WnSoft Forums

Version 7.0. News of development

Igor

Thanks to all for your thoughts and comments!

Jose,

- Video files format accepted?

At least all main formats.

- Maximum length, if any?

The limitation only with final size of EXE file (4 GB). But we're considering a variant to put video file near to EXE file (like folder of Mac slideshow)

- Maximum video/audio bitrate?

I think any reasonable values.

- Variable opacity (video over a slide, fade-in/fade-out over slides on the back, etc.)?

Video is object of slide. So you can apply any usual effects and transformations (3D, Masks, Pan/Zoom/Rotate, Opacity, Start time, Duration, Shadow, etc.)

- Text over video?

Yes, as another object over video object.

- Mask effect (video inside a mask)?

Yes, of course.

- Border for video is possible?

Thanks for good idea! Why not?

- Creating a final MP4 HD file of finished project, no problem with such mix (slides/video)?

Yes, no problem.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Igor, for your informations.

By the way, please, "don't forget" to include in your next PTE 7.0 version the option "mask inside" / "mask outside", I mean, as discussed before in this forum, the option to mask an object inside the mask, or outside the mask, meaning "invert black and white fields".

I think this is a need, and I had already to create my own "inverted" masks in order to get the effect I want, despite loosing the "edge blur" effect which is an important loss.

Thanks.

Jose

White spaces things in his time and a time for everything, and be happy with what we proposed.

What progress by the team to Igor ..

BRAVO

Dear fellow Marcel Boi,

In case this is a comment/reply to my post to Igor (as I suppose), please translate "white spaces things" because I don't get it.

By the way, what did you propose? I couldn't find a bit in this thread.

Concerning my reaquest to Igor ("inverted mask option")... it's a "must", I would say, and I hope he will include it in next 7.0. Sorry to insist on this...

Best regards,

Jose

PS: I downloaded your "Clarence Diaporama". Congratulations, excellent photos, nice Park, nice music. Was it made with PTE?

Interesting comments ref the introduction of video. My own view is that its a brilliant step forward. Imagine next years Edinburgh Military Tattoo Album [yes I'm gonna bore you with another one]. Not just stills on the page but video clips and having the page turn with the video playing...awesome. I recently done a show for a friend who lost his wife 13 years ago. He has more video of her than pics, so using small segments in that show would have been invaluable. [barry, I think in those circumstances you'd agree that video would indeed enhance the show]. I also use PSProducer and there are some ' styles ' in it that I particularly like. Imagine being able to produce an MP4 from a psp show and ' cull ' small parts of it to drop into P2E.... best of both worlds....the possabilities are indeed endless. I'm going to have to dust off my video camera [my DSLR doesnt do video, but maybe santa will take note]and practise getting the video onto disc to pick out the best bits. I just cant wait for V7.

Andrew

2 of my grandkids just had birthday's -15 and 17- both got ipod touchs'

sending me movies of their exploits -yesterday's was a homemade chute pulling the 15 yr old on a snowboard - apparently one of them also has a helmut cam

i can imagine the snow/water skiing movies that will be coming

technolgy is great :)

ken

I think Lin was spot on with this comment:

"Right now - today - we can use the very fine audio capabilities of PTE and if they are not enough, we can always use freeware audio editors such as Audacity to achieve our goals. Might it be somewhat inconvenient? Of course. Are there areas where audio improvements will make PTE a much better product? Of course. But the bottom line is that today there is no viable work-around for video with PTE."

There are adequate means of achieving excellent sound tracks but including video is a missing piece. It seems to me obvious where the effort should be placed.

A full length HD film has been produced using a Canon 5DII and I have seen some excellent video clips produced with the same camera so suggestions that this is a rather useless addition are I think rather wide of the mark.

I would like to know if this development work is also being included in the development of the Mac version. All my photography is on my Mac and copying files to my PC to build slide shows really dampens my enthusiasm for the whole process.

Kind regards

Peter

The beauty of Igor's proposals are that the video will be able to be shown IN CONJUNCTION WITH 3D animation etc.

If you just want to show a video from your DSLR there are other ways of doing it - but to be able to combine it with a still image inside of a PTE show - that's something else!

DG

White spaces things in his time and a time for everything, and be happy with what we proposed.

What progress by the team to Igor ..

BRAVO

Dear fellow Marcel Boi,

In case this is a comment/reply to my post to Igor (as I suppose), please translate "white spaces things" because I don't get it.

I think that what appears in Celou's post is one of the numerous surprises we get with automatic translation! :lol:

His original sentence was most probably written in French (as Celou doesn't speak English) and then "translated" in this funny way by one of these miracle softwares...

I think that he wrote something like "Il y a un temps pour chaque chose et chaque chose en son temps, soyons heureux avec ce qui nous est proposé"

which I would translate as: "Everything has its own time, and there is a specific time for everything; let's be happy with what is proposed to us".

This is my understanding after long thoughts; I hope that I'm not too wrong...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At least two weeks before the first beta. We're testing PicturesToExe with a wide range of different video files now, writing convertor for simple video editing. Also we're finishing works for audio part of video playback. Another challenge is an exact audio synchronization between video and audio.

By the way, video files can added by two ways. As an object in the editor. And the file list in the main window displays pictures and video now. You can simple drag and drop video file into Slide list. The duration of this slide will be equal video clip's duration automatically. So the conception of "main image of slide" will be extended by "main video of slide". For video object it's possible to adjust border, canvas size, edge antialiasing.

Good news, thank you Igor ! 15 days countdown.....

Just one question, shouhd we have to convert our video clips to some mandatory formats or do you think that PTE will be able to insert all existing video/audio formats from HD digital camcorders or cameras.

Daniel

Daniel,

One correction - the first beta will arrive not earlier than in two weeks.

There will be one or several optimal formats of video files for best performance in executable show (EXE). If video in other format, PicturesToExe can convert video on the fly to optimal format for executable file (EXE).

But we will provide a direct support of wide range of different video formats.

• 1 month later...

Since Version 7.0 (Beta 2 or a little later) we'll introduce a new Navigation bar in slideshows. It includes:

Play/Pause button

Next/Previous slide buttons

Control for rewinding

Mute audio button

Audio volume control

Current time position

Duration of show