WnSoft Forums

Pause Show

dcbyrne

I have been a member of this forum since 2007 but have not used PTE at all. I have the latest version, I just have not used it. I have other slide show software that I use. I would like to now attempt a show using Pictures ToExe. My question is how do you pause, fast forward, or go back while watching a slide show. Is it not possible?

Douglas

I have been a member of this forum since 2007 but have not used PTE at all. I have the latest version, I just have not used it. I have other slide show software that I use. I would like to now attempt a show using Pictures ToExe. My question is how do you pause, fast forward, or go back while watching a slide show. Is it not possible?

Douglas

======================

Douglas,

If you are creating your own show, I find the best way to have these controls is to use the 'Navigation Bar' that you can add to your shows, which allows use of your mouse for these controls.

All you have to do is go to 'Project Options'/'Advanced' and click on 'Show Navigation Bar'. You can then go into 'Customize Navigation Bar' to show the navigation features you want/don't want and the size of the bar and how long you want it to stay on the screen (even the color, and more). I seem to be the only one who uses this feature because I have not seen it in any other show. I think it is a great feature, though many others prefer to only allow the use of keyboard controls and many prefer not to allow any controls for the viewer.

Hope this helps.

Gary

P.S. In fact, I allow both, keyboard and the navigation bar in my shows.

How wonderful of the three of you to take your time to respond, thank you. I also didn't expect a reply from the administrator. Especially with all work, and the time it takes keeping PTE running. All the information is a great help. Now I need to watch tutorials, read the instructions, and learn this program. I sent links of some of the PTE slide shows to friend that use the same software as I. They are as impressed as I am.

Thanks again for your time,

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot control my slideshow, through Project Options, Advanced, by using the keyboard ie if I press the space bar it doesn't pause, if I press right or left arrows nothing happens. Can you tell me what I might not be doing properly please?

Many thanks - Nettleton

Could you zip up your show using the PTE zip and post a link - I'll look and see what might be wrong. If the box is checked to allow keyboard (Project Options/Advanced Tab/Permit Control of Show Using Keyboard) it "should" allow that for an Executable show only. If you have created and played your show as an MP4 or other video format, this doesn't work.

Best regards,

Lin

I cannot control my slideshow, through Project Options, Advanced, by using the keyboard ie if I press the space bar it doesn't pause, if I press right or left arrows nothing happens. Can you tell me what I might not be doing properly please?

Many thanks - Nettleton

Could you zip up your show using the PTE zip and post a link - I'll look and see what might be wrong. If the box is checked to allow keyboard (Project Options/Advanced Tab/Permit Control of Show Using Keyboard) it "should" allow that for an Executable show only. If you have created and played your show as an MP4 or other video format, this doesn't work.

Best regards,

Lin

Aha! I realise the error of my ways! I was trying the space bar and the arrows on a Preview! Many thanks for your swift reply. Nettleton