WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

John,

Thanks, we'll display original audio clip duration (e.g. 4:17.356).

Daniel,

2) Thank you, I've recieved you JPEG file with EXIF data. We'll try fix this issue.

3) I think the problem in slide size. The height of the slide 853 pixels and you have 9 pieces (sub-images). So one piece has height 284,33333... which leads to this problem. Try slide height as 852 pixels (852 / 3 = 284.0). Same problem with slide width (1280 / 3 = 426,6666666...)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 14 is available

It's Release Candidate.

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ The floating window with proporties of an audio clip displays original duration now.

* Various improvements in audio editing.

* Fixed issue with reading of Comment field from EXIF date in some JPEG images.

Daniel,

3) I think the problem in slide size. The height of the slide 853 pixels and you have 9 pieces (sub-images). So one piece has height 284,33333... which leads to this problem. Try slide height as 852 pixels (852 / 3 = 284.0). Same problem with slide width (1280 / 3 = 426,6666666...)

Yes Igor, obviously I agree that could help to use a number of pixels which can be divided by 3 but that requires to resize all the pictures and it seems that does not completely solve the problem :

even if I resize all the pictures at 1920x1278 and 1278x852, I can see an error (test2) which appears at the top and bottom line of my PC screen (1600x900).

I made another test (test3) using a frame as a parent for all the pictures left in their original size (1920x1280 and 1280x853), and in this case the only error which I can see on my PC is a black border line (background) on the sides which is strange as the background color should only cover the specified screen format (1280x853) and in this case should be entirely covered by the pictures and should not be visible at all.

Best regards.

Test files :

- test 2

- test 3

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 14 is available

===================

Igor,

I just installed Beta 14. I don't know if this is just a quirk that just happened to me or it might be a little bug, but let me explain.

I went to change the Directory to choose the files from a different Drive. I kept trying the One Level Up but I could not find the listing for the Drives (C:\, etc.). Then I happened to move my mouse just to the left of the One Level Up icon (and just to the right of the vertical separator line), and a little gray window appeared with nothing in it until I clicked on it and then the Drives drop-down listing became visible. Initially, that Drive window did not show up until I happened to move my mouse over it. I can not repeat this problem because now the Drive drop-down icon shows up as it should.

I am using Windows 7. Maybe it was just me, but maybe not?

Gary

Gary,

Try altering the width of the file list by dragging the bar between file list and mini-viewer until you can see all of the icons?

DG

====================

Dave,

I had tried that because I had a problem before when the bar was moved too far to the left and it was hiding the Drive list, but Igor fixed that some time ago. I tried moving the bar to the right but it did not make the Drive drop-down list appear. It only appeared after I just happened to move my mouse over that area and then it showed up. You can now move the bar all the way to the left as far as it will go and you will still get the Drive drop-down window (after it showed up). So Igor did a good fix, but the Drive drop-down menu was not there after I first installed the Beta 14.

Gary

The installation is STILL looking to my BETA 9 installation for authentication even though I have Betas 10,11,12 and 13 installed - is this a problem?

Dave,

Think "collating sequence". Beta10 comes after Beta1 and before Beta2. Beta9 IS the highest Beta value given the way of expression things that has been used.

It is a bug in that these should have been "Beta 9", Beta 10", etc. The embedded space would have corrected the perceived problem.

regards,

Peter

PTE Beta 14

I noticed today that if you go into the light box while the slides are shown as thumbnails it is easy to copy and paste an image. However, if you move into the light box from the time line you can't. It threw me for a minute as I could not quite understand why Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V worked one minute and not the next.

Is that supposed to be the case?

Plausible Peter,

I didn't even notice that the space was missing. 'Twould also have worked if the Betas had been called Beta01, Beta02 etc.

I am about to delete Betas 1 to 9 anyway, so if there is a further Beta we'll see what happens.

Thanks,

DG

I am about to delete Betas 1 to 9 anyway, so if there is a further Beta we'll see what happens.

Dave,

I've just deleted betas 1-9 and then downloaded beta 14 and installed it. The version it offered me to base itself on was beta 13.

However, it then proceeded to open a sequence which was not the last sequence worked on in beta 13. So all is still not as one might expect.

regards,

Peter

Further to my last post, I have found another small bug in this area of copying forward settings from the previous version.

I had set up beta 13 to use a template file called "My Template" as the default for all new projects. When I checked beta 14 immediately after doing the install based on beta 13, I found that the My Template file was recognised but that the tick box to make it my default template was still unticked.

This now leaves me wondering whether any of the function to copy settings during install is actually working at all.

regards,

Peter

Plausible Peter,

I didn't even notice that the space was missing. 'Twould also have worked if the Betas had been called Beta01, Beta02 etc.

Thanks,

DG

Hi,

When the window pops up to show you which beta to base settings on, there is actually a drop-down triangle to click on which allows you to choose any one of your previously installed betas, so you would have seen beta 10, beta 11 etc listed. Hope this helps.

Regards,

wideangle

Dave,

The installation is STILL looking to my BETA 9 installation for authentication even though I have Betas 10,11,12 and 13 installed - is this a problem?

Sorry, we will fix it in Beta 15.

Gary,

I just installed Beta 14. I don't know if this is just a quirk that just happened to me or it might be a little bug, but let me explain.

I went to change the Directory to choose the files from a different Drive. I kept trying the One Level Up but I could not find the listing for the Drives (C:\, etc.). Then I happened to move my mouse just to the left of the One Level Up icon (and just to the right of the vertical separator line), and a little gray window appeared with nothing in it until I clicked on it and then the Drives drop-down listing became visible. Initially, that Drive window did not show up until I happened to move my mouse over it. I can not repeat this problem because now the Drive drop-down icon shows up as it should.

I am using Windows 7. Maybe it was just me, but maybe not?

You're right. I'll fix it in Beta 15. Thanks!

Barry,

PTE Beta 14

I noticed today that if you go into the light box while the slides are shown as thumbnails it is easy to copy and paste an image. However, if you move into the light box from the time line you can't. It threw me for a minute as I could not quite understand why Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V worked one minute and not the next.

Is that supposed to be the case?

It's an old issue. Thank you, I'll try rework it in the nearest beta.

Peter,

Further to my last post, I have found another small bug in this area of copying forward settings from the previous version.

I had set up beta 13 to use a template file called "My Template" as the default for all new projects. When I checked beta 14 immediately after doing the install based on beta 13, I found that the My Template file was recognised but that the tick box to make it my default template was still unticked.

This now leaves me wondering whether any of the function to copy settings during install is actually working at all.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this issue. On my PC a new beta imports successfull all settings, including default template for new projects.

Daniel,

I'll answer in the next reply.

Under the objects and animation, under the tab animation, "keyframes" are mentioned. In the help files there is talk about "keypoints" are they the same? And if so could they be called with one name for consistency.

Thanks,

Bert

We have and old translation file for Swidish language in PicturesToExe. It was not updated since version 5.1. So I've turned off support of it. You can find _Swedish.ini file in the main folder of PicturesToExe and rename to English.ini.

Igor,

I notice that when adjusting Duration in the Audio Clip Properties dialogue box any increase or decrease in time is reflected in the main PTE waveform graphic. However, in the Clip Waveform any decrease is illustrated by shading but any increase (to form silence at the end of a clip) is not illustrated in this waveform. Is there a reason for this?

John

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15 is available

It's Release Candidate.

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Visual improvements in the main window of VideoBuilder.

* Fixed issue (Beta 1-14) with the drive button in the main window of PicturesToExe on the toolbar.

* Improved import of settings from previous versions when you install a new version.

* Fixed old bug (all versions) when Copy/Paste for slides didn't work in the fullscreen view of Slide list (Lightbox) called from the timeline mode.

John,

Please make a screenshot to illustrate that issue.

Igor,

I'm still not convinced that PTE is picking up settings from previous version correctly. I've just installed beta 15. During install I told it to take the settings from beta 13. The last project that I opened in beta 13 was called AHL-Plantation. The first project that beta 15 tried to open was called "Snakestones 2v8".

Also, in beta 13, File...Templates...Manage Templates has Default template for new projects ticked. After installing as described, in beta 15 this box is unticked.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Can I ask you help me investigate this issue, please?

1) Uninstall Beta 15.

2) Install it again and import settings as you did before (from Beta 13).

3) Beta 15 will be started. Please don't close it.

4) In Windows Explorer try to find apr.ini file on a drive where Windows is installed. You should discover several copies of this file in different folders (NOT in Program Files). On my Windows XP they are here - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 15\

5) Please send me two apr.ini files from "6.5 Beta 13" and "6.5 Beta 15" folders.

Igor,

I'll be pleased to help diagnose the problem. I haven't followed your instructions yet but I have run a Windows Search for apr.ini files. Can you confirm the identify of the folders that you want me to look in from the attached screenshot?

regards

Peter

post-4886-023487800 1280593975_thumb.jpg