WnSoft Forums

SOLVED....IPTC Captions Again...

jimlarkey

Hi Jim,

I'm not clear - your bullets say "Appear in avi video" and "Do not appear in avi video" - Do they appear in Preview and in Executable format? Do they come and go in AVI video?

Later: Hi Jim - I just tested this and it works correctly for me. If you are not seeing them in the AVI video, the first question is "where, on your image do you have them appear?". The default is top center. Could it be that your AVI video has a different aspect ratio and that it simply cut's off that top portion of the image? Some more information will help to pin down the problem....

Best regards,

Lin

Using PTE v7.5, my IPTC captions:

• Appear on screen in PTE.
  • Appear in avi video.
  • Do not appear in avi video.

Any thoughts on why no captions in avi video?

Thanks & Cheers

Hi Jim,

It works fine for me as an MP4 - be sure to check your aspect ratio on the MP4 versus your preview and the position of the text.

Suggestion: Make a one slide "show" and place your comment somewhere near the center. Create an AVI "and" an MP4 with the "same" aspect ratio you are using in the preview and see what happens....

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry guys....just a brain fart...see edit.

Thanks for being there, Lin.....you're right, the aspect ratio. Positioning the caption in "center" template shows up in the mp4 now. I'll play around with the bottom positioning to get it to work, now that I know it's the aspect ratio.

And....thanks for the tip on Kantaris. It's a nice viewer, and I've switched.

Cheers,

Jim