WnSoft Forums

page curl

BootZilla

PTE "page curl"

Hi guys -

I've built several "photo album" slide shows over the past few months. But I have learned recently that this type of album I'm recreating is physically not all that popular in the real world. What's popular now, in my part of the world, are albums that are more like "coffee table" photo books.

The main difference is: the old style wedding albums have thick stiff pages whereas the newer style albums have thin pages which curl or bend when you turn them. This is what I want to recreate. I know we can curl the background layer in PTE transistions, I want to be able to curl each page in the "objects and animation" section of PTE. Can this be done? what is involved for this to programmed?

Greg Gordon

Hello Greg,

A few years ago I created an 'Album Slide Show' from a template made by The Dom (a fellow forum member) and I think that this might be something like what you are looking for. I have uploaded the slide show to Mediafire for anyone to look at. Here is the link: Click Here

If it is what you think you can use, I will send you pdf tutorial, showing how to create your own album.

Regards,

Ron

Ron -

Thanks for the reply. This show is close to what I want to do. With help from the PDF I may be able to tweak it to achieve the outcome I'm looking for. I would want to have the center of the book in the center of the screen so that images can be placed on both sides of each page. I need to see both open faces at the same time. Did you notice how the shadows in the binding area of the pages change as more pages turn - neat touch.

So if you could forward me the PDF file, that will be great.

Thanks,

Greg

gr_gordon@shaw.ca

Hello Greg,

A few years ago I created an 'Album Slide Show' from a template made by The Dom (a fellow forum member) and I think that this might be something like what you are looking for. I have uploaded the slide show to Mediafire for anyone to look at. Here is the link: Click Here

If it is what you think you can use, I will send you pdf tutorial, showing how to create your own album.

Regards,

Ron

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ronnie

I loved your album and would very much like a pdf file of how to do it. A template could be very useful if you could tell me where to get it I would be very appreciative

I have spoken to you in the past with great success

Regards

Jean

Hi P&J

Not a good idea to put your email address on a public site. you can edit your post & remove it.

Yachtsman1.

Greg,

TheDom also has a very elegant template available for purchase which does pretty much what you are looking for and the price is reasonable. You can download a demo here: http://thedom.fr/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=54&view=view.download&catid=14&cid=215 and you can purchase the template here: http://thedom.fr/index.php?option=com_digistore&controller=digistoreProducts&task=view&pid=37&cid=1&Itemid=58

It might save you some time and at the very least would provide a good foundation to learn from and to create exactly what you are looking for.