Defragmented HDDs

No virus, no malware

PTE 7.0.7

Minimized video card usage

Working on HDD "K"

More than once PTE freezes and a message comes:

PTE

Unhandled Exception at "TPteEngine" Disposing

(D:\Wnsoft\PicturesToExe\PTE\WnLib\Win32\wpTypes.pas, line 562)

I think it refers to HDD "D".

Point is that HDD "D" is a physical different disk from HDD "K" where I am making my PTE project.

In HDD "D" I have nothing related to PTE or my project, not even to any other PTE project.

So, why something is going wrong with HDD "D" in order to freeze my actual PTE project in "K"?

How and why PTE "gets in touch" with "D"?

I remember that there is a way in PTE to see all the project line by line.

I tried to find such mode but I couldn't.

The idea was to find such line 562, but I couldn't.

Concerning the OUT OF MEMORY past problem, I splitted my project into pieces and am working now almost slide by slide.

Much annoying!

Anyhow, I succeed working for 30 minute's periods, than FREEZE, REBOOT, start again, and so on...

No way!

Someone has an idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Jose

I can't say for sure whether this is related to the 32-bit/out of memory problem you've had before - we'll have to wait for Igor to return. But line 562 does not mean line 562 in your project (.pte) file. It is a line in the code of the PTE program (or one its the modules) that hasn't been coded to handle some error condition you've encountered. Igor will probably want a copy of your project so please back it up for him as soon as you can so he has the best chance of recreating - and fixing - this.

Do you have PTE 7.0.7 installed to your "D" drive?

I can't say for sure whether this is related to the 32-bit/out of memory problem you've had before - we'll have to wait for Igor to return. But line 562 does not mean line 562 in your project (.pte) file. It is a line in the code of the PTE program (or one its the modules) that hasn't been coded to handle some error condition you've encountered. Igor will probably want a copy of your project so please back it up for him as soon as you can so he has the best chance of recreating - and fixing - this.

Do you have PTE 7.0.7 installed to your "D" drive?

No, my PTE 7.0.7 is installed in "C", as usual.

In "K" I have everything related to my project, folder by folder, and one only folder containing saved PTEs, audio (mp3), and all JPG pictures and PTE converted movies which ara part of project.

And I have already re-installed 7.0.7 from new several times.

This is not understandable!

Do you know how can we see the "list" of "orders" which constitue the PTE project? I think that some years ago I could see it, now I can not remember.

Jose,

my PTE 7.0.7 is installed

Have you tested this project with v7.5 current release to see if the same issue exists ?

* Bug fixes usually apply to latest current version, as older versions are a thing of the past and dont warrant further bug fixes.

* Its quite possible your project file has become corrupted since your PC is constantly Out of Memory while working/saving this project. If thats the case ... then the project file will also most likely not work correctly in v7.5 either.

Do you know how can we see the "list" of "orders" which constitue the PTE project? I think that some years ago I could see it, now I can not remember.

If you mean the .PTE file then right click it in Windows Explorer & Open With Notepad.

This will show you the text contained with the PTE project.

Jill

If you mean the .PTE file then right click it in Windows Explorer & Open With Notepad.

This will show you the text contained with the PTE project.

Jill

Thanks Jill, it's exactly this, I've forgotten.

Jose,

Have you tested this project with v7.5 current release to see if the same issue exists ?

* Bug fixes usually apply to latest current version, as older versions are a thing of the past and dont warrant further bug fixes.

* Its quite possible your project file has become corrupted since your PC is constantly Out of Memory while working/saving this project. If thats the case ... then the project file will also most likely not work correctly in v7.5 either.

Yes, I've tested it with actual 7.5 and problem still exists.

A detail: running the project in v7.5, I noticed that some (at least, one or two) photos show with small differences in terms of framing, I mean, as if a different zoom has been applied, which was not the case. Very misterious!

Yes, may be the project file got corrupted. If it is the case, is it possible to locate the corruption in order to fix it? What is the solution in such cases?

I don't consider v7.0.7 a thing of the past. On the contrary, new v7.5, as I see in the Forum, still is not 100% reliable, as is normal.

Thanks for your time.

Guest Yachtsman1

Yes, I've tested it with actual 7.5 and problem still exists.

A detail: running the project in v7.5, I noticed that some (at least, one or two) photos show with small differences in terms of framing, I mean, as if a different zoom has been applied, which was not the case. Very misterious!

Yes, may be the project file got corrupted. If it is the case, is it possible to locate the corruption in order to fix it? What is the solution in such cases?

I don't consider v7.0.7 a thing of the past. On the contrary, new v7.5, as I see in the Forum, still is not 100% reliable, as is normal.

Thanks for your time.

I agree, I'm still using 7.07 which has some anomalies & don't want to try 7.5 until there are no more reports of bugs.

Yachtsman1.

Today, a new Error message, after the first one concerning the "562 line":

PicturesToExe

Access violation at address 006620C4 in module "PicturesToExe.exe"

Read of address 00000000

I tried to send a link to Igor but he can not receive more private messages.

I hope Igor can see this.

Just installed PTE 7.5 from new.

Another error message show, while running my project:

APPlication Error

Exception EoutOfMemory in module PicturesToExe.exe at 000A305B

This time, no reason for an Out of Memory problem, I think, as I had run the project several times in the timeline and didn't add nothing.

In any case, v7.5 seems to show more difficulties to run the project than v7.0.7.

This situation is turning quite impossible to deal with.

If this was my very first PTE trial, PTE had already been in the recycle bin forever.

But I hope to recover my confidence...

Jose

One Solution :

If you have been saving progression stages (backups) of your project file ... go back to a previous backup project file to where all was working correctly. Then begin again, one by one, adding/rebuilding the slides/objects to a point where the initial issue occurs again. If you can find the initial issue segment/element, copy just that segment to a new separate project file all of its own ... and test just that segment for the issue if it develops.

*If the issue develops, then the segment/element itself may have some faults and require a new/different approach to rebuild the segment/element.

*If the issue does not develop all on its own, it may its interaction with other segments/elements that require a new/different approach to rebuild the segment/element interaction points.

Another Solution :

If no project backup files of progression stages have been saved ... you will need to remove segments/elements, one by one, and hopefully find a point where the project begins to work correctly. Then its time to rethink and rebuild the removed segments/elements so they can work without issue.

** Not a quick and easy job to debug/troubleshoot complex projects ... especially when your PC is operating in an Out of Memory environment.

** If you are very well versed in reading and understanding the project file internal data line by line ... you may be able to happen upon something that appears unordinary or outa character that needs attention.

**If PTE supplied a project debugging tool ... this may be a helpful addition to locate possible issues and errors.

I'm still concerned about the original error message in this thread referring to "D:\Wnsoft\PicturesToExe\PTE\WnLib\Win32" when Jose does not have PTE installed to his D: drive. This is extremely bizzare and could possibly indicate a problem with Windows itself in addition to (or instead of) a problem with PTE. I also have PTE installed to my C: drive and I have no directory called C:\Wnsoft.

Jose, can you open Windows Explorer, navigate to D:\Wnsoft\PicturesToExe\PTE\WnLib and tell us what files and folders are in there? Also, with only one instance of PTE running on your PC and open with your problem project, go to Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) and tell us how many times the process list shows the entry PicturesToExe.exe *32.

I just searched my PTE install directory for all files containing the phrases: "WnLib" "Win32" "wpTypes.pas" and "*.pas" - in each case no files were found. Curiouser and Curiouser...

More than once PTE freezes and a message comes:

PTE

Unhandled Exception at "TPteEngine" Disposing

(D:\Wnsoft\PicturesToExe\PTE\WnLib\Win32\wpTypes.pas, line 562)

I think it refers to HDD "D".

Point is that HDD "D" is a physical different disk from HDD "K" where I am making my PTE project.

In HDD "D" I have nothing related to PTE or my project, not even to any other PTE project.

So, why something is going wrong with HDD "D" in order to freeze my actual PTE project in "K"?

How and why PTE "gets in touch" with "D"?

Someone has an idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Jose

=======================

Jose,

I have received the exact same error message in the past. See the link from Tom's posting #13. It was never resolved. However, I think we did figure out the "D:" in the error message has no relation to the D: drives on our PCs. My error message was created when I was trying to save the EXE file over the existing EXE file. To avoid any error message, I have to first delete the previous EXE file before I could continue on to do a save of my revised EXE file. I have not been able to resolve this problem. But it seems to be a 'permissions' problem with my PC that I have still not been able to resolve (not a PTE problem). I don't think you have mentioned what steps you are taking that create your error message. Maybe there is no relationship with what I was doing to cause my error message and what is causing yours. But what are you doing that causes your error message to appear?

Gary

I have wondered if the D reference is to the D drive on a WNSOFT computer and not the user's computer.

Maybe that's why the error comes up?

DG

My computer has 3 HDDs:

Disk 2 (1TB) with 4 partitions: C, D, E, F

Disk 1 (2TB) with 3 partitions: G, H, J

Disk 0 (2TB) with 1 only partition: K

XP and PTE (and other programs) installed in "C".

My PTE project now running on "E" from clean. When problems started it was running on "K". Problems continue on "E".

- DG - What, or how, could be a WNSOFT computer?

I think that "D" reference reports to my computer (user's computer).

- potwnc - In "D", no directory at all called Wnsoft neither nothing related to PTE. Amazing!

With my project running, Task Manager Processes only show 1 "PicturesToExe.exe" (not PicturesToExe.exe *32)

What kind of problem could be with my XP ("putting" some PTE files in an invisible local in "D")?

- Tom - When working in my project I save as it several times a day.

Now I am in "version" PTE 543-2.pte, meaning "Part 2 (after splitting), 542 previous savings as".

So, project name is always changing.

Anyhow, I will try to see about these wptypes.pas error message in older forum postings.

- nobeefstu - Today I opened a support ticket in PTE SUPPORT and I sent link to download my PTE project, Part 2,

and some thumbnails of error messages over my frozen project.

I asked them to go to this topic/thread and take good noticed of what I am saying from day one,

instead of asking questions which may be already answered.

Yes, if PTE has a project debugging tool, this could be nice and quick.

Let us see what happens in the next 24-48 hours!

By my side, working on solutions you suggested, it's too much hard and anoying...

and at this moment I am not in the mood, on the contrary.

Since more than 3 weeks that I can not work in peace in my project. Too much!

- Gary - You refer that your error came when trying to save the EXE file over the existing EXE file.

If I understand, such EXE file is the executable file, is it?

Point is that I never produced any EXE file of my project, I only am saving as successive ".pte" files.

So, may be your situation does not apply to my case.

What was I doing when first crash occured?

It was, of course, before spliting the project into Part 1 and actual Part 2.

Part 1 is most complex (I have saved it and already made final mp4 file).

Part 2 is not so much complex, so I splited here.

But, before spliting, I mean, before errors started, one day I added 1 more picture somewhere in Part 2.

A JPG picture, 2,38MB, big format (see former posts).

Problems started. I have already changed such picture several times from new (I am now in version 5) but problems continue.

I "refuse" to resize this picture or low down the JPG quality. I need it as it is.

- LAST MINUTE - Using O&A, I just removed such big picture from my project and tried to run the project.

Freeze and crash at once!

First, came the old OUT OF MEMORY ERROR, then a new one (thumbnail attached).

Thanks very much to all of you for giving me your time and thoughts.

Jose

post-6554-0-85331200-1353356464_thumb.jp

My computer has 3 HDDs:

- Gary - You refer that your error came when trying to save the EXE file over the existing EXE file.

If I understand, such EXE file is the executable file, is it?

Point is that I never produced any EXE file of my project, I only am saving as successive ".pte" files.

Jose

=========================

Jose,

Yes, I am referring to re-saving my .exe file. I don't have a problem when I save or re-save my .pte file.

Now, when I try to re-save my .exe file, I still get an 'Unhandled...' error message but it has a little different 'Line'. See attached.

I have 3 different physical hard drives in my PC: C, D and E. The PTE program is on C: and my PTE shows are on E:, so my D: does not enter in the process of creating or saving a PTE file. So I don't think the "D:" in the error message has anything to do with our PCs. I just really don't know for sure. I think it is a problem with my Windows7's permission setup. I just can't fix it. My error message might not have anything to do with yours, but I have not been able to figure out why my error message, which is similar to yours, occurs, yet. Sorry.

Gary

post-1794-0-72469400-1353357830_thumb.jp

Hi Jose,

I've downloaded your project and was able to reproduce the unhandled exception problem. We are now working on it. Thank you for your help and patience.

Regards,

Artem

P.S. For those who are curious, drive D in exception message is related to Wnsoft computer, not user's computer.

Hi Jose,

I've downloaded your project and was able to reproduce the unhandled exception problem. We are now working on it. Thank you for your help and patience.

Regards,

Artem

P.S. For those who are curious, drive D in exception message is related to Wnsoft computer, not user's computer.

DG

Jose,

I've noticed you have a lot of independent (not linked) video clips inside one slide, but the source file for them is the same. Are you aware of 'link video clip' option? It can greatly increase performance in such cases. For more details, see User Guide, pages 48-49.

Anyway, having tens of video clips inside one slide will make your slideshow really slow. Try separating them into several slides.

Artem

Jose,

I've noticed you have a lot of independent (not linked) video clips inside one slide, but the source file for them is the same. Are you aware of 'link video clip' option? It can greatly increase performance in such cases. For more details, see User Guide, pages 48-49.

Anyway, having tens of video clips inside one slide will make your slideshow really slow. Try separating them into several slides.

Artem

Hi Artem,

I hope that this is not your answer to freezing, crashing, unhandled exceptions, "D:Wnsoft" and other error situations which I am dealing with.

In fact, I am aware of "link video clip option" but I am not using it because, from User Guide, video objects (on one or several slides) linked with

one video track share common parameters: Start time, Duration, Offset, Mute audio.

As you may have noticed, my "not linked" clips have diferent start times, diferent durations, diferent offsets, besides the fact that in some of them I use their own audio and "mute" in others.

So, in general, I can not use this option.

Yes, I can imagine that having tens of video clips inside one slide is hard for the computer, despite the fact, as you may have noticed as well, that I am using the smallest possible video segments (not the full original video track). I get such segments from the original video using my video editing software.

Separating/spliting, that's what I am doing now, whenever adequate and whenever possible, but it's not so easy, as my final goal is to produce a final mp4 file of the whole project, not to show the project using the "enchaining method". So, such spliting, originating several mp4 files, forces me to use again my video editing software in order to join the pieces.

At last, I would say, PTE would make it possible to build more complex projects if it was a native 64-bit program using all own 64-bit resources. That's what I am sorry for in present moment.

In the meantime, I keep waiting for your support related to all ERRORS occuring.

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

Do not worry, my previous post is not an answer to freezing, crashing and other bugs. It was just a suggestion how to make your slideshow faster. I didn't know your final goal is mp4 file, not exe; in this case my suggestion might be irrelevant.

Regarding those bugs, as I said, we're working on them.

Artem

• 1 month later...

Jose,

Do not worry, my previous post is not an answer to freezing, crashing and other bugs. It was just a suggestion how to make your slideshow faster. I didn't know your final goal is mp4 file, not exe; in this case my suggestion might be irrelevant.

Regarding those bugs, as I said, we're working on them.

Artem

Artem,

Still "working on them"...?

It must be a big, big bug!

Jose

Hi Jose,

I don't know if this might be useful to you as a temporary work-around or not. I just made a show which runs 96 different separate videos simultaneously, and duplicates this five times plus a six video rotating, zooming cube all running on a single slide. That's a total of 486 simultaneous videos on a slide.

Since your final project will be in a video format, you might proceed like I did. I never added more than 12 videos at a time, then I created a MP4 h.264 video, loaded it as the project and added another dozen videos, and repeated this process until I had the initial "video wall" built. Then I loaded this video wall (as a video) five times to create my Video Room and created yet another MP4 h.264. Then I added that as a project and created my rotating video cube and once again saved as an MP4 h.264.

By doing this in increments in an iterative fashion, I was able to avoid out-of-memory issues and the finished show actually runs pretty good as an executable as well as a video.

If your project can be created in this fashion, you might get on with it while Wnsoft is working on the errors. Just a thought...

Best regards,

Lin

Artem,

Still "working on them"...?

It must be a big, big bug!

Jose