• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I posted Beta 2 with important bug fixes:

P.S. Some issues will be resolved later in Beta 3:

(A problem described by Peter with 3 video clips, music editing problem submited by Daniel, and another one described by Lin in email)

Daniel,

....If you have a EXE file with this issue, could you please send it to me?

Sorry Igor, but following your demand I tried to reopen the project but was unable to reproduce this sound problem. Perhaps a problem of memory reset? I should have restarted my PC after the v7.0 installation.

Have a good week-end!

Daniel

When l' one places a video in the list of sights, the figure corresponding to time (1) is different from that the viewer (2). It would not be possible, to simplify all that, to modify this figure of time as on the figure (3), in order to be able to modify it more easily, or to make so that in 1, it is similar qu' in 2?

Thank you d' avnce for your answer

post-2414-0-61522900-1301689915_thumb.jp

Ron,

Can you reproduce your reproduce this issue if you start new project in previous version 6.5, then save project file, open in version 7.0 Beta 1 and then add this video clip?

If the problem occurs only with that original project, please could you send source files of this original project in ZIP archive?

Igor,

I have done as you suggested and I am now unable to get the exception error report. I have concluded that I must have made a small mistake when I originally carried out my first test of Version 7.1 because everything now appears to work OK.

However, I have now discovered that, after adding video clips to a project and then publishing (convert) to an mp4 file (H264) using the 'HD Video for PC & Mac' option, the sound in the video clips does not play. Am I missing some important video settings?

If I re-open "old" projects (made with V 6.57) I have the small views no more at the bottom (even if the project is not a very complex one. Sometimes, just the first 4 or 5 views ).

If I want to use the preview button ("B") or the preview buttom from the currant slide ("C") PTE freezes.

(but I've noted that a double-clic on the picture do now what these buttons did previously)

(and I've just made the suggestion to change the position of the button "A", (delete the view immediately) that I find too dangerous, being too close to the Objects and Animation button.

Thanks Igor, for all the improvments !

post-6764-0-09305000-1301746345_thumb.jp

Hi Ron,

I think it's the same problem that some of us have reported. I first noticed this when I uploaded a youtube video and it was flagged as possible copyright violation due to my low level background music.

Tom

Hello Tom,

You are probably right, I hadn't noticed that this bug had already been reported. It is strange that a normal project file preview and also a standard EXE file, play perfectly. It is only when the standard project is converted to h264 (mp4) that the sound problem arises. For forum members, who use the WDHD kit, this will be an annoying bug. However, I am quite sure that Igor will have it fixed in no time at all!

Ron

Daniel,

Thanks for details!

So it difficult to reproduce this problem again?

If you have a EXE file with this issue, could you please send it to me?

Sorry Igor, but following your demand I tried to reopen the project but was unable to reproduce this sound problem. Perhaps a problem of memory reset? I should have restarted my PC after the v7.0 installation.

Have a good week-end!

Daniel

Igor

Installing the new beta 2, I reproduce exactly the same phenomena as described previously with beta 1 so this time I made a save of the files I will provide to you.

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Igor,

Another issue of sound disappearing when converting to MP4. This time, a Flash FLV included with still slides and converted to mp4 ends up with no sound. The "only" sound in the test was on the FLV video. If "other" sound is included, such as via "add music or sound" it plays fine. Just take an FLV video and drop in as a single slide then convert to mp4 or try to upload to Facebook with the lower quality conversion - either way the sound is no longer audible in the MP4.

Best regards,

Lin

Greetings,

I just installed Ver 7 beta 2. The first thing I noticed (when the Slide List As Thumbnails is unchecked) was that the Slide List view area is much smaller and the slide viewing area above it is much larger. I would like to increase the size of the Slide List view when the Slide List As Thumbnails is unchecked. It seems that you an do this only if you have checked the Slide List As Thumbnails view. The double-line icon is there to make the change in size of the window but it does not work.

Also, when in the Slide List As Thumbnail view and you increase its viewing area of the slides, they all increase in size in one row. Is there anyway to make it so you can get more than one row of images when in that View when you increase the area of viewing Slide List As Thumbnails?

Thanks... Gary

I am sure my issue is not a bug but a user problem but this seems to be the place to ask about it.

When I insert a video clip made with my Canon S80 it plays as I would expect but with no sound. The 'Mute audio' box is unchecked in the properties tab of the O&A window.It is an AVI file and that is as far as my understanding of videos goes.

Is the lack of sound of the clip due to there being no sound file in the music tab in the project options box?

What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Anthony

Tom,

PTE 7 beta 1

Downloaded 2 flv videos from youtube. One plays at normal speed at 29 fps and the other plays at almost 2x video (59 fps) with normal audio speed.

Thanks, I confirm this problem. We're working on the solution right now.

PTE 7 Beta 2

Movie object sounds are muted when publish to video in any mp4 format. Example is I have background mp3 music playing at 25% level and output to youtube or iphone/ipad all the movie clip sounds are muted. AVI and mpeg-2 formats mix movie sound and project music correctly.

Tom

Thanks, I'll check up.

When l' one places a video in the list of sights, the figure corresponding to time (1) is different from that the viewer (2). It would not be possible, to simplify all that, to modify this figure of time as on the figure (3), in order to be able to modify it more easily, or to make so that in 1, it is similar qu' in 2?

Thank you d' avnce for your answer

I agree with you. Thanks for the idea.

If I re-open "old" projects (made with V 6.57) I have the small views no more at the bottom (even if the project is not a very complex one. Sometimes, just the first 4 or 5 views ).

If I want to use the preview button ("B") or the preview buttom from the currant slide ("C") PTE freezes.

(but I've noted that a double-clic on the picture do now what these buttons did previously)

I can't reproduce this problem. Does this happens for any project earlier saved in previous version 6.5.7? Could you please send me source files of a project where such problems occur?

Hi Igor,

Another issue of sound disappearing when converting to MP4. This time, a Flash FLV included with still slides and converted to mp4 ends up with no sound. The "only" sound in the test was on the FLV video. If "other" sound is included, such as via "add music or sound" it plays fine. Just take an FLV video and drop in as a single slide then convert to mp4 or try to upload to Facebook with the lower quality conversion - either way the sound is no longer audible in the MP4.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin! It's an important detail which helped me catch this problem!

PTE 7 beta 2

Canon PowerShot A720 with avi video. Set slideshow to repeat. CPU utilization stays under 30% but memory grows from 50 MB to > 1 GB. Slideshow crashed at 1.92 GB. Does not happen with videos using iphone 4 or panasonic fz28 camera.

Thank you! We'll investigate this issue.

Gary,

Please put screenshots to compare. I'm not sure that I rightly understood your question regarding Slide list.

Anthony,

Please upload your video file (Canon S80).

P.S. I've moved 7 posts to "Comments..." topic to keep this thread for problems only:

Gary,

Please put screenshots to compare. I'm not sure that I rightly understood your question regarding Slide list.

========================================

Igor,

I hope the attached screen shots explain it more clearly. One attached image has the View/Slide List as Thumbnails selected. I am able to reduce the viewing area of the selected image and increase the area below to show a larger Slide List. In this View, I would like to be able to have more than one row of images in the Slide List.

In the second attached image has the View/Slide List as Thumbnails unselected. I am not able to reduce the viewing area of the selected image as I can when Slide List as Thumbnail is selected.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks... Gary

post-1794-0-41585600-1301919050_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-21348600-1301919052_thumb.jp

My question

Your answer

I can't reproduce this problem. Does this happens for any project earlier saved in previous version 6.5.7? Could you please send me source files of a project where such problems occur?

It happens for a lot of my projects, even if they are not very complex. See for example this tutorial

T-Positionner-V2A.pt.zip

Hi Igor,

1 -

Theorically, when opening projects made with 6.5, the new parameter Sharper/Smoother is put at -128 for the pectures where anti-shammering was OFF.

It's OK for the pictures of the 0 level, but for all the children, great-children... the parameter is NOT put but at -128 but stays at 0

2 -

The default value for this parameter will be 0. This means that all the pictures will be blurred by default.

Do you think it is a good thing ???

Thanks, Gary!

I see that this issue is same for all versions, including 6.5. Right?

=======================

Yes, Igor. That is true. However, in prior versions, the Slide List area defaulted to a much larger area. Now in Ver 7, it is too small and can not be adjusted to be larger when View/Slide List as Thumbnails is unchecked. The icon to adjust the window appears but it does not allow any adjustment.

And wouldn't it be nice to be able to have more than one row of images in the Slide List area when View/Slide List as Thumbnails is checked?

Thanks, Gary

Theorically, when opening projects made with 6.5, the new parameter Sharper/Smoother is put at -128 for the pectures where anti-shammering was OFF.

It's OK for the pictures of the 0 level, but for all the children, great-children... the parameter is NOT put but at -128 but stays at 0

It's a bug. We just fixed it. Thanks!

Gary,

You can see all the images in the Slide List by pressing F4 key. Press again to return to Slide List.

regards,

Peter

================

Peter,

Thanks. That is good to know. But...why not be able to adjust the size of the windows? When you move the mouse to the proper location to make the adjustment, the icon shows up but does nothing. I'd say, make it adjustable as it does in the other view.

Gary

Gary,

Do you mean the icon that looks like a double horizontal bar with little vertical arrows? If so, I'm still using beta 1 and it works in that version as it always has done.

regards,

Peter

============================

Peter,

Yes, that is the icon. I'd like it to actually work. :rolleyes:

Gary

Do you mean the icon that looks like a double horizontal bar with little vertical arrows?

Yes, that is the icon. I'd like it to actually work.

Gary,

The attached screen grabs show that this little icon does work in beta2 (and did in beta 1). Unfortunately I wasn't able to grab the icon actually visible - but that was what I used to change the Slide List size.

regards,

Peter

post-4886-0-86345600-1301998055_thumb.jp

post-4886-0-33357900-1301998070_thumb.jp

post-4886-0-59677100-1301998081_thumb.jp