just to add a bit to the previous note that the sound track gets duplicated when a text object is added. I have not tried this but I was poking around with the Music Parameter menu, not really understanding what I was doing. In 2 different slideshows, the music items in Track 1 were duplicated as Track 2. Don't know what I did but the duplication of the music tracks gets duplicated in more than one way.

Gary (using 6.5 Beta 1)

P.S. I also just noticed that even though the music files are still listed in Track 1 (no Track 2 at this point), the wave form show only the thin blue line...no music. What caused the wave form to disappear was I just opened the Crossfading menu and just closed it, the wave form disappeared. (and Track 1 was duplicated as Track 2 and Track 3.)

Igor

This may be premature as I expect what I am about to suggest will be overtaken when the music controls appear on the time line. However, in the PTE work I have done so far, I found I was looking for a reset button in the music editing windows to take the sound file back to default after I had fiddled with it.

B

Barry,

Clicking on each of the various "parameter titles" resets their value to zero.

Start Time, Duration etc operate this way (same as the 3D parameters dialogue).

I'm not sure if that was what you were looking for?

DG