WnSoft Forums

Use of Forum-'View New Content'?

goddi

Greetings,

For some time now, I have been using the Forums 'View New Content' to pull up the posting since my last visit to the Forum. It is really a great way to be able to see only what the new postings are and it normally works great in showing me only what has been posting since my last visit.

However, more recently, it has not been consistent. My 'Settings' in the Forum has the 'Show me all new content since my last visit' checked. But, like today, even though I have read all the latest postings, and close the site, and then come back, it shows all the same postings that I had just read. What constitutes a 'last visit'? Is there a way to force a 'last visit' or what makes it clear the already-read-postings?

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

I'd noticed this behaviour, too. I think it has been like this since the last software upgrade. My experience is that you can get it to recognise that you have read everything by clicking on the link for "(Mark all items as read)" or words to that effect that you find over to the right and below the "View New Content" link.

regards,

Peter

Gary,

I'd noticed this behaviour, too. I think it has been like this since the last software upgrade. My experience is that you can get it to recognise that you have read everything by clicking on the link for "(Mark all items as read)" or words to that effect that you find over to the right and below the "View New Content" link.

regards,

Peter

==================

Peter...

Yes, I just discovered that button. And it worked. Before, however, it was not needed. But nice to hear it is not my PC doing bad things.... :rolleyes:

Hope it gets fixed.

Thanks... Gary

I use this about three times a day on two different PCs and I find it invaluable and I find it is about 95% accurate, in fact the Wnsoft forums have earned a permanant homepage position over the past month.

As I am watching and learning, it gives me a whole new set of ideas to go and test. I will get my first slide show done, I have promised myself I must do it!

Jeff