WnSoft Forums

Burn a DVD with copy protection

ale53

Hallo everybody, (I write from Italy)

Is it possible to create a DVD with copy ptotection with Video Builder or PTE (of course a slideshow create wih PTE).

If yes, please can you explain me the procedure?

Thancks in advance and excuse my bad English.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hallo everybody, (I write from Italy)

Is it possible to create a DVD with copy ptotection with Video Builder or PTE (of course a slideshow create wih PTE).

If yes, please can you explain me the procedure?

Thancks in advance and excuse my bad English.

Bon Journo Ale

There are various options to protect an exe file, I don't think there is any way you can prevent copying a DVD made from PTE's video Builder.

For an exe file go to the project options button before creating the EXE file, click the advanced tab, there are various options to tick at the bottom of the page. I have never used any of them, so beware what results you may get. If you then click the MORE tab, there are various things on there relating to your requirements, again I haven't used any of the so beware the results. I suggesr you download a copy of the manual and search on there. Hope this helps.

Yachtsman1.

It is possible but it is very, very expensive. Unless you are producing many (like hundreds of thousands) copies of the same DVD the cost is not worth it. To do it you would need software that can insert the copy protection information (e.g. http://www.rovicorp.com/products/content_producers/11239.htm) into the mpeg files a way that a DVD pressing company can produce the final product.

Ray