WnSoft Forums

AVG Virus Alert [RESOLVED]

davegee

I have just updated AVG to database 2090/4548 & the problem now seems resolved.

Having just installed this version late last night I would have thought it would have had the latest version of the database. 4548 was just released at 07:39 this morning.

Had hoped that this may have cured some of the other problems I have been having with PTE but sadly it does not appear to be the case.

Jill

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent three emails to AVG company to get solution of this problem with false positive.

P.S. Sorry for late reply, I had a 3 day's trip to Moscow.

I think Putin's birthday was this week - were you invited

tell us did you give a sideshow at the party B)

ken

I'm having exactly the same problem with Avast. In version 6.5 it allowed me to open exe file but now it puts them staight into the treasure chest. I've sent a report to Avast. Whether they reply or not I don't know - nothing after 10 days, so far. I get over it by disabling Avast until the computer is turned off.

Howard,

There was a similar problem with Avast antivirus recently. They have cured it. Please make sure that you're using the latest updated version.

Ken,

I was invited to the conference in the Roerich Museum :)

MICK

I would suspect that everybody that had problem with 2011 have updated

to save any heartache with your customers advise them to go to 2012

and to update 2012 once they have it installed - i had a load of stuff on the check for updates

then do it again -- best to do it daily

seemed to take longer on the win 7 system than my xp sp3 system

ken

ken

Mick,

If AVG have just the one set of databases across all versions of the software then AVG 2011 with database 4546 or higher will resolve this matter. It isn't the software version that's important, it's the database version.

regards,

Peter

A point of interest....AVG 12

For those who have downloaded the updated version will find the layout a little different. The difference for me was the apparent omission of the 'Resident Shield' on the main page. This is where to place exceptions to avoid having everything and the kitchen sink scanned each time creating annoying delays on opening AVs etc.

The resident Shield is there but found under 'Tools' and 'advanced settings'

Anthony