WnSoft Forums

Burning to DVD problem

dcbyrne

Hello everyone,

I just made my first show (24 slides 1 music track), very simple show. I'm using PTE version 6.5. I wanted to surprise my wife with a nice slide show of Hawaii. After putting the show together, I burnt it to a DVD (Taiyo Yuden)following the commands in PTE. I continued using the next command until the burn was complete. I have 2 Sony DVD players, one is BlueRay. I put the DVD in the BlueRay player and received this message, "Cannot operate this disk". I then inserted it into my other DVD player in another room, and received this message, "Play back is prohibited by area limitations". My last effort was to try it in my computer DVD, also a Sony. It worked without a problem. Anyone have an idea what I did wrong, or didn't do right please? :unsure: :unsure:

Douglas

Douglas,

It sounds like you may have created a PAL DVD? But you are in the US which requires the NTSC standard. Please check all settings. If you have problems it may be that you somehow set your actual DVD and BD players to the wrong region?

Ray

Well Ray, You were spot on with your assessment of my problem. This time I looked closely and found that the burning to DVD default was set to PAL/SECAM. selecting NTSC of course made the difference. Those 2 messages should have rang a bell with me, but they didn't. Not today anyway.

Thanks again,

Douglas