WnSoft Forums

Magnifying Glass

Spock

Yes, I sent a message, but the website says:

[

Please contact us ONLY for questions about YOUR ACCOUNT. WE WILL NOT DIRECTLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRODUCTS. If you need support, please start a topic in the forum. Your question and our answer could potentially benefit a lot of users. We reply to most questions within 24 hours. If you don't hear from us, please be patient, we will get to you as soon as we can (keep in mind we could be in a different time zone than yours). Be sure we will reply through the forum as quick as if you would contact us directly. Thank you for your comprehension.

Spock

Xaver has showed you how to do this, and even given you a template to work with. If you have the png file of the magnifying glass from your "template," all that's different is the circular mask is placed where the "glass" of the magnifying glass is located. You do that by positioning the mask itself rather than the container.

If you take the small amount of time to "learn" how it's done, you won't need a template to do it in the future.

Essentially, you have two copies of the same image at different (zoom) magnifications . The one with the greater magnification is the one inside the mask. The circular mask just "reveals" the image with the greater zoom which is on a layer beneath the image to be magnified. You use keyframes to adjust the position of the mask and "magnifying glass." You can use the "parent/child" relationship to more easily move the magnifying glass frame and mask together in synchronization.

The "template" you attached from Dominic just "brightens" the image because the opacity levels are different on the images. What you should do is study the template Xaver gave you then use the PNG image of the magnifying glass and also the reflection, etc., if you want, but put the magnifying glass "frame" inside a circular mask which you can select right in PTE.l Adjust the size of the mask to fit the circle of the imaginary magnifying glass optic itself. Don't use too much blur - maybe 5 percent. The "image" you put inside the mask should be a duplicate of the one outside but zoomed in. You can adjust the position of the image manually via pan. If you want the magnifying glass to appear to magnify greater in real time, you simply change the "size of the magnifying glass frame" (make it larger as if it were being raised toward the viewer) while simultaneously zooming the image within the mask.

The template you have from Dom was done before PTE had masking capabilities so there was no way to make the glass appear to actually "magnify" anything.....

If you provide the image you want to use - I'll do a very quick sample for you and you can work from that....

Best regards,

Lin

Xaver,you're always putting your finger in the eye.

If I knew, I would have already done.

Thanks for template, but I prefer the Magnifying glass.

Yes, I sent a message, but the website says:

[

Please contact us ONLY for questions about YOUR ACCOUNT. WE WILL NOT DIRECTLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRODUCTS. If you need support, please start a topic in the forum. Your question and our answer could potentially benefit a lot of users. We reply to most questions within 24 hours. If you don't hear from us, please be patient, we will get to you as soon as we can (keep in mind we could be in a different time zone than yours). Be sure we will reply through the forum as quick as if you would contact us directly. Thank you for your comprehension.

Spock

Just an observation.

I've noticed that theDom hasn't been appearing for quite a while now and his website hasn't changed in quite a long time.

Regards,

wideangle

O.K.,

Here's your project file:

http://www.lin-evans.org/magnify/magnifyingegypt.zip

Here's a zipped exe:

http://www.lin-evans.org/magnify/magnify.zip

Play with the "opacity" to make the shadow of the magnifying glass stronger, weaker, & move it's position as desired. If you change a keyframe for position of the "frame" to move the magnifying glass, do likewise for the "mask circle". Change to linear before making changes and change back to "smooth" and "separate" keframes for each of PZR to get smooth movement after any changes.

This should give you a starting point at least...

Best regards,

Lin

OK Lin, I took a trip to Egypt, and I want to make a slideshow. I visited five sites:

Pyramids of Gizeh, Karnak, Luxor, Deir el Bahari and Abu Simbel.

I want the Magnifying Glass pass through those sites.