WnSoft Forums

quality DVD for PC and TV i need both on one disc

dcrau

Standard DVD: PUBLISH > DVD Video Disc.

If your TV has USB - play the MPEG4 via USB?

DG

Hi DG

Thanks for the reply, I have 270 top quality images of Lincoln Cathedral Flower Festival, and for 3 weeks have been trying to get a successful top quality DVD made from them. Windows DVD maker produces very poor quality, as does Ashampoo, Roxio etc NERO is best so far. Then someone put me onto Wnsoft. Still trying to get my head around it. Emailed support and one answer was to produce an MP4 file, which I did, burned on DVD and result as good a quality as the originals BUT DVD player did not recognise it.As the DVD is for use by lots of people on many different DVD players etc it needs to work anywhere. Have used NERO and Roxio to burn the MP4 file but again results are poor. If i try to "publish" with Wnsoft it goes into creating a Mpeg2 file which again produces poor results.

Any answers PLEASE

DavidC

Hi Check out screen shot, click publish, highlight DVD disc & follow the PTE wizard, make no changes, just scroll through each section. You should get a DVD disc for TV.

Yachtsman1

Hi

Thanks for the response, I have 270 top quality images of Lincoln Cathedral Flower Festival and need a DVD to match the quality, All other software fail on quality(25+discs used!!). Wnsoft basic system also somewhat poor,Wnsoft support suggested making a MP4 file, which i did and burned using NERO, absolutely fabulous on the PC, not recognised on the TV. As need to be useable on many types of equipment am still trying to find the right way.

Any suggestions very welcome

Davidc

If you want a DVD to play on all types of equipment i.e. Standard DVD, Standard (Upscaling) DVD or Blu-Ray then you have to use the method suggested above.

Is it intended for Commercial use?

Is it going to be distributed to friends?

Is it for your own use?

What equipment do you have?

Standard DVD Player?

Upscaling DVD Player?

Blu-Ray Player?

TV with USB input?

Do you have a Blu-Ray Burner?

There are many talented people here who can help you but they need to know a little bit more about what is possible and what is not possible due to your equipment.

All we really know is that you have 270 Cracking pictures of Lincoln Cathedral Flower Festival.

Best wishes,

DG

If you want a DVD to play on all types of equipment i.e. Standard DVD, Standard (Upscaling) DVD or Blu-Ray then you have to use the method suggested above.

Is it intended for Commercial use? was going to be but ran out of time!!

Is it going to be distributed to friends? Yes

Is it for your own use? yes

What equipment do you have? Dell pc i7 Photoshop CS5

Standard DVD Player? yes

Upscaling DVD Player? no

Blu-Ray Player? no

TV with USB input? no

Do you have a Blu-Ray Burner? no

There are many talented people here who can help you but they need to know a little bit more about what is possible and what is not possible due to your equipment.

All we really know is that you have 270 Cracking pictures of Lincoln Cathedral Flower Festival.

Best wishes,

DG

Yes that is why I am asking, no one else has any ideas( camera magazines, Camera club members etc). Apparently a Mac is very good at this-no help though. Will have another go as suggested.

Davidc

OK,

The problem, as Gerard pointed out, is that you are going to reduced your images down to 720x576 to make the DVD and then (if the TV is HD) you are going to upsize this to 1080 high.

Maximum quality will be achieved by using an EXE file on the PC.

The MPEG4 played through a USB port on the TV is pretty close to this.

The Standard DVD played on a Standard DVD Player is way down the scale from this.

Try it first and see what you get.

With a non-upscaling Standard DVD Player you are likely to run into problems with TV Safe Zone which means that you have to reduced the images to around 90% of their original size when inserted into a PTE project so that nothing is lost when the DVD is played back. This further reduces quality - you are not using the full 720x576 pixels available to you.

If what you get is not satisfactory then I doubt that you will get any better anywhere else - from a Standard DVD played on a Standard (non-upscaling) DVD Player.

Let us know how you get on?

DG

OK,

The problem, as Gerard pointed out, is that you are going to reduced your images down to 720x576 to make the DVD and then (if the TV is HD) you are going to upsize this to 1080 high.

Maximum quality will be achieved by using an EXE file on the PC.

The MPEG4 played through a USB port on the TV is pretty close to this.

The Standard DVD played on a Standard DVD Player is way down the scale from this.

With a non-upscaling Standard DVD Player you are likely to run into problems with TV Safe Zone which means that you have to reduced the images to around 90% of their original size when inserted into a PTE project so that nothing is lost when the DVD is played back. This further reduces quality - you are not using the full 720x576 pixels available to you.

If what you get is not satisfactory then I doubt that you will get any better anywhere else - from a Standard DVD played on a Standard (non-upscaling) DVD Player.

Let us know how you get on?

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

What sizes are your images in pixels. 1920x1080 is normal for HD TV Video. If you upload your some of your images to Mediafire or Dropbox, send me the link, I will download them burn a DVD & check it on my system. Are you using DVD R discs 4.7GB?

Yachtsman1

What sizes are your images in pixels. 1920x1080 is normal for HD TV Video. If you upload your some of your images to Mediafire or Dropbox, send me the link, I will download them burn a DVD & check it on my system. Are you using DVD R discs 4.7GB?

Yachtsman1

Hi

As you will have realised I am not used to this,thought burning a DVD was straight forward!! pixel size 2100x1500. In previous attempts did reduce px to 1920x1080, also tried combination of same ratios, neither was any better.DVD+R 4.7GB being used. Have got myself into Dropbox and will send 10 or so images. However a said i am new to all this, what is the link you need to download my images?

Davidc

David,

Regardless of the size of your images or the size of your project, in order to create the DVD the project is reduced to 720x576 (PAL) to make the DVD.

You are then upsizing from 720x576 to 1920x1080 to play on your TV.

A double whammy!

DG

Hi DG

Am beginning to get a message from the knowledge guys that I am asking too much, and my need cannot be met. Do I throw in the towel or is there an alternative out there.

Davidc

If your Laptop has HDMI you can connect it to your TV and play the EXE at full HD resolution?

Apart from the EXE - one of the proven methods (at the moment) is the MPEG4.

This can be presented to the TV in a couple of ways.

1. USB on TV.

2. USB on a Blu-Ray Player (not expensive).

3. USB on a Satelite or Freeview Decoder.

If you could justify upgrading any of those you would be in business but do your research - make sure that the spec stipulates MPEG4 is recognized. My Freesat Decoder only takes AVI.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

As you will have realised I am not used to this,thought burning a DVD was straight forward!! pixel size 2100x1500. In previous attempts did reduce px to 1920x1080, also tried combination of same ratios, neither was any better.DVD+R 4.7GB being used. Have got myself into Dropbox and will send 10 or so images. However a said i am new to all this, what is the link you need to download my images?

Davidc

The file you up-loaded to Dropbox should have a tag or something that indicates you want to make it public, personally I haven't use DBox for some time as I find Mediafire suits me, however providing you have gone through the mothions of making the file public, you should be able to copy a link or URL for the file & paste it into a personal message to whoever you want to receive it.

Yachtsman1.