WnSoft Forums

How can I replace images in a slideshow without changing their slide c

Photofanatic

Hello Again

I have just added 100 individual slide to my show and customised their duration and transition times. I have now decided to add a line border to the images which I have done and saved in a separate file so as not to destroy the original.

Is there a way to replace my existing sled and still keep the same customisations in the slides ?

Thanks again

Joy

Joy,

Provided that your line border image is saved as a PNG file, then yes.

Go into the O&A window on your first image. Add the line border as a child of the main image. Adjust the size (Zoom) of the line border until it is as you want it to be. Select the line border object in the Object list and copy it to the clipboard (use the icon on the toolbar or do Ctrl+C). Advance to the next slide. Select the main image and paste the line border as a child of that image. Advance to the next slide... and so on. There is no "one click does all" option for this, I'm afraid; but you will quickly establish a rhythm and pattern of mouse activity. If you do not want the border to participate in the animation you have set on your main image then add the line border as an independent object on each slide.

I recommend you do a sample of perhaps five or so to confirm that things happen as you want before you do all 100. Saves a lot of rework if you choose the wrong technique!

regards,

Peter

Hi Joy,

It's not entirely clear from your post "precisely" what you are trying to accomplish.

There are at least two "major" ways to add a "border" to an image. One way is within PTE by choosing the "Properties" tab in the Objects and Animations screen. This allows you to place a plain border in your choice of color and pixel dimension around your image. This is done on an image by image basis. Each image "could" have a separate color and size of border. There is no "universal" way to apply this feature automatically to each image.

Another way which would work if your images are slightly smaller than the screen display size would be to choose a background image of contrasting color and apply it to "all" slides via the "Project Options" "Screen" tab "Background" feature.

A third way is to create a PNG file with a transparent center and place it on the layer beneath each slide and adjust the dimensions so that it shows around the edges. This method lets you have a bit "fancier" type of border depending on your skills in your editor of choice which provides for layered image construction. In such a case you would apply this file to each slide one at a time.

None of these methods will affect the timings, animations, etc., of your show - just provide a border for your images.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello and thanks for your advice but it seems I haven't made myself clear.

To simplify :

What I want to do is replace the slides I have with all their customisations (only duration and transition though - no animation) - with other images that I have put a border around (in a programme outside pte) and if possible keep the customisations.

If I bring in the images with borders on - as new slides then I will have to repeat all the customisations - that is what I am trying to avoid.

Thanks

Joy

Did anyone mention adding a png as a COPYRIGHT?

That's a "one stop shop". Project Options / Control.

If the images have the exact same name (with the added line) why not just overwrite the originals with the new ones.

If you are worried about "losing everything" create a Template of what you have and do it on either the Template or the Original Project.

Don't forget to tidy up afterwards.

DG

Joy

Simply highlight each slide in turn on the Timeline, click Change Image File on the top bar, and select the image you wish to replace the slide on the timeline with.

There is no change to slide duration, transition time or transition effect of the replaced image.