WnSoft Forums

Scrolling Text and "Le Monde"

davegee

Hi Dave,

That's cool!! But why the second frame? Couldn't you achieve the same effect with one controlling frame and changing the X axis at the bottom and top to opposites such as -32 and +32?

Best regards,

Lin

its the way i have always done it. i get the versatility i want this way.

you are like my wife! no matter what i do i should have done it differently (her way).

just shows that pte is capable of getting the desired result - with the "wrong" methodology.

ctrl+e came in usefull on this one.

dg

LOL, Are you telling me that you're "henpecked?"

I don't know if there is a right or wrong way to do lots of things - just the way or "ways" that work!

I can see where Ctrl E could be very helpful here!! Regardless of the methodology, the "effect" is great.

I wonder if it would be possible to bend text horizontally around half of an object? It looks like Jean has done it that way on a couple of his creations? If it is, then with a second set and opacity switches one could have fun with text circling the Earth or one of you soccer balls?

Best regards,

Lin

Little - "Le Monde" included....

http://www.lin-evans.org/monde/Le_monde2.zip (PTE)

http://www.lin-evans.org/monde/Le_monde2ex.zip (exe)

It "grew" a bit, but hey, I added the world - LOL

Lin

J-C,

It should be possible to produce 360 degrees of text without having to resort to multiple slides or opacity effects?

Your EGG looks as though it had more than 360 degrees of text.

DG

LOL - You're absolutely right - just a quickie to see if it would work. Actually, that video is too large and I'll try to capture a smaller one. That one was captured using Celestia - a cool free program, in case you haven't used it - get it here:

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

Best regards,

Lin

........P.S. Nit picking but, to me, what you have done would make more sense if the angle of inclination of the Video were the other way.

OR......

......you altered the "Le Monde" to suit your video's angle of inclination.

DG

You are right, Dave, I need to change the opacity.

Have a look at the last view of the AV here :

It's one of the last, if not the last AV by JPD (end of Oct 2009).

And have you said precession ?

See "My lovely spinning tops". Not really attractive todays, but they were done with the version 5, that is without the marvellous 3D of the version 6 !

M-JCV- Mes jolies toupies.zip

Hi Jean,

Yes, I remember from JPD's first example! Your "Sorcerer's Apprentice" was also a great lesson in "geometry" and a pleasure to watch. I recently made a little tutorial after JPD's example of the elliptical "orbit" in much the same fashion as his example, though not nearly as beautiful with shadows, etc.

PTE has given us an amazing tool with which to express creativity. I only wish I were more creative but must be satisfied with trying to help others learn the technical aspects so that their creativity can be expressed.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello,

I discover this topic only today.

Nice work Dave, I like it.

Here is my little contribution to this project.

I added a simple tip to the existing project to show the text front and back side.

I hope you don't mind.

The PTE project, the exe for Pc and the exe for Mac are included in the archive.

Le Monde-Dom_Mar23-2012_10-58-15.zip