WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5

Igor

Barry,

Neither! Its the way PTE works. In order to get the name to change in the Object list in the O&A window you have to replace the image file via the Properties tab in O&A window. If this behaviour is different to previous versions of PTE I guess it is as a consequence of being able to assign names to slide for use by the "Go to Slide <name>" action.

regards,

Peter

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you davegee for your reply.

I have tried to download 6.5 from the link in message no. 43 but nothing happened.Can anyone please advise me how to get it?

I am very much a beginner to AV

Regards

If you cannot get the link to work by clicking it ... try right-clicking it and select Save Target As

V6.5.2 also available at WnSoft home site

http://www.wnsoft.com

Peter

Neither! Its the way PTE works. In order to get the name to change in the Object list in the O&A window you have to replace the image file via the Properties tab in O&A window. If this behaviour is different to previous versions of PTE I guess it is as a consequence of being able to assign names to slide for use by the "Go to Slide <name>" action.

That does not appear to be right. However I replace a file the old name stays in the O&A screen and is very confusing. Use the O&A or the main screen.

Thanks nobeefstu for your reply

When I tried your sggestion to right click on the link I got a page that said my 45 day trial had expired.When I tried the main website all I could see was an invitation to a trial period.

When I bought 5.5 it was a download and I do not have a disc - how does the system know I am a paid up customer?

Thanks again

Canico,

When you click on the link in #43 it will give a "Download or Open" box in which you choose to DOWNLOAD.

When you get it on your computer, unzip the file and double-click on the executable to install.

If your existing 5.5 is a fully working version i.e. registered, the new version will recognise this and install without asking for a reg key. You are installing on the same machine as the machine with 5.5 on?

I am guessing that you have never upgraded to VIDEOBUILDER so that part of the 6.5 version will not work but the basic version will.

post-2488-002106400 1285598092_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.3 is available now

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip (8 MB)

Changes in version 6.5.3

+ Fixed issue (v6.5.0-v6.5.2) with incorrect adding of animated GIF images in the Objects and animation editor in some cases.

+ Fixed visual bug in the Objects and animation editor when slide has tiled background picture and Mask object(s).

+ Minor improvements in the Objects and animation editor.

+ Fixed issue (v6.5.0-v6.5.2) with quality of preview of large images choosed in the File list.

+ Updated language files.

YOU SHOULD TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THE NEW VERSION FOR 48 HOURS AFTER DOWNLOADING!

AFTER SPENDING ALL DAY YESTERDAY PREPARING SLIDES I AM UNABLE TO GIVE MY PRESENTATION THIS MORNING TO MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE.

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2004 AND AM NOT HAPPY.

I WAITED ON HOLD FOR ONE HOUR TO TALK TO SUPERVISOR AT DIGITAL RIVER.

I can understand your concern, but could you please tell me/us why you HAD to download a new version (and get a new registration key) for W7/64?

If you have been a user since 2004, your old reg key will still work and is transferrable to a new machine.

DG

• 3 weeks later...

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.4 is available now

Download link:

Changes in version 6.5.4

* Fixed issue (v4.1.x-v6.5.3) with duration of some MP3 audio files. Playback stopped earlier on several seconds.

* Fixed issue (v6.5.0-v.6.5.3) with incorrect visual size of a picture in fullscreen preview for a selected image in the File list.

* Fixed rare problem (v6.0.0-v6.5.3) with freezing of the program when user tries to create executable file for PC.

Hi all,

I don't automatically migrate to the latest version but if it will do the trick, then I will do so now.

I am using 6.5.beta 14. Some time ago I turned auto save OFF. Now trying to turn it ON (auto save every 1 minutes), the 'tick' mark does not come on and there does not seem to be an auto save copy in the project folder.

Your help will be appreciated,

Regards, Jeff

Jeff,

As I understand "Auto-Save", it doesn't save a special copy; it simply overwrites your existing project file. This means that, with Auto-Save turned on, there is no way to get back to the start of the current session once the first auto-save has happened. For that reason I leave it turned off. And because you get the pop-up window in which to set your time interval for saves, it doesn't seem to put a tick beside the entry in the View command menu. You have to drill in to the next level to see if the tick box is on or off.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Because the PTE file is (usually) so small it might be a good idea to save a new version each time that a new session (on the same project) is started appending a-z etc.

That way (using Auto Save) the user would end up with a way back to the beginning of the project (if necessary) or at least to a previous version.

It takes a bit of discipline but it would work.

DG

Dave,

I do apply my own "version control" to all my important files. It comes naturally to me having been a Quality Systems Auditor during my working life. Versioning was at the heart of Document Control in all Quality Systems.

regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.5 is available now

Download link:

Changes in this version

* Fixed problem (5.5 to 6.5.4) with freezing of the main program of PicturesToExe under Windows 7 with Aero Glass user inteface on some PCs with quad-core CPUs.

* Minor change in German language file.