Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Ron,

You misunderstand - I was trying to show you that it was not a bug. You don't have to change anything.

In the SLIDE view, the figure shown in the bottom right of the slide icon includes both the INCOMING and OUTGOING transition.

That's the change that Igor made.

It wasn't too difficult to find after all:

DG

Yes I did understand, but that is not the point I was trying to make.

I was referring to the 'Timeline View' when I added a video clip that was 10.5 seconds in length, is showed up in the timeline as 6.5 seconds. This did not happen in Beta 10!

Ron

We still can't exactly hear this audio delay.

1. Can you please prepare another sample video where I could find exact "marks" for synchronization? For example, voice starts exactly with a flash of white rectangle.

2. Time position where you find audio delay (and value of time day, for example 1 second).

3. Do you observe time delay in both cases - start of a show from beginning and after rewinding?

Thanks,

Watch my example video in the Windows Media Player. You need not be a musician to notice that the background image exactly starts together with the music, and the background, the texts, and the small panorama image always appear exactly with the first beat of bar (music in three quarter time). Then compare it with preview of PTE 7B13 (single black slide of appropriate length which contains the video as an object).

Regards,

Xaver

Problème avec le VideoConverter.

Si l'on coupe une séquence video, le son n'est pas coupé au même endroit, mais démarre du début de la séquence.

Translation Google, sorry :

Problem with VideoConverter.

If cutting a video sequence, the sound is not muted in the same place, but always start from the beginning of the sequence

Hello.

I tried the video converter from a Nikon D90 video, and I received an error status.

Same thing with all my D90 videos

You will find here attached a D90 video.

Thank you for your help, and congratulation for the job already done

110515_135510.zip

Hello Bruno,

Why is it your file to AVI ?

Normally it is in MOV for Nikon

Have you already converted your file ?

Otherwise, with Freemake it work even with an AVI file

http://www.freemake.com/

Hello Bruno,

Why is it your file to AVI ?

Normally it is in MOV for Nikon

Have you already converted your file ?

Otherwise, with Freemake it work even with an AVI file

http://www.freemake.com/

Hello Bernard.

I know that the extension is .MOV on your D7000, but the standard extension for videos on D90 is .AVI and there is no way to changing it, in the camera or under Nikon ViewNX.

Of course, I use Freemake for D90 video conversions, and it works fine, but it would be more handy to use the new PTE converter to do it.

Problems with Videoconverter

First of all, congratulations to the PTE's team for providing us with an easy to use videoconverter! Thanks to you Igor.

I 've made some tests and noticed the following problems

1 - If I want to modify the file name and folder for the converted file, there is no possibility to choose a file format and the extension mime does not appear. It would be better if the mp4 extension was automatically selected as there is no other choice.

2 - Even checking the resizing box it seems that this feature is not yet available as there is no possibility to modify the size in pixels in the dialog box.

3- Trying to make a conversion flv to mp4, the first time I openned the flv file I ve got an error message from the videoconverter but after closing it and reopenning it everything becomes OK and the conversion was OK

Please see pictures here attached

Daniel

post-6446-0-38116300-1311876948_thumb.jp

post-6446-0-95210500-1311876963_thumb.jp

Barry,

Thank you for the file! I've reproduced this problem which occurs under OS X 10.6 (no problem with 10.5.x).

This bug related with this particular MP3 file. If I remove it or replace to another MP3 file, the shows starts sucessfully.

What software you've used to encode this MP3 file?

There are two variants - bug in code of PicturesToExe or this audio file is damaged.

Igor. I have lost track of where we are with this Mac issue. If you recall, Mac users reported that the show had a white screen and did not advance. They could advance manually though. I use either Audacity to record commentary, but lately I have turned to Camtasia and just produce an Mp3 from a recorded video. Has the fault been fixed in beta 14? I can't believe it is a corrupt Mp3 file as it happens too often for that.

I have remade the slide show in Beta 14, so it can be tested if need be. The link for the final show is here http://www.mediafire...ousekeeping.zip

The link for a zipped breakdown of the show is here http://www.mediafire...011_8-54-34.zip

If it helps, I can make a short test slide show, one using Camtasia and one using Audacity

Barry,

I have just downloaded and have to tell you it's still not working. White page - manual movement from keyboard - no audio. Since the first time I have upgraded to Lion (OS X 10.7) on the Mac.

Sounds like a PTE issue to me.

John

PS Igor is on holiday for a couple of weeks.

Barry,

If it helps, I can make a short test slide show, one using Camtasia and one using Audacity.

I suggest you also remake your housekeeping show using a mp3 produced/converted with Audacity for the Mac playback version. There seems something strange with the current mp3 file and its properties from Camtasia. Windows may be able to deal with its playback ... but Im not so sure if a Mac can.

Remake and have JEB test it out for you before Igor gets back.

post-45-0-27137000-1312146898_thumb.jpg

I don't want to have to re record all that commentary on the Good Housekeeping sequence, so I have made two test shows for Mac users, both small with just a few pictures and commentary

This one is via Camtasia 2.6MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5d9x00fjj8ydhz/camtasia%20test.zip

This one via Audacity 2.3MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vsbmub2db27q5bz/Audacity%20Test.zip

I can also post the zipped breakdowns if required.

Barry,

I don't want to have to re record all that commentary on the Good Housekeeping sequence

You should be able just to convert the current Camtasia mp3 file using Audacity.

The reason I say this is because the Camtasia mp3 file produced has file headers normally used in wave files.

RIFF°P©.WAVEfmt This file is also using Lame 3.97 beta release. This wave format file header using lame encoder may be confusing to a Mac for playback.

If you convert/export the file with Audacity in mp3 ... the proper file headers for mp3 format will be used. Also try using/download latest encoder Lame 3.98.4 release.

Nobeefstu

Your probably right, but I just get fed up with having to do work just to work around problems. I like using Camtasia and while the odd file could then be put through Audacity, if push comes to shove, I would rather switch back to using Audacity to get the files working. In an ideal world I would like PTE to work with Camtasia and Macs.

Crossfade

Thanks

I have a batch of images taken over the past few days that I am rather pleased with. They are on my Flickr site here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14841378@N05/

I suppose I may as well add the last part.

Here is the full Good Housekeeping show that originally was made with Camtasia, that would not play on Macs.

This version is identical, but the sound created in Camtasia has been re-saved through Audacity as suggested.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/80dc6j55k1lpat3/Good%20Housekeeping%20Audacity.zip

I suppose I may as well add the last part.

Here is the full Good Housekeeping show that originally was made with Camtasia, that would not play on Macs.

This version is identical, but the sound created in Camtasia has been re-saved through Audacity as suggested.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/80dc6j55k1lpat3/Good%20Housekeeping%20Audacity.zip

That plays fine, but I totally disagree with your system. Lightroom is much easier than what you describe and uses less space too.

Thanks for the test.

If both Mp3's play on a Mac then it does appear that its something that can be fixed in PTE

Re Housekeeping

I don't state that it is the only solution or even the best one, its just one that has worked for me for 10 years. Lightroom is not used by all and it would not suit me because many of the images I produce can't be done with lightroom. Well, not to the standard I want them. I assume Bridge is much the same as lightroom in relation to sorting and cataloging images. That doesn't suit me either, but if you like it, and it works for you, great.