WnSoft Forums

Display Captions in Metadata

jimlarkey

I know it's been discussed before, but just a friendly reminder that there are some of us that would like to see PTE optionally display embedded captions, in the upcoming release.

I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker recently, just to create quick video, and really like the "Cinematic" effect on the EXIF/IPTC embedded captions.

No, ctrl-C, ctrl-V won't do on all the slides.

Thanks for your kind consideration...looking forward to this feature.

Cheers.

Hi Jim,

I'm not certain how much of this is relevant, but we already have the ability to display a variety of EXIF and Metadata in PTE.

If you click on "Project Options" then the "Comments Tab" and look for "Set Text Comments For New Slides" then "Insert Template" you have a wide choice of IPTC metadata and Exif data to choose from.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jim,

The problem with inserting templates from metadata fields is that different software which reads metadata assigns slightly different names to the fields. This makes it very difficult to always be certain that your files (images) have the data in the correct place to be revealed via the PTE metadata call.

My suggestion is to go into each IPTC field available to you in the software you use to write or modify the metadata and put the "title" as shown by your software then make a temporary "trial" show with only a couple slides, call the field as described by PTE and see what name appears from the actual image. That way you can be assured that if you can always retrieve the data you want from the template call. Of course you have all the normal font, size, color, etc., to assign via the Comments tab.

Best regards,

Lin