WnSoft Forums

3D parameters

ldofout

Sorry if this is an old question, Why when I want to rotate an image using the 3D parameters, I type in 90 is the image not at right angles to the screen, the same goes for 270. However, if I type in 180 or 360 everything is as it should be a flipped image or a complete rotation back to the start. When I use a frame around the image it works perfectly, so whats the difference?

Hi,

Assuming you start with a flat object which has not be altered in Photoshop, etc., to have some 3D transform already applied: When you type in 90 for the parameter on the 3D transform the image is at right angles to the screen, but since a 2D image has no depth, you will see nothing except the green box representing the image. If you build a three dimensional construct such as a cube, you will see the 90 degree rotation. If you use the "up or down" arrows and hold the left mouse button down you can rotate the object through the entire 360 degree or more cycle and see exactly what happens when you reach 90 or 270 degrees.

Start a new project - put in a simple photo and size it so you can see all edges. Now rotate it with 3D transform and observe. If this is not what you are seeing on your project it's because of something you have done such as a parent/child relationship and you are seeing the results of complex interactions. The 3D Transform works as it should. If you create a zip file and provide a link I'll see what you have done and explain why you are seeing the results you see.

Best regards,

Lin

I don't know if it is your problem :

If your picture is not right at the middle of the creen, you'll see it - and think it's not at right angle with the sreen. You have to put an other angle - not 90° - to see it by the edge.

It is a problem of perspective

See my example

Project_1.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, it reminds me an old request of the french touch (JPD. And Jean-Cyprien ?) asking for the ability to change the point of view (move it off the center of the screen as it is now).

It's certainly not a priority because it's a very advanced feature for 3D software that only a very few users would need.

But I would be curious to know what you think about this feature Igor and if it's in your plan for a future version... :)

Thanks.