WnSoft Forums

"A Taste of Ramsea" Ramsey Isle of Mann

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I've always regretted not taking more video & pictures while we were sailing. We do have a number of DVD's made from VHSc tapes, low res digital images & a number of colour prints. So as I had a few hours to spare I've compiled a miscellany of video clips, screen shots from video, digital images & scanned colour prints & put them into a show that makes us laugh everytime we see the original.

It concerns our first major voyage in our first yach Tranquillity. It was supposed to be a three week holiday to Scotland, however, due to adverse weather the first few days were spent in Liverpool marina, & the remainder on the Isle of Mann. Due to our late start, we headed for Ramsey, not the shortest crossing to Douglas, 96nm. The first leg was in a virtually flat calm, so the iron donkey (engine) had to be used. By mid afternoon the Irish Sea struck, with rain & high winds. Eventually, around 2am we arrived in Ramsey Bay. The tide was out so we anchored until next high tide. By 11am we were tied up alongside another yacht in the inner harbour, where our only view for 10 days was the harbour wall as we rose & fell with the tides.

Much lotion (alcohol) went down my gullet as the adverse weather prevented our onward journey to Scotland. To lighten the mood, being slightly inhebrinated I decided to produce a cookery documentary called "A Taste of Ramsea" (play on words.

Queenies are an island delicacy, they resemble miniature scallops with the same taste. These were the main ingrediant of my dish. To pad the show out a little I've added some stills to the video clips.

Because it's a family type show, I've uploaded it to YouTube. The quality of the video & stills varies from acceptable to mediocre, so be warned, I hope it raises a smile, we need one on here at the moment.

Mechanics Run time 14.5 mins, 4 video clips, 46 slides, can't remember the software used to make the DVD's, it was a pain in the but. I converted the DVDs using Prism to AV'is, edited them using PTE, stripped the sound track & edited it with Audacity. Lip synchronising was a pain. There is a section in the main clip where the pictures were unwatchable, so I've cut that and add a few stills, while retaining the original VO, which I think is the amusing bit.

Yachtsman1

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

First time I saw "Gordon Ramsey" and was spared the voiceover.

I couldnĀ“t, by some reason, get no sound on the cooking part.

However, it looks like you liked the dish... :rolleyes:

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lennart

Something lost in translation :blink: Do you mean you couldn't hear the full sound track Or was that some Scandanavian joke??

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :o

Guest Yachtsman1

No, this time no joke.

The music was OK but the voiceover was silent. :(

/Lennart

Hi Lennart

I should try again, I've just run it through via Youtube & my daughter downloaded it this afternoon with no problems??? 45 hits so far, only you complained maybe you need "earsavers" (specsavers) :P

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Ken - yes.

I have noticed on other youtube-videos that sometimes sound is missing.

It may have something to do with my Microsoft Security Essentials or Malwarebytes..

Eric - can you put the exe-file on Mediafire for me to download? :rolleyes:

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken - yes.

I have noticed on other youtube-videos that sometimes sound is missing.

It may have something to do with my Microsoft Security Essentials or Malwarebytes..

Eric - can you put the exe-file on Mediafire for me to download? :rolleyes:

/Lennart

Hi Lennart

Good news & bad news, bad news the EXE is over 200MB which exceeds my Mediafire limit. Good news the MP4 is only 140MB, so for you I've uploaded it to Mediafire, the link is http://www.mediafire.com/?t7ly6p7fxws7t0l

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. B)

Ken - Thank you for directing me to the Youtube downloader.

The Youtube downloader is now installed and I have downloaded all versions of "A Taste of Ramsea".

I have tried Windows MediaPlayer, Real Player and Quick Time and still the voiceover is silent.

My spaceage hearing aid (for monitoring my neighbors) did not help either. :rolleyes:

All other of Erics Youtube videos work fine. Also the Skelmersdale Prize Band sounds nice.

So - for the moment I rest the case...

Thanks a lot for all your efforts to help me.

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken - Not exactly: 84 498 kB Videoclip and (Mediafire)143 655 kB MPEG-4 Movie. :ph34r:

/Lennart

Lennart

The only other thing that comes to mind is censorship, there is some mild profanity in the voice over, could your ISP's policing policy have filtered out the swearing. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :lol:

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lennart

I think I may have found your problem. The VO is a mono MP3, it could be your system is not recognising the VO, speakers eg???

I have made an MP3 with just the VO on & tried to upload to to this post but for some reason it won't attach. Maybe PTE have disabled the function. I & others have attached MP3' in the past, so I can only assume PTE have done this to avoid copyright problems.

I've PM'd you for your email address, I will attach the VO to an email zipped, it is less than 9MB. hopefully you will will then be able to hear it. I can't risk re-doing & uploading the whole file as the BT Broadband police have again informed me I am in danger of exceeding my monthly quota. :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :unsure:

vo only ri.zip

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lennart

I think that deserves a Ā£5 donation to the RNLI!!! Glad you are sorted & don't need earsavers.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :P :P :P

Lennart Lennart, what have you done??? This morning there was a knock on my door, it was the postman delivering a parcel I didn't order. Imagine my surprise on opening it I found a bare, sorry bear RNLI official. I was only joking. Thank you very much the gift is much appreciated.

See pictures below.

Kind Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :P :P :P

post-5560-0-77375500-1343391705_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-62539100-1343391726_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

I've always regretted not taking more video & pictures while we were sailing. We do have a number of DVD's made from VHSc tapes, low res digital images & a number of colour prints. So as I had a few hours to spare I've compiled a miscellany of video clips, screen shots from video, digital images & scanned colour prints & put them into a show that makes us laugh everytime we see the original.

It concerns our first major voyage in our first yach Tranquillity. It was supposed to be a three week holiday to Scotland, however, due to adverse weather the first few days were spent in Liverpool marina, & the remainder on the Isle of Mann. Due to our late start, we headed for Ramsey, not the shortest crossing to Douglas, 96nm. The first leg was in a virtually flat calm, so the iron donkey (engine) had to be used. By mid afternoon the Irish Sea struck, with rain & high winds. Eventually, around 2am we arrived in Ramsey Bay. The tide was out so we anchored until next high tide. By 11am we were tied up alongside another yacht in the inner harbour, where our only view for 10 days was the harbour wall as we rose & fell with the tides.

Much lotion (alcohol) went down my gullet as the adverse weather prevented our onward journey to Scotland. To lighten the mood, being slightly inhebrinated I decided to produce a cookery documentary called "A Taste of Ramsea" (play on words.

Queenies are an island delicacy, they resemble miniature scallops with the same taste. These were the main ingrediant of my dish. To pad the show out a little I've added some stills to the video clips.

Because it's a family type show, I've uploaded it to YouTube. The quality of the video & stills varies from acceptable to mediocre, so be warned, I hope it raises a smile, we need one on here at the moment.

Mechanics Run time 14.5 mins, 4 video clips, 46 slides, can't remember the software used to make the DVD's, it was a pain in the but. I converted the DVDs using Prism to AV'is, edited them using PTE, stripped the sound track & edited it with Audacity. Lip synchronising was a pain. There is a section in the main clip where the pictures were unwatchable, so I've cut that and add a few stills, while retaining the original VO, which I think is the amusing bit.

Yachtsman1

Congratulations for the videoclip. I appreciate the cooking with such comprehensive explanations.

I ran a similar experience with analogue videos of the early nineties.

But I was lucky because this summer I participate to a photo challenge in Sardinia and I had the luck to win the first prize beeing the only one with old images of a village, celebrating its 30 years anniversary.

Regarding my boats I sold my last 42 feet Jeanneau two years ago (due to problems with my eyes) but I bought a used 24 feet racing boat (Este 24) which I keep in Sardinia. I used it relativly seldom and in the winter season I have local friends who participate with success to the winter regattas.

I collected some pictures and videoclips from them and I just prepared a fotoshow with PTE.

I am now working on it to reduce the 247 MB size.

Saluti

Claudio

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Claudio

I have two Brit' boating friends living in Sardina. We met them in Portimao Portugal and kept in touch when they left. last time I heard from them they were selling their boat "Knightingale" & had bought a house in Sardinia & were living there full time. Their names are Tony & Linda, we lost touch when my Hotmail account was invaded & I had to close it. Pictures of the couple attached taken on board our Moody 40 during a meal.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-61674800-1348868377_thumb.jp