WnSoft Forums

New show on Beechbrook

mawcamera

New show posted on Beechbrook (my first) consisting of images taken in 2006 using a Canon 400D in and around Annecy in France close to the Swiss border. Show is 5 minutes 53 seconds long containing about 40 images together with a few third image effects.

Patrick

Have no objection to comments and should have made that clear, apologies. It is, however, a show of limited ambition which aimed simply to showcase some images taken at an earlier date which is obviously never the best way to construct a show. Having made it first some 18 months ago when I was new to PTE, I remade it in HD format before uploading the version on Beechbrook

Thanks for your interest

Adrian

Hi Adrian

The following points are negative one but have to be considerably tempered, of course, by your remarks but I hope that pointing at them will be nevertheless constructive.

... And my comments are stricly personal, probably not all shared by others and are in no way universal!

- Very minor point : Annecy is situated in the Alps, a few km south of Geneva and it's lake... not exactly what is commonly called the southeast of France

- your photos and/or music pieces are much too "heavy" (82MB for 40 shots) : problem of size ? No compression ?

- you used probably automatic transitions wich is a bit mind-numbing for long sequences.

- in a few cases, your verticals ... are not vertical!

- unwished and easy to wipe objects in some shots (yellow crane for example)

- person with an ugly yellow reflective jacket in the washhouse along the water

- a few redundant or superfluous photos (you apparently love swans ;-)

- a few superpositions during the long transitions are not very lucky

- pinpointing the castle is surperfluous ... or then you must pinpoint other buildings.

- I think that the transition with the fanfare effect (an interesting one!) is a bit too long

- some unsharp night photos (one is very blury)

- night photos, then dusk photos and then again night photos.

You have a bit more than 30 superb and neat shots.

I find particularily interesting those which have uncommon point of views (rooftop views).

Give them a reasonable size (as with the music pieces), match the transitions (and change there speed) according to music rythm and you will then considerably improve your slideshow.

Thank you for sharing your nice shots of this little jewel of France.

Patrick

Hi Adrian,

A very enjable show and one which does showcase your images very well. You certainly gave a good feel for the lively and attractive town which certaily looks worth visiting when in that region of France.

Although a bit gimmicky I did like swan transitions (third image) and also the band members transitions both show a good use of Photoshop and PTE. I thought your general standard of photography to be very good and,for me, some of Patricks comments on your images were not that important and I had to view them with keyboard control to find them.

I did think some of the early shots, being probably composed in 3:2 format suffered from being cropped to 16:9 but that format did work very well for most of the other shots. Zoom-ins can always be a bit un-tidy. I think I would have follwed the long shot of the castle with a close up (same photo would be fine), especially as there were no other pans of zooms in the show.

Hi Adrian

The following points are negative one but have to be considerably tempered, of course, by your remarks but I hope that pointing at them will be nevertheless constructive.

... And my comments are stricly personal, probably not all shared by others and are in no way universal!

- Very minor point : Annecy is situated in the Alps, a few km south of Geneva and it's lake... not exactly what is commonly called the southeast of France

- your photos and/or music pieces are much too "heavy" (82MB for 40 shots) : problem of size ? No compression ?

- you used probably automatic transitions wich is a bit mind-numbing for long sequences.

- in a few cases, your verticals ... are not vertical!

- unwished and easy to wipe objects in some shots (yellow crane for example)

- person with an ugly yellow reflective jacket in the washhouse along the water

- a few redundant or superfluous photos (you apparently love swans ;-)

- a few superpositions during the long transitions are not very lucky

- pinpointing the castle is surperfluous ... or then you must pinpoint other buildings.

- I think that the transition with the fanfare effect (an interesting one!) is a bit too long

- some unsharp night photos (one is very blury)

- night photos, then dusk photos and then again night photos.

You have a bit more than 30 superb and neat shots.

I find particularily interesting those which have uncommon point of views (rooftop views).

Give them a reasonable size (as with the music pieces), match the transitions (and change there speed) according to music rythm and you will then considerably improve your slideshow.

Thank you for sharing your nice shots of this little jewel of France.

Patrick

Patrick

Thanks for your comments. The file size problem is not caused by the size of my images but by mixing down the sound track to a wav file rather than an mp3. Apologies for this as the use of mp3 reduces the file size to about 30 Megabytes. I had missed the crane when modifying my show to HD having cloned it out in a previous 4:3 version. Of course Annecy is a lake but it is also the town at the head of the lake as I check before uploading, we even in the town for 1 week in 2006 for a very enjoyable holiday.