WnSoft Forums

INTO THE HIGH ARCTIC

Lakelandlass

SVALBARD TO NORTH-EAST GREENLAND.

This is the first part of an expedition cruise undertaken in September this year which started in Longyearbyen, Svalvard to the North-East Greenland National Park and ending in Iceland, just before winter closes in and the sea freezes over. The park is the largest in the world and the least visited with only about 500 visitors a year.

Several landings were made, usually centred around old trappers' huts and, on Greenland, research stations also depots of the Sirius Patrol, more of which can be found on www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15940985 .

With grateful thanks to Bill Hines, as always, on www.beechbrook.com/pte

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Just looked at your show with lots of stunning images. In the first half of your show the images where to short on the screen "for me" and I would have liked to linger a little longer at some of them. The panning gave a good impression of what it must have been sailing past these (sculptures) of ice.

Thanks for showing.

Regards,

Bert

Maureen,

Beautifully done (as usual)! I loved the music -- so much in fact that I immediately went to Amazon and downloaded it for myself. I loved the mix of distant landscapes and close-ups of small details. The icebergs were razor sharp but had such delicate shapes as well. The animation was just enough to make me feel I was cruising right alongside of you on the ship and the little dingies. Thank you so much for sharing your memories of a very special area that I will probably never get to visit. On the other hand, the show made me anxious for the spring when we plan to depart for another "voyage" in our RV to Alaska which has some similar scenery.

Hi Maureen,

Just looked at your show with lots of stunning images. In the first half of your show the images where to short on the screen "for me" and I would have liked to linger a little longer at some of them. The panning gave a good impression of what it must have been sailing past these (sculptures) of ice.

Thanks for showing.

Regards,

Bert

Bert

Manual control is enabled

ken

Hi Maureen,

Stunning as always but now enhanced by you sequencing your pans together. This was very effective and did convey a feeling of movement on the boat but, to me, gave me longer to look at the photos although I do agree with Bert that some of the early still shots were a bit on the quick side, whether to keep in time with the music I don't know. After my first veiwing I saw Ken's post about manual control which I think is great although I suspect this may have been an error on your part. Anyway, I have saved the show so I can look at all your wonderful shots at my leisure although I did not use manual control on my second veiwing.

I'll P.M. you later with a suggestion for conveying even more movement although I think it may be a bit gimmicky for this show although you might like to try it.

Hi Maureen,

Stunning as always but now enhanced by you sequencing your pans together. This was very effective and did convey a feeling of movement on the boat but, to me, gave me longer to look at the photos although I do agree with Bert that some of the early still shots were a bit on the quick side, whether to keep in time with the music I don't know. After my first veiwing I saw Ken's post about manual control which I think is great although I suspect this may have been an error on your part. Anyway, I have saved the show so I can look at all your wonderful shots at my leisure although I did not use manual control on my second veiwing.

I'll P.M. you later with a suggestion for conveying even more movement although I think it may be a bit gimmicky for this show although you might like to try it.

Mick - I think if you check on the last few shows I have done, you will see I have allowed manual control as requested so many times. Yes, some of the images are on a shorter time than others but this was done quite deliberately in order to try and bring slides in

at an appropriate time with the music, not always easy depending on the piece of music used.

Thanks for your comments, Mick, I look forward to your PM.

Maureen