WnSoft Forums

Help in Using a flip Animation.

technojeff

I am a newbie, and so I am currently running trials to see what I can achieve with the various animation functions. I have been working with the flip and am trying to get picture A to flip to Picture B without flipping the background. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial which may help me with this?

My overall goal is to reduce an image to quarter screen size, flip it over them move it to the side with picture B showing before a final fade.

Hi Jeff,

You can certainly do this with PTE as Peter as illustrated and so kindly provided a template for. Actually, you don't want to use the flip transition at all, but rather take advantage of the "child" relationship and the fact that you can easily see either side of an image as if it were a transparency.

If you begin with two images - let's call them image "A" and image "B" - then make image "B" a child of image "A", you can then use the 3D transform function to perform the "Flip" with.

Go to Objects and Animations and choose the Animations tab. Select image "A" and click on 3D Parameters. Put a check beside "Show Front Side" and uncheck the other two choices. Next select image "B" and do likewise. Check "Show Front Side" and uncheck the other two choices.

Now select Image "A" and use the timeline and keyframes to perform the flip by changing the Rotate X and Rotate Y parameters over time as desired. This will essentially allow you to see the front of both images as if you had pasted two prints back to back and any rotation or zoom or movement applied to Image "A" will pull image "B" along in the proper orientation.

Best regards,

Lin

I am a newbie, and so I am currently running trials to see what I can achieve with the various animation functions. I have been working with the flip and am trying to get picture A to flip to Picture B without flipping the background. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial which may help me with this?

My overall goal is to reduce an image to quarter screen size, flip it over them move it to the side with picture B showing before a final fade.