WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5

Igor

AbdolReza,

Please could you tell why you set 13 hour's time interval between slides? You can simply use "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide" option, if I understand rightly your purpose. And adjust "Time range" parameters for objects to recover old values.

In fact I want to make a type of software that with clicking on the hyperlink slideshow go to slide number without need to pressing keyboard or mouse key,I want my project seems like a software that the slide dont change even with mouse key or keyboard only by clicking hyperlink :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AbdolReza,

But you have to use the mouse to click on the hyperlink, so why not do things the simpler way - a manually controlled mouse driven sequence?

regards,

Peter

Would you give more explanation? I didnt findout your mean.

AbdolReza,

1) Just turn on "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide" option (Project options | Main tab).

2) Decrease time intervals between slides. You can set any value, because with the option described above, an each slide will stay on the screen until you click the button or the hyperlink to go next/previous slide.

Igor,

I agree that AbdolReza's long slide times were very unusual, but these were not the root cause of his text problems. I have modified his project by ticking "Wait for ...", assigning the mouse buttons the Next and Previous Slide actions and setting all slides to 4 seconds. The text still does not appear.

I think nobeefstu may have identified the root cause of the text problem (see his post #22 above): mixing Unicode and ANSI character sets in the same string.

regards,

Peter

AbdolReza,

To create a slide show that can be manually controlled (one where the user decides when to move to the next slide) you need to have these settings:

- Project Options| Main - "Wait for a key press or mouse click" must be ticked

- Project Options| Main - "Time interval for new slides" can be any low value, for example 1 second

- Project Options| Advanced - set the two mouse buttons to have the actions "Next Slide" and "Previous Slide" (this allows the user control to move forwards and backwards through the slides)

Try these settings on your sequence. They do not solve the text problem but this is a much simpler way of creating a show that can be controlled by the user.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I agree that AbdolReza's long slide times were very unusual, but these were not the root cause of his text problems. I have modified his project by ticking "Wait for ...", assigning the mouse buttons the Next and Previous Slide actions and setting all slides to 4 seconds. The text still does not appear.

It's also necessary to recover "Time range" values for the text object (Commmon tab of the Text object in the Objects and animation editor).

I think nobeefstu may have identified the root cause of the text problem (see his post #22 above): mixing Unicode and ANSI character sets in the same string.

Indeed .pte project file stores text in 8-bit Unicode format. And executable slideshow also has project data in Unicode format to correctly display textes on different languages in different countries.

But when we load a project to the main program of PicturesToExe it converts text from Unicode to ANSI format. Because we have much of legacy code which supports only ANSI. This conversion works correctly if I load a project with French text in France, or Russian text in Russia (more exactly French or Russian locale in settings of Windows).

I can't edit text with French symbols on my PC in Russia in PicturesToExe. But if somebody will send me produced EXE file with a slideshow I can see French text without any problem.

Let's illustrate it:

Project file (Unicode) -> Loaded project to PicturesToExe (converted to ANSI) -> Saved to project file (converted to Unicode) -> Created EXE file for PC or Mac (converted to Unicode).

One day we will implement full support of Unicode to the main program of PicturesToExe.

AbdolReza,

1) Just turn on "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide" option (Project options | Main tab).

2) Decrease time intervals between slides. You can set any value, because with the option described above, an each slide will stay on the screen until you click the button or the hyperlink to go next/previous slide.

I know what your mean But I want Main page in my project to be fixed and immobile until the hyperlinks in the main page have opportunity to be seen and pressing for making decision also the next slides to be fixed and immovable but the option of "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide" can't prevent moving slides so I forced to select Time interval for new slides for final seconds that is 5000s . Igor if you could make a option for fixing slides specially for the main page of project.exe is be very good.

Regards

AbdolReza,

I have modifed your project file with the values ....

regards,

Peter

Thank you very much dear peter but my mean was another thing , I want main page or page 1 in

my project can fixed and immovable until clicking on hyperlinks on this page also controlling the other slides work with clicking on hyperlinks on page 1 not clicking mouse keys or keyboard key exactly like a software !

anyway thank you

Goodnight peter

AbdolReza,

my project can fixed and immovable until clicking on hyperlinks on this page also controlling the other slides work with clicking on hyperlinks on page 1 not clicking mouse keys or keyboard key exactly like a software !

Peter's sample could work exactly like you want ... you need only set both Mouse buttons to None.

Also disable use of the Keyboard so users cannot advance.

You need only apply the correct settings to achieve the result you specified.

Igor

I am noticing a subtle difference in the faded transitions on a slide show demo I have just made with version 6.5. It seems to me that when the fade starts, there is a momentary jump as though the fade is starting fast and then the fade returns to normal speed. I thought it was my eyes letting me down at first, but I am sure there is something not quite right. The demo I am making is of a show I have made before so I am used to seeing these images with this music. Of course the content of an image will make a fade look a little different at times, but I wasn't happy with the fades.

I tried a reboot of the PC and I see the same thing in both a PTE preview or via the exe. I saved the files to zip and brought it up on another completely different PC (my new 64 bit machine) and I notice the same problem there.

As best I could, I then recreated the slide show using PTE 6 with all the images in the same order and I CANNOT now see the fault. Obviousy I couldnt make an exact copy of the show in PTE6 because I used the sound editing of 6.5

I have placed the zip file on my web site at http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/ptetest.zip

NB Can I remind anyone who downloads this that the music is copyright and should not be used.

Barry,

Yes, I see slight jumps at the beginning of Fade In/Out effect in your sample show. But same in versions 6.5 and 6.0.

The reason in fact that you have disabled "Hardware acceleration" option in the Screen tab of the Project options. Without support of a video card we can't guarantee smooth transitions. Please turn on again this option and Fade In/Out effect will be smooth as silk.

Igor

I feel like a Jackass, the disablement of the acceleration was done accidently and as I never turn it off, I never thought to look for that. I am releaved in some way as I thought I had found a a problem in 6.5

Do you have a padlock so I can lock that little box shut :-)

• 2 weeks later...

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.1 is available now

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip (7 MB)

Changes in version 6.5.1

* Fixed visual bug (v6.5.0) with drag'n'drop of several selected objects in the Objects and animation editor.

* Fixed issue (v6.5.0) with audio clips in produced H.264 MP4 video files (including uploads for YouTube). The program has truncated last half of second of an audio clip.

* Fixed issue of (v6.5.0) when the main timeline couldn't display a waveform.

+ Updated support of Italian language.

• 4 weeks later...

You would only need to pay again if you need to renew a VIDEOBUILDER license.

Your basic PTE license is for life.

The AUDIO facilities in V6.5.2 are for basic editing of MP3 tracks and allows you to adjust Start Time, Duration Fade In, Fade Out etc for individual tracks in a mix as well as control the overall volume.

For most the facilities are adequate, but it is obviously not as versatile as Audacity, Audition, Soundbooth etc.

Since it will cost you absolutely nothing to upgrade to V6.5.2 you might as well go ahead and try out these facilities for yourself. Much has been written about the Audio Facilities and a quick search will reveal much more.

This thread might be of help:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12212&st=0&p=78558&hl=audio&fromsearch=1entry78558

DG

SEE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12402&pid=79953&st=0entry79953

Mac version

Igor also spoke briefly about the Mac version. It is coming along but the scale of the project is very large for such a small company. Their desire is to have just one set of source code that is common to both the Windows version and the Mac version. To make this possible they have had to learn a new programming language and are having to totally re-write all of PTE in this new language. Another major challenge for the team! The native Mac version will not be part of PTE v7.0.

in future please post MAC questions in the MAC section

tia

ken

SEE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12402&pid=79953&st=0entry79953

Mac version

Igor also spoke briefly about the Mac version. It is coming along but the scale of the project is very large for such a small company. Their desire is to have just one set of source code that is common to both the Windows version and the Mac version. To make this possible they have had to learn a new programming language and are having to totally re-write all of PTE in this new language. Another major challenge for the team! The native Mac version will not be part of PTE v7.0.

in future please post MAC questions in the MAC section

tia

ken

Thank you Ken for pointing this out. Needless to say I am delighted for all the Windows users. As I have previously mentioned I am stunned by the professional quality of this product and thereby disappointed that having been promised an Autumn release that it is not forthcoming. Regarding the posting, I thought I was simply adding to the above strand of discussions. However, I take note of your warning.

Kind regards from Kent, UK

Harri

if you knew what we went thru to get a MAC section, for the MAC user questions, you would understand my request -- NOT a warning B)

Prior the the MAC section, Mac questions were scattered all over -- another challenge was getting the section for ideas for next beta -- we still get ideas mixed in with a thread -- not much chance to get your idea noticed if it is mixed in with a very long thread

ken

A Bug or my system?

Can someone confirm this please using 6.5.2

Add three images to the slide list in the usual way, lets say you have three images 001.jpg, 002.jpg and 003.jpeg

Highlight slide 002 and using the option "Change Image File" swap 002 for 001

So in the slide list we now have 001, 001, 003

Highlight the 001 you changed (previously 002) and go into the O&A screen

On my PC the images display as the correct image, ie 001 is seen but the name in the Object box shows the original name 002

Is this a problem on my PC or a bug