WnSoft Forums

Saving Slideshow

Ian Smith

I can create an exe file which runs okay when clicked on, but the PTE file which I save in my slideshow folder shows when saving, but when I later go to that folder my slideshow is not there and can only bring it up if I go to Recent Files in main programme

Did that and made very sure it is pointing in the right direction. When I am saving after clicking save as the files are all there, but with a big padlock beside them have no idea what that is.

Guest Yachtsman1

Have you encased all the items making up your show inside one folder, including slides, music, and the completed saved show. If you have & then created an Exe file, it is quite possible it has gone to another folder not the main one, particularly if you have opened other unconnected files before creating the exe. I would suggest you change the name of the project slightly by adding one character, do a save as & make sure it is saved into the main project folder, then create a new exe using the new name.

Yachtsman1.

Landscaper,

When I am saving after clicking save as the files are all there, but with a big padlock beside them have no idea what that is.

This is an indicator/marker in Windows 7 that your files (and or folders) have restricted access. You need to read up and check your user account/security file permission settings to change how you want this file/folder behaviour to best suit your particular needs. Usually you can change a single file restriction setting by a right-click then Properties, then selecting Security tab for the settings ... as long as your User-Login/Group has the permission.