WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

I've just downloaded and installed v7 final release using the link on the forum. The download and install seemed to work OK. But I now find that, despite having the two boxes ticked for the file associations, my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit system still has the file associations pointing to PTE v6.5. If I double-click on a PTE project file, v6.5 gets launched and not v7. As far as I can recall, all previous versions of PTE have replaced the file association. v7 seems to have either ignored the associations or else it must have added another pair of associations. Any thoughts any one?

regards,

Peter

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave/Igor,

That is also what I did. When I installed v6.5 I allowed it to set file associations. When I installed each beta of v7 I told it not to make the file associations. When I installed the v7 official release I allowed it to make the file associations. When I then double-clicked on a PTE project file in Windows Explorer, it always opened it in v6.5. I had to uninstall v6.5 to get the association with v7 to become active. I've never before had to uninstall a previous version to get the latest version's file associations active. But I've never installed two versions, both with file associations set, on a Windows 7 system before, either. It could be a Windows 7 "feature". (System is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with SP1)

regards,

Peter

Igor,

I have just finished the following test:

- Uninstalled v7 using the PTE Uninstaller: this left me with only v4.49 installed

- Installed v6.5.7 from a previously downloaded zip file (dated 12/03/2011 08:09): this PTE version loaded older PTE files successfully and warned me when I offered it a PTE project file that was created with v7

- Downloaded and installed v7 from the Forum link (presumably getting your modified version): double-clicked on an old PTE project file and it loaded into v7 successfully. Offered v7 the same v7 file I had offered to v6.5.7 - and now that also opened successfully.

Everything seems to behave as I would have expected it to. I think you have solved the problem Igor. Well done, my friend!

regards,

Peter

I have not been very active in creating AV's lately due to other interests (I found one can't do everything, at least not well), so I apologize for not reporting this sooner.

When I create a slideshow with the new PTE 7 on my relatively new laptop with Windows 7, there are glitches in the sound, whether associated with a particular slide, or used in sync mode.

I have tried to minimize the number of processes open at the same time to no avail. The same slideshow runs perfectly on my Win XP-based PC. Also, the same music file plays perfectly in Windows Media Player, even with PTE running simultaneously without sound activated..

Anyone else with similar problems or with any suggestions? By the way, I have the same problem using PTE 6.5.

........Al

WELCOME HOME AL

should not have to ask, but you have tried a different piece of music on the win 7 system - 'tis a different breed compliments of MS :)

ken

Thanks, Ken! I expected to see a whole new set of faces, but it looks like most of the experienced members are still here.

Yes, for sure! Same problem with 3 different selections. Must be the operator :) Will try your other suggestion later.

Igor,

Problem ?

1. I open a template (slide1)

post-6892-0-51710400-1316438782_thumb.jp

2. I select Publish HD Video (slide2) (or YouTube, or Facebook is the same)

post-6892-0-99922600-1316438838_thumb.jp

3. VideoBuilder opens always for DVD-video (slide3) !

post-6892-0-81830400-1316438853_thumb.jp

Thanks. I confirm this bug with templates. We'll try fix it version 7.0.1

I have not been very active in creating AV's lately due to other interests (I found one can't do everything, at least not well), so I apologize for not reporting this sooner.

When I create a slideshow with the new PTE 7 on my relatively new laptop with Windows 7, there are glitches in the sound, whether associated with a particular slide, or used in sync mode.

I have tried to minimize the number of processes open at the same time to no avail. The same slideshow runs perfectly on my Win XP-based PC. Also, the same music file plays perfectly in Windows Media Player, even with PTE running simultaneously without sound activated..

Anyone else with similar problems or with any suggestions? By the way, I have the same problem using PTE 6.5.

........Al

Hello Al! Glad to see you again!

Please send me executable file and time point where I can hear this glitch, I'll check up.

• 2 weeks later...

Igor

A small bug I think in 7.0.1 :-

I've been using the 'Publish' option to create a version of a slideshow for Ipad and Iphone.

I got to the 'Save As' stage and tried to save it with a filename which already existed (say Ipadfile), and quite rightly, was asked if I would like to replace the existing file.

However, when I said yes, instead of replacing and overwriting the file, it created a new one called Ipadfile2.

Regards,

wideangle

• 1 month later...

I've removed this function. It's a rarely used feature which complicates the program.

Since following Beta 9 it will possible select several slides and set one text comment for these slides. I think it more handy and flexible.

Hi Igor,

In the above reply (#176) you were referring to removing the 'Set Comments on All Slides = Current One' and replacing it with a similar function to set the text comment for a number of selected slides. I can't figure out how to do this. To be more precise, I like to show my comment (or caption) when the slide first appears and then fade it about 1/2 the duration of the slide so the image can be viewed without any comment. To do this requires adding two keyframes to the time line for the Text Comment object in O&A. So I need to not only copy the Text Comment object with its parameters to the other slides, but also the keyframes. The removed function did this perfectly. I've also tried Ctrl-M, but does not seem to do anything. This function wasn't very useful for people who entered their captions into the Text Comment object (it would make all the slides have the same comment), but allowed one to continue to modify all the attributes of the Text Comment object such as size, drop shadow, position, etc. until the end by using comments stored in the JPG EXIF or IPTC fields.

Thanks for any help.

Steve,

Prepare your first slide with comment, in the O&A window select that text object, copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), advance to the next slide, select the parent for the comment, paste from the clipboard (Ctrl+V), edit the text value if required. Does this achieve what you want?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, that would work but it is quite a bit of work to do that for 60+ slides, and for every time I need to make an adjustment to the text comment properties or keyframes. It's one reason the old function was quite useful although I understand its limited use to most users. I think it was Tom who mentioned earlier in the forum that Ctrl-M still ran the old function, but it looks like WnSoft has removed the function itself completely. Would be nice if they could put it back in some form.

A more general question, is there any way of copying any object from a single slide to all the other slides or a range of selected slides? That would be even more useful and probably easier to understand than just setting the text comments of all the slides to the currently selected one.

Since posting my question above I have figured out what Igor was saying when he said text comments could be set for a number of slides at once, but this isn't what the old function did because it doesn't copy any of the keyframes or other object properties for text comments that are animated in some way (in my case I'm just using the transparency function in O&A to fade them out halfway through the slide duration).

Steve

Hello Al! Glad to see you again!

Please send me executable file and time point where I can hear this glitch, I'll check up.

Thanks, Igor,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but the new 'official' version 7 seems to be OK So far, no sound glitches.

It could have been just interference from another background program too.

Thanks for considering my problem, and good luck with Version 7!

.........Al.- another happy camper!