WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

Changes in this beta:

* Fixed bugs (v6.5 Beta 1-2) with a slow performance on heavy slides in comparison to previous version.

Igor, my handwriting animation demo runs now very smoothly with this last version.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding executables for Mac:

We'll fix an issue with playback of mono audio files in Beta 4. Also here we'll fix an issue with crashing of Mac slideshows with some project settings.

Unfortunately I haven’t now the opportunity to test the sound improvements, nor the GIF animation.

But I want to stress that, since the 6.5 version,

- the fluidity/smoothness on the O&A window is now quite perfect, even with heavy views with a lot of objects and/or keypoints. This is a big improvement. (the fluidity there was seriously lost with the previous 6.0.. versions). Unfortunately, those heavy views take more time to be taken into account with the computer. It was much better with the 5.6 version.

- the reworked tree of objects is also a great improvement. It takes a little bit more time to fold and unfold the (big) tree, but the form of the tree is finally preserved when things are changed, added, removed … (and even when the file is saved) : this allow to win a lot of time ! Precious time, because changing data is very very slow in this case (never satisfied !!).

Jean-Cyprien,

- the fluidity/smoothness on the O&A window is now quite perfect, even with heavy views with a lot of objects and/or keypoints. This is a big improvement. (the fluidity there was seriously lost with the previous 6.0.. versions). Unfortunately, those heavy views take more time to be taken into account with the computer. It was much better with the 5.6 version.

Do you mean that a particular slideshow has more smoothness (fluidity) being created in version 5.6 than in 6.0-6.5 Beta 3?

If yes, please send me source files of this project.

- the reworked tree of objects is also a great improvement. It takes a little bit more time to fold and unfold the (big) tree, but the form of the tree is finally preserved when things are changed, added, removed … (and even when the file is saved) : this allow to win a lot of time ! Precious time, because changing data is very very slow in this case (never satisfied !!)

A state of the object tree should be saved in a project file. What you could suggest, please?

Sorry Igor, it’s always difficult to explain easily what we think !

“Do you mean that a particular slideshow has more smoothness (fluidity) being created in version 5.6 than in 6.0-6.5 Beta 3 ?”

I was not meaning exactly that. There was two remarks :

First, being on the O&A window, there was no fluidity at all with the 6.0 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 versions and heavy views - even created with the 6.04. But now with the 6.5 it’s absolutely OK.

Secondly, even with the new versions, PTE 6… stay a long time (up to 2 or 3 seconds), at the beginning of the same heavy view, without animation (but with the sound going on without stop). It was not the case with the 5.6 version.

About the objects tree.

I’m happy with the new way it works now. A little time lost to fold and unfold the big tree, but a lot of time won after that.

What I was saying then is : when there is a lot of objects, PTE is very slow to change the data, even to add one letter… With the 5.6 version, it finished often with a “Out of memory” ! It’s not the case now. A good point.

Unfortunately I have nothing to suggest ! When working with heavy views, I have to try and to separate the big file in smaller files to work with them, and not the big one.

I’m sending e-mail with templates

Thank you Igor

Peter,

There seems to be a bug in the code that processes the memorization of the expand/collapse state of the Object tree.

We've finally fixed this issue for next Beta 4. Thank you for the sample project file!

Igor,

Many thanks for this news. I'm using that project in a series of "Animation Workshops" that I am running this year. Having precise control over the object tree structure display will be very welcome and will make the sessions a great advertisement for PTE v6.5

regards,

Peter

Igor,

Sorry to bring more bad news to this topic, but I've just found another bug in 6.5beta. I have a manual sequence ("Wait for a key press or mouse click...) that uses a button on slide 11 to launch an automatic sequence using "Run Slideshow and Return". This all worked fine using v6.0. I was checking it out with v6.5b2 in preparation to give this talk and demonstration to an audience early next month and discovered the following:

- the manual sequence operates correctly up to slide 11

- the button launches the automatic sequence correctly

- the automatic sequence runs correctly up to its penultimate slide (15 of 16 - about 1m48s duration out of 2m23s)

- the manual sequence then gets an error

- the automatic sequence continues sound only, no visual until its end

- the system locks up

- it can be freed only by launching the windows task manager and using that to End Task the automatic sequence

I have zipped up the manual task project in its entirety and included a screengrab of the error message. You already have the project file for the automated sequence: it's the same one that showed the problem with object tree collapse/expand.

The problem is still present after installing v6.5b3 and doing a fresh Create of both exe files.

Looking at the symptoms it seems to me as though control may be being returned prematurely to the manual sequence; but I'll leave it to your experts to get to the real answer.

regards,

Peter

Introduction_May14-2010_17-15-13.zip

Igor, I noticed that even when you check the option "Hide selection on pan/zoom/rotate", the selection is not hidden for masks and mask containers objects.

Actually, it was the same for version 6.0.

It's really a minor issue but if you can fix it... :)

I noticed a problem with v6.5 beta 3.

When I want to move an object, I select it and when I start to move the mouse, the object "jumps" and its position is suddenly and baldly moved on to the right.

It seems the problem only occurs with heavy objects, unless it's with heavy slides. :unsure:

I made the test with v6.04 and the problem doesn't occur.

Dominique,

Igor, I noticed that even when you check the option "Hide selection on pan/zoom/rotate", the selection is not hidden for masks and mask containers objects.

Actually, it was the same for version 6.0.

It's really a minor issue but if you can fix it...

I did it on purpose because the mask objects are often don't have visible borders and it's difficult to work with. Same behaviour with Frame objects. If you think that it isn't logical when we have "Hide selection on pan/zoom/rotate" option, please let me know.

Regarding the second issue in O&A we've sent you PM.

raycock

Also with version 6.5 Beta 3, the songs are not repeated at the end of a song. Works fine in 6.0.

Thanks, we've reproduced this problem! It will be fixed in the next beta release.

Peter,

We've sent you PM for additional info.

Guest Dmitry Hapilin

I noticed a problem with v6.5 beta 3.

When I want to move an object, I select it and when I start to move the mouse, the object "jumps" and its position is suddenly and baldly moved on to the right.

It seems the problem only occurs with heavy objects, unless it's with heavy slides. unsure.gif

I made the test with v6.04 and the problem doesn't occur.

Can you send me that slideshow sources to reproduce issue.

Thanks, Dmitry

I did it on purpose because the mask objects are often don't have visible borders and it's difficult to work with. Same behaviour with Frame objects. If you think that it isn't logical when we have "Hide selection on pan/zoom/rotate" option, please let me know.

For the project I'm working on right now, it would help if I could hide the selection for masks and container.

But it's only my opinion. What do the others users think ?

Can you send me that slideshow sources to reproduce issue.

No problem, I will send you the project tonight (in about 6 hours).

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 4 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

* Fixed bug with option "Repeat music after playing". It didn't work in Beta 1-3.

* Fixed issue with playback of 22KHz audio files in executable slideshows for Mac.

* Improved reliability of executable slideshows for Mac.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-3) with a tree of objects in the Objects and animation editor. Sometimes it didn't remember state of items (expanded/collapsed).

* Improved reliability of the Objects and animation editor.

Mac Users and following on from Igor's beta 4 release above

I have just remade my tutorial slide show "Exposure" using beta 4.

To do so I went back to my originally made mono soundtrack, so any Mac users who had any issues with the sound may like to test this one to ensure it now runs perfectly OK.

http://www.beckhamdi...digslidesw4.htm

It's at the top of the page

Igor,

Thanks for sorting out the tree collapse/expand function in beta4. It all works fine now! The "Run Slideshow with return..." problem is still present after doing a Create of the two sequences using beta4 - but I think this is what you expected since Dmitry only got all the debug data earlier that same day.

regards,

Peter

To do so I went back to my originally made mono soundtrack, so any Mac users who had any issues with the sound may like to test this one to ensure it now runs perfectly OK.

Hi,

Still no sound on my iMAC for exposure

Luc M

Igor,

Further to my previous post (#95). The problem with "Run Slideshow with Return..." seems to be a fundamental one rather than restricted to just the two sequences that I reported it on. I have just tried to modify a different menu sequence and one of the target sequences on that and got the same error message. On debugging a little deeper the problem happens only when the target sequence is a PTE project file from a earlier release of PTE that I have simply opened into beta4 and then done Create...Create As... to give me a new exe file. If I build both the menu and the target sequence with beta4 there is no problem. The problem appears only if I use an existing project file that was built by a PTE release earlier than v6.5.

regards,

Peter

Hi Barry,

Just tested the new version and the sound is spot on. Quick responses all round. I'm so pleased I'm not a developer. There always seems to be some unexpected glitch waiting round every corner. We are lucky that Igor and his team are so adept at solving these issues so quickly. Thanks for your remake.

Peter

Hi Barry,

Just tested the new version and the sound is spot on. Quick responses all round. I'm so pleased I'm not a developer. There always seems to be some unexpected glitch waiting round every corner. We are lucky that Igor and his team are so adept at solving these issues so quickly. Thanks for your remake.

Peter

Peter, thanks for that, I wonder why Lmoreels is still having a problem?

Your right about not wanting to be a software developer. I always have a smile when I hear the people ranting about Windows, expecting it to be perfect straight out of the box. It must be a nightmare just sorting out genuine bugs from user error. I don't envy Igor. He must have a very organised brain rolleyes.gif

Hi

I don't know if the problem has been exposed.

When creating the album, there is an error message

sound_error_0040.jpg

and the album does contain neither sound files nor icon file. Only a few people can see this problem and not always.

Sound and icon files seem to be related.

Regards