WnSoft Forums

Rename Image File

mwo_achenbach

Hello!

I am looking for a program which can use the PTE-command 'Rename Image File' for all slides.

For example slide names: name_C, name_A, name_X to 001 name_C, 002 name_A, 003 name_X and so on

Many thank for help

mwo_achenbach

There are many tools to rename a large amount of files (slides). That's not my problem.

The slides (of my example) have complex Objects and Animations and are members of of a slideshow.

My solutions was changing one slide after the other by hand with 'Rename Image File'.

Now I am look for a scipt or batchtool to automate the process.

Sorry the first describtion of my problem was bad.

mwo_achenbach

Hello,

You can use Ant Renamer (FREE).

http://www.antp.be/software/renamer/download

This program can rename large amounts of files and folders in few clicks. It only modifies files/folders names:

- Changing extension

- Replacing character strings by others

- Inserting a character string

- Moving characters

- Deleting several characters

- Enumeration

- Name creation with mp3's Tag (ID v1.1)

- Name creation with file's last modified date and time

- Random names creation

- Case change (uppercase, lowercase, first letter of each word in uppercase, ...)

- Take names from a list/file

- Use of EXIF info

- Regular expressions

Availble in 11 languages : English (default), Belarusian, Chinese (simplified & traditional), Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

I have used for several years a freeware program called Lupas Rename 2000 v5.0 its available in English, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch and German at the download page

http://rename.lupasfreeware.org/download.php

The benefit I appreciate is the ability to preview the proposed changes you intend to make before commiting the name change. It has many options available. Try it and see for yourself

Alan

Hello!

I am looking for a program which can use the command 'Rename Image File' for all slides.

For example slide names: name_C, name_A, name_X to 001 name_C, 002 name_A, 003 name_x001 and so on

Many thank for help

mwo_achenbach

=========================

Greetings,

I have been using Faststone. Has lots of features and is free.

http://www.faststone.org/

Gary

The ACTION is not a problem - it is easy to make an action which does nothing and which can be applied during batch processing.

The problem is that in PS it would only process TIFF, JPEG etc and I doubt that it handles RAW files - not sure?

NX2 will batch rename all of the above plus NEF RAW files without the need for applying an action or settings file.

Neither will rename ALL files - only specific files.

I've learned something.

DG

Hi All,

I would like to endorse (Goddie) Gary Oddie's choice of the FastStone ReNamer/ReSizer in Post #6 above.

Its a superb program which we at Conflow Services have been using since 2006 having spent months trying

out its competitors ~ thats a long story, but FastStone win's hands down.

In essence the FastStone ReNamer/ReSizer does what you want it to do unlike most others which need so

many complex instructions that they end up controlling you ~ that's not good Software.

For those who are interested see the 'Attachments' which show "How to use the ReNamer" and some examples.

Link:- www.faststone.org

Hope this helps...

Brian (Conflow).

post-1416-099379800 1297383220_thumb.gif

post-1416-016924000 1297383234_thumb.jpg