WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

Mac Apps created in 6.5 Beta 11 will not run on my Mac Pro.

I am very happy to report that Mac Apps work fine in Beta 12.

I reported this problem yesterday ... today it is fixed. Much appreciated. You guys are stars !

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igor,

Would it be possible in the track wave form box to have a button to return the cursor to the start of the wave form? I would suggest that when a start time has been set the suggested return key would move to that point at it's first depression and the actual start on it's second depression.

I realise that the cursor can be selected and dragged but this is a bit fiddly and not very accurate.

Regards

John

EDIT I HOUR LATER

Just realized that the slider in the Properties Box does what I'm after.

Sorry folks!!!

John

John,

Please look at the attached screenshot.

==================

Igor,

I made a suggestion in another another very recent posting with a similar request, but got no response. It was not intuitive on how to move the red line back to the beginning of the audio clip. I finally figured it out but my suggestion was to put a 'handle' on the red line. Wouldn't this help make to more obvious and easier to move the red line?

My other confusion with the audio clip has to do with the very end of the graphic, which I have posted but got no response yet: If I expand the waveform and look at the very end of it, I see that there is a very small gray section at the end of the audio clip. When I play the audio clip and watch how the thin red line moves, it stops just before this gray section while it is still in the 'white' section. Then, if I hit the play again, the thin red line moves to the right to the beginning of the gray section.

Why does the thin red line stop before end of the 'white' portion actually ends? And why is there any 'gray' section at the end of the audio clip? I see this happening in two different audio clips I have. Image is attached.

Thanks... Gary

audio clip.doc

Gary,

Thanks,

I'm not sure we should change mouse curse for red line. You can click and drag this red line from any place of the top part of the timeline. So should we highlight by mouse cursor only particular read line position?

Regarding second problem. We've fixed one bug which could affect to this problem. But please could you send me source files of this project?

Gary,

Thanks,

I'm not sure we should change mouse curse for red line. You can click and drag this red line from any place of the top part of the timeline. So should we highlight by mouse cursor only particular read line position?

Regarding second problem. We've fixed one bug which could affect to this problem. But please could you send me source files of this project?

======================

Igor,

It took me quite a while before I figured out where and how to click on the red line (in the yellow space) to be able to move it, especially when it was at the far left or the far right. Now, I get it. But my suggestion was to put one of those little 'handles' (in red color) that you have placed on the other lines, such as the Fade In line, to make it more obvious and easier to click on.

I put the source files on Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4voacmnnpfkdxmq/Kayaking The Soca_Jul20-2010_10-07-31.zip

Gary

Igor,

I am spending a bit of time trying to get to grips with the music options which I must say are very impressive.

I know that there will be further enhancements in later editions which may impact to a greater or lesser degree on the present methodology. I feel that I would like to understand the present arrangement in as much detail as I can in order to use it to its full.

I have spent some time trying to get to grips with the Music Tab in Project Options. I notice that there would appear to be some discrepancy between the times displayed for clips and tracks as they are shown in the Music Tab as compared to the Properties Tab. It appears that the Music Tab does not round up or down consistently resulting in conflicting times being displayed in certain situations. If this could be addressed I believe it could erase a possible area for confusion.

Regards

John

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 13 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-12) in a floating window with properties of an audio clip. Changing of the Start time didn't affect to the Duration parameter below.

* Fixed visual bug (Beta 12) with Mask object which has 32-bit image mask with alpha channel.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-12) with a floating waveform window. Duration value could be on 10-30 ms less than real duration of an audio file.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 13 is available

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-12) with a floating waveform window. Duration value could be on 10-30 ms less than real duration of an audio file.

========

Igor,

I notice a little thing that still has to do with that thin red line in the floating waveform. When you have played the audio and the red line is completely at the end of the waveform, and then you stretch the waveform to the max, the red line is not visible on the far right end. If you already know how to find it, it might not be a big deal. But it might cause concern for those who are just starting to use it, and wonder where it went to. This is another reason for putting a red handle on the red line. It would really make it easier to find...and move.

Thanks... Gary

Hello,

I'm a new user of PTE. I'm working with the beta12.

I find this soft very powerful and I'm far away from using all functionalities but there is something strange

with the synchronisation of audio and pictures (or maybe I miss something in the options?) in the following cases:

When you start a preview from the current view at an offset of 5 minutes for example, the audio starts from the beginning of the first track

(taking account the offset of this first track.

When you run the .exe and when you do a pause or a forward or a backward, the audio tracks continue without doing a pause or a forward or a backward.

The beta 13 seems to behave the same.

Regards

Bruno

Bruno,

Welcome to PTE and the PTE forum.

In Project Options|Main do you have "Synchronize music and slides" ticked? Did you add the music via Project Options|Music? Have you downloaded and read the User Manual? Have you read the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the forum? http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10505

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for your fast answer,

You're right, the "Synchronize music and slides" was unticked.

I've downloaded the User Manual But I misunderstanded the role of this option.

I re-read the FAQ, this functionnality is clear now (I hope so).

regards

Bruno

Bruno,

Welcome to PTE and the PTE forum.

In Project Options|Main do you have "Synchronize music and slides" ticked? Did you add the music via Project Options|Music? Have you downloaded and read the User Manual? Have you read the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the forum? http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10505

regards,

Peter

Bonjour,

Oui je suis français.

Je démarre avec un diaporama de 150 photos et 10 pistes audio.

Je suis donc pas mal occupé et j'ai raté le sens de cette fonction.

(je n'avais pas eu le problème avec la version 6.0 et une piste audio, l'option devait être cochée)

Désolé pour avoir encombré le post des version Beta.

Cordialement

Bruno

Bruno,

Tu parles français ??

Brunos' reply to Aginum in Belgium,

(In English)

Yes I am French....

I start with a slideshow of 150 photographs and 10 audio tracks.

I was quite busy and missed the meaning of this function:-"Synchronize music and slides" was unticked.

I had not had the problem with version 6.0 with an audio track ~ the option (above) should be ticked.

(Refering to the new Beta program)

Sorry to have encumbered the Beta Post.

Cordially

Bruno.

Bruno, I hope this translation helps...

Brian (Conflow)

Brian,

Thanks a lot for the translation.

Regards

Bruno

Brunos' reply to Aginum in Belgium,

(In English)

Yes I am French....

I start with a slideshow of 150 photographs and 10 audio tracks.

I was quite busy and missed the meaning of this function:-"Synchronize music and slides" was unticked.

I had not had the problem with version 6.0 with an audio track ~ the option (above) should be ticked.

(Refering to the new Beta program)

Sorry to have encumbered the Beta Post.

Cordially

Bruno.

Bruno, I hope this translation helps...

Brian (Conflow)

Bruno

yahoo as a translator site at

http://ca.babelfish.yahoo.com/

if tou cannot acces the page do a search for

babelfish

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&q=babelfish&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fdfdf1269e221d5e

i just translated a whole web page for a friend - English to French using the yahoo site

ken

1) Audio editing - First of all, thank you Igor and PTE team for the great improvement in audio editing, our members were very keen to be able to modify sound level. We will wait for next step with the possibility to do the same simultaneously on both sound tracks (background and comments) over a common timeline with slides.

2) No Exif comments - One of our members reported a problem when selecting the Project options/ Comments "Insert template" Jpeg Exif Description and Jpeg Exif Comments, no problem with Exif description but the Jpeg Exif Comments did not appear during the slideshow. She uses different Exif editor softwares but the result was the same. Is there a problem with PTE or with the Exif Editor ? and in this case which one should we use? (was tested with 6.5 beta 10 / XP)

3) Picture size error -

One of our members made a slideshow with animated slides (you will find it, here attached, I have just replaced her pictures by colored ones without other modifications).

She selected Project Options/ Screen/ virtual size of slide = 1280x853, the main slide was also 1280x853 but the others 9 (which should cover the main slide at the end of the animation) where 1920x1280. The color outside slide area is "white" and the background is a "black" solid color.

Then the error of picture size can be seen : during the animation, the slideshow let appear a lane of pixels along the border with the white color and, at the end of the animation, a red line can be seen between the small 9 pictures.

This problem is not a new one , it has been raised several times by JPD.

File test available here

Best regards

Daniel.

Igor,

I have been spending some time exploring the new audio facilities and have the following observation to make which perhaps you would like to comment on.

My observation is to do with the display of the time of a clip in the Audio Clip Properties dialogue box, the Project Options dialogue box and in the clip waveform.

I note that when initially opening a fresh clip of a size equal to or greater than say 17 seconds (e.g. 0:17:001 or 0:17:999) it is displayed as 0:17 in the Project Options dialogue box, yet its actual time is displayed in the Duration location of the Audio Clip Properties dialogue box. Would it not be less confusing if the milliseconds were displayed at both locations? 999 milliseconds is quite a large discrepancy.

Still on this theme, do you think that it would be useful if the actual (original) length of the clip were retained as a displayed piece of data in the Audio Clip Properties Dialogue? As you know the original Duration data changes when either it or the Start time is altered and the only way of telling its approximate original length is by referring to the Waveform Envelope Tool box.

These are just observations that I have found to have been confusing as I try to understand the process. I hope they are of interest and value.

Regards

John