WnSoft Forums

Copying Slides from Show a to Show b - SOLVED (again)!

davegee

If someone asked me how to do this I would answer that with two shows open during the whole process copying and pasting SLIDES was the way to do it.

With 6.5.x it now appears that the only way to do it is to copy the contents of a slide's O&A panel into the recipients show's O&A panel.

Trying to copy SLIDES results in the PASTE command being greyed out in the recipient show.

Have I missed something or is my memory wrong.......or is it a bug?

DG

If someone asked me how to do this I would answer that with two shows open during the whole process copying and pasting SLIDES was the way to do it.

With 6.5.x it now appears that the only way to do it is to copy the contents of a slide's O&A panel into the recipients show's O&A panel.

Trying to copy SLIDES results in the PASTE command being greyed out in the recipient show.

Have I missed something or is my memory wrong.......or is it a bug?

DG

=============

DG,

I just took a look at this and I had no problem copying slides from the Slide List from one show to another. I used Ctrl C and Ctrl V, and I tried the Paste in PTE's menu in the recipient show. No problem. I am using Ver. 6.5.3.

I opened the first show and did a Copy; closed it; opened the recipient show and did a Paste (not greyed out). All images showed up.

Gary

I've no problem too.

It's also possible to copy all the objet of a A&O window to a A&O window of another project, but the two views are to have the same caractéristics (duration specially). The advantage is that you can have the two projects open permanently.

Jean-Cyprien

DG

Dave,

Just to add my two cents ... you cannot have the two shows open during the process. You open one show, select and copy the slides, close that show, open the second show and paste (it is not necessary to close PTE down, only the individual show). I seem to remember that it might have worked with two shows (with two separate copies of PTE open at the same time back) back in some previous version, but this is no longer the case. Even if you only want a few non-contiguous slides from a different show, copy the whole string of them, paste in the new show and then delete the ones you don't want.

It still works in the latest version in the same way as it has done in previous versions.

Open the first show.

Highlight the slides you wish to copy.

Click on Slide -> Copy Slide.

Now open your second show and click in the slide window at the position where you want to insert the slides.

Go to Slide -> Paste Slide.

Voila!

(Right-clicking on the highlighted slides also gives y0u the option to copy etc)

Regards

wideangle

Just to reiterate ... It doesn't work if you have two separate copies of PTE open at that same time. In that case, the "paste" command will be greyed out in the first instance of PTE (as Dave originally pointed out). The copying and pasting must take place within the same single instance of PTE.

The HAWK method is still correct method ... it still uses only one session of PTE open or as Mary describes the same single instance. As Ralph has said ... use the File|Open from the menu.

* However, it was also possible to have 2 instances of PTE open (up till v6.04) ... to perform copy & paste operations. Having 2 instances of PTE opened at the same time and performing copy & paste operations can become resource intensive and create issues for some systems.

OK guys, my recollection was that you could open two shows and copy and paste between the shows.

I may have been wrong.

It is possible, as you say, to open a show and copy slide(s) and then open another show using File Open or File New and paste.

However, it is also possible to copy the contents of a slides O&A panel when the two shows/projects are open AT THE SAME TIME.

My feeling is that it was once possible to copy and paste slides between two shows open at the same time time. Since I do this very infrequently I can't remember when things changed (if they did).

Thanks,

DG

you used to be able to copy and paste from show to the other c/w the moves that were in the original

then you would change the path of the slides to replace the originals and maintain the fades etc in the new show

what you would end up with would be a show with new slides but the the same transitions as in the original show

ken

It is possible, as you say, to open a show and copy slide(s) and then open another show using File Open or File New and paste.

However, it is also possible to copy the contents of a slides O&A panel when the two shows/projects are open AT THE SAME TIME.

My feeling is that it was once possible to copy and paste slides between two shows open at the same time time....

In my experience (since v5), PTE has always used an internal clipboard for copying in the slide list view (not shared by two instances of PTE), while it has used the MS Windows clipboard for copying objects in PTE's O&A window. This seems to be the reason for the different behavior.

Regards,

Xaver