WnSoft Forums

How to prepare and burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc

Igor

• 5 months later...

I have a completed pix2exe project saved as a .exe file.All the original slides and sound have been deleted but the show works well.How can I convert this to a .avi file?I want to make a svcd but cannot import the finished project.

help please

regards

peter eddleston

Peddles

welcome to the forum

well you need all the original files etc - and the pte file as well

start reading the page 1

How to prepare and burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc, Quick tutorial

first entry of this section for starters

where have all the files music etc gone

also start a new thread in the

How to create video section

ken

ken

Hi All ,

I have not really been following this closely so apologies if I am repeating a previous answer , It was my experience that with the Ulead Movie Factory TRIAL version the only option for output was VCD in my humble opinion and minor expertise VCD SUCKS in so far as quality is concerned , now I could be wrong (please feel free to correct an idiot ) but having purchased the full Ulead and plauged the very wise and helpful Ken Cox ;) it required an uninstall and reinstall of Ulead to get all the output options TA KEN before I could view the show in all it glory to anything near our beloved PTE exe on PC B) I have also recieved great advise from Alan Lyons SVCD a less expensive way with good results no doubt Alan has this well cracked any other posts found through "search " were so well recieved they also deserve a mention the biggest stumbling Block was the Trial Ulead :blink: though thank you everyone for the input ;) any one have any problems with moire ?????in a show with grooms the pinstripe trousers ended up looking like Army Combats! <_<

• 3 months later...

I am new to Picturestoexe, less than 1 day, following an AV presentation at local photo club

Looks excellents, but as with many others I see in this forum, I have difficulties with trying to create VCD/DVD

When I create an AVI, I seem to create a file with an extension VIO

Do I have some setting wrong ?

Also, I have NERO which I have in the past used to create VCDs, but this does not seem to recognise VIO as a file type

Can anyone help ?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have recently aquired a DVD writer so I tried to make my first Dvd version of one of my PTE shows. Iwas very short, about 20 mins but using Nero 6 took 2hours to encode. It did work fine with no flicker.

Then IO tried a 58 minute show that works very well on the PC monitor. When I tried to write to DVD it showed that it would take 5 1/2 hours to encode. Is this normal or is something wrong? I have Pentium 4 2 gig and 512 MB RAM.

:blink:

• 3 months later...

mairijim

yes Nero will make a svcd if you follow the initial how to comment in the first entry of this thread

How to prepare and then burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc

Using PicturesToExe you are able to produce AVI video file which can be easily burned as DVD-Video disc with help of any special software (read below). Even it is possible to create SVCD disc on usual CD-R disc with high quality of image and sound (almost as DVD-Video). PicturesToExe provides fast and lossless transferring of video and audio for converting into DVD-Video format. This allows to keep excellent quality of your presentations and very smooth transition effects.

so if you followed this thread and imported the avi into nero and followed nero vision express steps you shouve mad a svcd on a cd disk

ken

Roger

yes I use the Roxio suite at times

as well as

WinDvd and dvdsanta

i also use WinAvi or TMPGEnc to make mpg's for later use -- also mpg's are quick and dirty to get show up on tv to show/hear how it looks on the bigger screen -- cheaper on a cd than a dvd

hope this does not confuse the issue but there is a real good description of the different formats and how to's here

http://www.gromkov.com/help.html

ken

Roger

I have used Roxio Easy CD Creator for making a SVCD but not having any use for it, have not done so for some time. However I did write the following, which ended up in AV World

"In PTE click the VIDEO button bottom left of middle to open “Making of AVI video file”. Select SVCD, PAL/SECAM (for Europe) and Interlaced Video (recommended). Do not select Sharpness Filter. Click the Create AVI button to open ‘Save As’ box. Save the file remembering where you saved it.

"On completion of the save, a box will instruct you to go to your software for creating the SVCD. Do not repeat not click the Finish button.

"Open Easy CD Creator and select DVD Builder>DVD Builder Wizard. Select Create a DVD Builder and click on Next to open ‘DVD Builder Wizard’. Select SVCD and Import Files then Finish.

"This opens up the DVD Builder and the selected Import Files appears in the bottom left window. Drag this file into the top right hand box of the DVD Builder. Drag the Roxio Intro into the Waste basket bottom right. Double right click on left hand side of the top right hand box for a preview in the Screening Room left.

"If satisfied click on the BURN button bottom right.

"On completion of the burn and all is satisfactory you can now return to PTE and click that Finish button."

I am indebted to Michel who put me right on this way back in November 2003. You burn SVCD to a CDR.

Ron [uK]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone help please!!

I have been trying to create a slideshow of some 290 pictures with 6 music tracks, which, after failing to auto synch music to match length of slide show (slides very slow at begining & then very fast towards the end) matched them up manually. After converting to avi file via Video button i then burnt the file on cd using Nero. When i played it back through dvd player on tv only the first music track would play??

I then tried to do it through Ulead DVD MovieFactory2 as advised through this forum. When i import avi file, select SVCD (TO MAKE A CD) when i try to burn the cd it keeps advising me to insert a (re)writable dvd disc?

I would appreciate if anyone can advise me where i am going wrong. I have followed all the instructions i can find on this forum but seem to missing something?

Yours hopefuly

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...I have read every word of this thread and I am still having trouble and am so frustrated.

I have yet to be able to burn a DVD slideshow that will play in my DVD player from Pic2exe. I spent three hours yesterday with a friend over here and we were trying to figure out what we were doing wrong. We burned a DVD from an AVI file, a VCD and just a regular CD. I don't get it...what are we not doing right?

I am Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to burn and it is telling me that it has burned successfully but when I put it in my DVD player, I either get a blue looking computer screen with a folder and some numbers like and a button that says cancel or a message saying check disk. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening. I am using Sony DVD +R if that helps and have also used CD-R.

Stratus,

The problem is because you are missing a step. Roxio Easy CD Creator (I think you mean Roxio Easy DVD Creator?) cannot take the avi output of PTE and produce a DVD. You need software to convert the avi file to MPEG-2 format. There are many such programs - do a Google search for DVD encoders or DVD transcoders and you'll find many of them.

I personally use Tsunami-MPEG DVD Author. It's basic but it's easy and it works!

Ray

• 6 months later...

MalcolmG, there's still confusion hovering over your attempts. Lets see if this can help clear it up. I am also using only the 30 day trial version of Ulead Video Factory 2.

( IF you are trying to use .pte or .iso or .ixa, - they are all NOT part of what you are trying to accomplish.)

Here we go:

Use PTE version 4.20 Beta #4

On PTE main screen, choose AVI and on next screen, Create AVI , here you choose where to save the file you will soon use in Video Factory.

Now, leaving PTE and the created file open, start your Video Factory program and do this in Video Factory:b

Start project

click Next

Add video - this is where you guide the program to the avi file you created by PTE. The created file you need

add here will show up as .avi or .ptev - either way, Video Factory will recognize it as a file it can

work with for you.

Next

Next

Next

Record to disc

Output

Unless I have made a mistake, those are all actual keystrokes you can make to burn your SVCD or DVD.

Please let us know when you make the "glorious" breakthrough and it works for you.

OK I followed your advice, I'm suffering the same problems, but when I bring up the file (.ptev) into Ulead, I get the message..File Format Mismatch. Please tell me what I've done wrong, I've done everything to the letter of your instructions....then this.......HELP..!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

HELP! I saved my AVI file and went into my Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 trial. Went through all the steps and at the end chose SVCD (because I don't have a DVD burner) and put in my Sony DVD-R 4.7GB disc and now it is telling me that there is no disc in the device. I also tried burning a CD-R which burned but now won't play in my DVD player. What do I need to get my slideshow to burn and work? :(

Jess575,

You can not use DVD-R 4.7GB discs in a CD Burner ... only good for DVD Burner. You will have to stick with CD Discs.

I dont lnow anything about Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 and its procedures for importing files.

Have your tried to make your show using Create AVI File using SVCD setting in Pte and enabled the checkbox for Ulead DVD MovieFactory ?

Note:

I have read comments that some versions of Ulead DVD MovieFactory dont require the checkbox for Ulead DVD MovieFactory enabled from Pte. So my best guess is try both ways to see how it sorts out .

*You may want to verify that your DVD player model accepts SVCD disc.