WnSoft Forums

7.5 bug

potwnc

In the attached project select slide 2, right click then Start Preview From This Slide. Instead it starts the preview from slide 1.

bug demo

I'm not sure that this isn't the way it is supposed to work. It's been like this since version 7 as well. The "transition" into the selected slide is included in the "start preview" sequence so it chooses the slide before to perform the lead-in transition to your selected slide.

Best regards,

Lin

In the attached project select slide 2, right click then Start Preview From This Slide. Instead it starts the preview from slide 1.

bug demo

As far as I can recall, it's been like that ever since v5.0. The playback begins at the point where the slide is just about to begin its transition. That in-coming transition is part of the slide and so the start point must be at the very start of that transition.

Peter

Try a quick (no) transition?

DG

Both slides already have a quick transition.

I can't imagine that it is supposed to work this way. I can imagine including the transition (in this case a quick transition), but if you follow my instructions you'll see that it never reaches slide 2 without clicking on the link. Surely that's not intentional when I just asked it to start from slide 2?

My v7.5 final tests on this subject is that there is definitely a behavior difference of showing the previous slide when NO Transitions setting is applied.

It appears this issue was introduced with v7.5 beta 13. Previous beta builds (11,12) seem to behave correctly ... whereas later beta and release versions behave differently.

I'm not seeing this behaviour on my system with any of my sequences. If the transition is a Quick, I see the previous slide and then an immediate change to the chosen slide. In other words I see a Quick" transition. If the transition is not a Quick transition, I see the previous slide followed by the commencement of whatever transition has been chosen. As far as I am concerned, there is no problem with this feature on any of my sequences.

Peter

P.S. I cannot test using the bug demo zip because when I click on that link (post #1 above) I get taken to the Peoples of the World main website page. No zip file gets downloaded.

I see an instant show of the selected slide. But... immediately prior to that I see the currently selected slide in the File List panel displayed as the slide before the selected slide in the Slide List. I never see the slide before the selected Slide List slide. If no file is selected in the File List, I see a plain grey "slide" flashed up immediately before the selected slide in the Slide List.

I much prefer the behaviour of v7.5. It does, at least, always show the slide prior to the selected slide and always shows the in-coming transition as a transition between two slides (except on slide no.1 of course!)

Peter

Regarding the given example, there is a difference between 7.0 and 7.5, but not a serious one. To me it seems that "Start preview from this slide" now (7.5) jumps into the time interval of the previous slide, a few milliseconds before the highlighted one is to start, while in 7.0 the starting point seems to be inside the time interval of the highlighted slide itself. This does not make much difference provided that the previous slide is set to "Show next slide after indicated time interval". In the given example, it is set to "Wait for key press", and we see the said effect.

Regards,

Xaver

In Version 7.0.7 the Preview begins at ZERO for the selected slide. If there is a transition the the previous slide is seen fading out. If there is no transition the previous slide is not seen.

In Version 7.5 (on both of my Vista Laptop and W7 Desktop machines) it starts at ZERO minus X seconds when there is no Transition. If there is a transition it starts correctly at ZERO - this is easily demonstrated by inserted an object at the end of the previous slide whose opacity goes (suddenly) to nothing at the ZERO point of the selected slide.

DG

Ah ha, so the show is a manually controlled one! In order to show the in-coming transition, PTE must position itself at the end of the previous image, mustn't it? If you never saw the previous image you would have no idea what the in-coming transition looked like.

I find PTE's behaviour in this situation entirely acceptable and perfectly logical.

regards,

Peter

I think we can all agree that there is some difference in the behavior between 7 (or earlier) and 7.5. Which is "correct" is the question to be addressed. Obviously, it's not a serious issue and one can always choose the slide ahead if we don't like the response of the selected one. It has no bearing on the show itself so let's wait for Igor to have his well earned holiday and he can address our concerns when he returns...

Best regards,

Lin

With respect guys I think that the WAIT command is a "RED HERRING".

There is also a difference between FULLSCREEN and WINDOWED MODE. The "problem" is more pronounced in FULLSCREEN and is hardly noticeable in WINDOWED MODE - on my machine with the WAIT command OFF.

DG

Xaver's right that it is not serious, but it deserves to be looked at.

I tried another scenario where a Button was programmed on slide 5 to go back to slide 3. In the actual EXE it works perfectly.

It seems that it is only the TOAST Button which is not performing correctly.

DG