WnSoft Forums

Comments on PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Igor,

Re your post #17 above, I accept your views on the "AB" button. The problems for the other languages had crossed my mind, too! But a further thought occurs to me: you no longer need the "Customize Slide" button. The "AB" button takes the user to the same place. Why not simplify the user interface, especially for new users. And if you were to add another button at the right side of each slide = "O&A", you would not need the big "Objects & Animation" button; and you would have a consistent user interface.

regards,

Peter

Would this work in the time-line view?

Bert

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed and had a play with it. Amazing...I can rotate/pan zoom etc with no loss of quality. I have a 1gig card and it handles it fine.

I can also add a border to the clip...however...even at 1 px it seems very thick. Just an observation.

This is gonna be fun. I added [copied] the same clip several times into the slide list and it didnt affect the projected .exe size.

I think small clips to get started is the way to go.

Andrew

Tom,

Dave,

I think to delay the movie start time just use the Video Offset adjustment. I think there might be a bug because sometimes the video shows up as a freeze frame sometimes just the background.

Tom

I think the way it works now is that the Still Frame of the video is always present and visable even if you adjust the Video Offset. This has its uses for particular show designs. At the moment ... I think you must treat the video object just as any other object that needs additional keypoints to modify its appearance and control. Maybe Igor still has more functions to fully implement.

However, I believe the video object could use additional flexability and control in this area. Having something like Hide/Show the Video Still Frame properties related to the start of video and the end of video. I would then think the Video Offset properties would have a wider range of visual control and design with other slide objects without extensive use of multiple/additional keypoints.

But this is only Beta 2 and who knows what magic Igor still has up his sleeve.

I find the position of the button " X " (delete the view immedialtely) very dangerous, being far too close to the " Object and Animation" button.

I also did have some concern with this position and its new button label. Some users may relate X to Close. In the interest of all users (new & old) its probably better to maintain the Remove Slide label ... or add confirmation message of its action.

When you mix slides with video and you have background sound to the slides, the sound dosn't disappear when the video shows up. You hear both sounds. I advances my slides manually so I can't fit the music to the slides. Therefor I would like to turn off the background sound when the videoclip shows, and hear the sound from the video. Is it a bug, a missing feature or is it me who just can't find the button.

Kind Regards

Peter

When you mix slides with video and you have background sound to the slides, the sound dosn't disappear when the video shows up. You hear both sounds. I advances my slides manually so I can't fit the music to the slides. Therefor I would like to turn off the background sound when the videoclip shows, and hear the sound from the video. Is it a bug, a missing feature or is it me who just can't find the button.

Kind Regards

Peter

This is a good point Peter.

There does seem to be a few problems being highlighted with 'sound' at the moment and I guess that we will have to wait for Igor and his team to sort them out.

I do agree with you however, that when a video clip is added to a slide show, the background audio track should them be muted so that all we hear is the audio of the video clip.

Ron

...when a video clip is added to a slide show, the background audio track should them be muted so that all we hear is the audio of the video clip.

Can you not use the existing audio manipulation features to "envelope" the background sound level down for the duration of the video clip?

regards,

Peter

Peter Kristensen,

Peter

When you advance your slides manually, you don't know when you have to cut off the music. The best solution to my point of view, is to place a button below the existing button "Mute audio" in Objects and Animation saying "Mute background sound"

Regards Peter

It should be possible in your particular slideshow scenario to stop the current background music on a selected slide in the manual show so that only your video sound plays. Use Customize Slide - Music tab and enable checkbox Play New Background Music Files. Keep the Music tab panel empty of music and make sure Project Options - Main tab is not using Syncronize Music and Slides.

This scenario stops the background music and does not mute it. To start music on the next slide you need to Add the same music to Customize Slide - Music tab.

* Since this is only Beta 2 ... Im sure there is more features to be implemented to deal with Video that has sound as they arise.

post-45-0-12642500-1301823232_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

As fh1805 says, to keep up with other sound editors, PTE needs to make the envelope tool available in all the tracks to prevent an unatural transition between the track sound levels, EG fade out slide or reduce /increase slide sound track over fade in video sound track, which is second nature in Audacity. If this is introduced I may even give it a try myself. ;)

Yachtsman1.

I find the position of the button " X " (delete the view immedialtely) very dangerous, being far too close to the " Object and Animation" button.

I don't like this button either!

Another remark: What has happened to the option "Anti-Shimmering" ?

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

Another remark: What has happened to the option "Anti-Shimmering" ?
In version 7.0 anti-shimmering (mip-mapping) is always on. You can adjust this option changing "Smoother/sharper" parameter. But for main purpose no need to change anything - you get sharp picture and no moir during animation.

Button "X" probably will be reworked.

Tom,

Does anyone know if upcoming video converter will have a cut or trim editor?
Yes.

That're quick replies. I'll answer on complex questions/problems on Monday.

I full agree with Jean-Cyprien, this cross button is more dangerous than useful as the right click on a slide enables to remove the slide

Daniel.

Igor,

Just a very little ommision in my view on V 7 unless it will be incorporated in the final version.

On previous versions on the left of the File tree window there was a small ''switch '' to collapse the tree instead/as well of Ctrl+G.

This I found most useful having just selected the files required I would then just touch the button with my curser and the tree would go.

Is this difficult to keep in the new versions?

Anthony

I think to delay the movie start time just use the Video Offset adjustment. I think there might be a bug because sometimes the video shows up as a freeze frame sometimes just the background.

You also need to adjust time range for video object if you want to hide video clip before it starts.

Igor,

Re your post #17 above, I accept your views on the "AB" button. The problems for the other languages had crossed my mind, too! But a further thought occurs to me: you no longer need the "Customize Slide" button. The "AB" button takes the user to the same place. Why not simplify the user interface, especially for new users. And if you were to add another button at the right side of each slide = "O&A", you would not need the big "Objects & Animation" button; and you would have a consistent user interface.

regards,

Peter

I think that we need "Customize Slide" button. Because this buttons shows slide properties window and switches to the last used tab (Main, Effect, Music). In opposite "AB" button starts at "Effect" tab always. "Objects and Animation" button is more

"speaking" name especially for beginners. However I have big plans to improve interface in one of nearest versions (probably 7.5). Let discuss these questions a bit later.

Igor,

Just a very little ommision in my view on V 7 unless it will be incorporated in the final version.

On previous versions on the left of the File tree window there was a small ''switch '' to collapse the tree instead/as well of Ctrl+G.

This I found most useful having just selected the files required I would then just touch the button with my curser and the tree would go.

Is this difficult to keep in the new versions?

Anthony

I'll try find some solution. The logical problem in a fact that there are no gap between controls and border of the main window as Microsoft recommends.

Igor,

I really like the new improvements to the Slide List display which now allows visual and easy access to specific slide details in one view. A further visual improvement for each Slide would be to include a reference icon as it relates to the Main Image of Slide or Main Video of Slide. With the inclusion of Video now possible as a Slide ... the reference icon would make it quick and easy to identify and access which Slides have the Main Image of Slide or Main Video of Slide.

I know you have plans on vastly reworking the GUI in the future ... thought I throw this reference icon idea into your already full think tank.

See image attachment:

post-45-0-79530000-1302002691_thumb.jpg

Igor

I am not entirely sure what benefit the AB tag is on every thumbnail. You can access the same options with a double click of the thumbnail and I guess most experienced users and forum members already know this. I can see newer users becoming confused with its purpose as it appears to do much the same as a double click, or a touch of the Customize Slide button.

I am not so taken with the X button either. I agree with Xaver, that its too close to the other buttons that have no relavence to it.

A further visual improvement for each Slide would be to include a reference icon as it relates to the Main Image of Slide or Main Video of Slide.

Thanks, but I wouldn't additionally complicate view of Slide list. Difficult to read time values.

I am not entirely sure what benefit the AB tag is on every thumbnail. You can access the same options with a double click of the thumbnail and I guess most experienced users and forum members already know this. I can see newer users becoming confused with its purpose as it appears to do much the same as a double click, or a touch of the Customize Slide button.

In future versions this button probably will show popup window to choose transition effect. Also AB button is usual for many AV software. If remove this button, it can be difficult to understand what this time value (1.5)?

It makes a lot more sense with the AB if it is going to be developed further. I am just anticipating questions from newer users.

I have been using 7 for only a short time and I appreciate that I would get used to it in time, but I don't like having to go to the far right of the screen for the slides and timeline buttons.

I also know you can't please everyone, but I would like these buttons moved left next to the Project options button.

Ideally. I would like a key stroke for these options. but not one that involves Ctrl+, I would love a one finger press to toggle between the two. I use a graphics tablet and I don't want to have to use two hands to make a selection. I want my right hand to remain on the graphics tablet as I make the change between timeline and Slide List.

Barry,

Thanks, good idea! I've assigned F6 key to switch between Slide list and Timeline in future Beta 3. Also Main menu | View will highlight this hot key.

About position of two tabs on the main window (Slides / Timeline). On my opinion it's a question of habit. The benefit of current arrangement is a groups of similar controls - less space for mistake.