WnSoft Forums

Hej

d67

Hej / 65MB - 4'35" on Bill's Beechbrook site

Hej (pronounced "hey" and meaning "hello") is the very first swedish word you hear at your arrival in Sweden... You will then hear it many times and rapidly say it yourself during your stay there.

In the first part of the slideshow you will find some photos of Stockholm.

In the second part there are photos of what is the second thing that will surely impress you after the "Hej" (...and the friendliness of the swedish) : the wooden houses, very often red brownish colored, with there white corners.

To be honest, some shots were taken in 2 open air museums (Skansen in Stockholm and Gamla Stan in Linköping) but there 2 or 3 century houses are very close to what you find nowadays!

I used the last beta version of PTE because I wanted to incorporate 2 little videos.

Have fun

Patrick

comments welcome

Hi Patrick,

Nice! Like being there. Looks like you and Catherine had a great time on holiday. One thing you might consider is getting one of the freeware video editors which has anti-shake filtering. They greatly reduce the "bumps" caused by the road when filming through the windshield. I like the music - it was very well suited for the presentation.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

I didn't know that it was possible to reduce the video "bumps" during post proccessing. I will give it a try.

The weather was absolutely extraordinary for the whole week: no clouds and very "hot" day temperatures (15°C) for that region... very uncommon for mid April !

Bernard

I don't know why you have such an error message. I didn't make special things with this slideshow apart incorporating videos (mp4) and sound (ogg).

Ken

I "inherited" my son's PC as he migrated to a Mac :rolleyes:

Colin

Thank you for your comment

Patrick

Hej och tack.

Snygga färggranna bilder av hög kvalitet.

Trevligt att höra lite svenska här på forumet...

Sorry for the language, which is also my moder tongue...

What I was about to say is that you have quite nice high quality colorful pictures here.

The natur is the same as we have here in Finland...

Thanks for a nice slideshow.

Jan

Sorry for the late answer ... I had to cope with a trojan horse on my PC

Thank you Charlie for your comment

Hej och tack.

Snygga färggranna bilder av hög kvalitet.

Trevligt att höra lite svenska här på forumet...

Jan

I had a problem with the second music extract. How to be sure with a so distant language for me to be sure the text is not too ...hot! :huh:

For example, for the title, the web translation robot gives "the tongue of love"... I suppose that "the language of love" is probably more correct;

Patrick

Hi Patric

I think you can feel really safe!

I did check the lyrics for "Kärlekens tunga", and yes, the most hottest words in that song is really "the tongue of love"..., but in the meening "Speek to me, Let me hear, The tongue of love, Say you love me, I will never forget you..."

I suppose you did think that the singer did look for her true love among the nice countryside houses at south east Sweden...

Jan

I love very much this light of your photos !

Realy great ...

Finaly , you show me that video can be a good new option in PTE with the good proportion and when it "naturaly" comes ...

Yes , Ken , I was in Spain, but with rain during three days .... Patrick and Catherine had a great chance !

Very well done , Patrick !

daniel

Hej Patrick

I liked the show, and the presentation. I think you visited Stockholm during the Easter. We had wery good wheather that period. I think the best time in Stockholm is summer and i can recomend a visit in the arkipelag.

Well done.

Roger

Hej Patrick

I liked the show, and the presentation. I think you visited Stockholm during the Easter. We had wery good wheather that period. I think the best time in Stockholm is summer and i can recomend a visit in the arkipelag.

Well done.

Roger

Hej Roger

We actually stayed in Sweden during the Easter week.

Blue skye all the stay apart one day !

Temperatures were apparently (min 4°C to 16°C maxi) high as we often were the sole guests in the restaurants to eat inside while the locals all sat on the terrace tables (with blankets in the evening) :rolleyes:

The following week there was a day with 2 hours of falling snow that melt in one hour

Patrick