WnSoft Forums

Congratulations

RobertAlbright

Congratulations to our Moderator, Peter Appleton, who won the Best First Time Entrant at the Great Northern Festival with his AV production 'The Time Traveller'.

The Great Northern Festival is one of the three main AV events in the UK AV calendar every year.

I was delighted to win the Silver Medal with 'Betrayal'.

When will we get a chance to see your creations?

Lin,

Thanks for your congratulations. The problem, as ever in the UK, is that of copyright clearance on the audio track. The Copyright Clearance scheme licences, that UK AV workers operate under, whilst giving us freedom to use almost any material form sources that we have purchased, place severe restrictions on the showing of the finished work to the public. In essence, we are restricted to showing them to camera clubs, AV clubs, at AV competitions and AV festivals, and to help bona fide charities raise funds.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I don't want to open the whole copyright debate again and I know you like to keep strictly to the law but, as I understand it, Yuotube have arrangementnt that by putting an advert at the start of your show (which can be X'ed out), then this covers most copyright issues. Whatever, it would be really nice to see more of your shows.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter,

I don't want to open the whole copyright debate again and I know you like to keep strictly to the law but, as I understand it, Yuotube have arrangementnt that by putting an advert at the start of your show (which can be X'ed out), then this covers most copyright issues. Whatever, it would be really nice to see more of your shows.

Hi Mick

That isn't strictly the case. I know you had an instance recently where you managed to get a BS track on your show without YT pulling it, but IMO they are getting even more strict. My last two efforts were flagged up by YT as containing CR material despite my efforts at erasing the signs, so to save any agro I deleted them. There is lots of info on the IAC web site. On the plus side, there is lots of free CF material out there.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I can hardly believe this story about those cold hearted IAC villains. This being pension day and all.

Still, with no winning AV on show, it’s not possible to wear the Purple Toga of Excellence (PTE).

Some might scoff at Newbies up against an experienced moderator on an AV forum, but it’s still a well done from me. Winning at all costs has to be condoned.

Re the Youtube intelligent recognition software. Easy to beat a system when you know how. Much like a nod and a wink at the Great Northern.

Davy

In the USA there is as far as I know, no possibility to see winning AV shows.

Would it be possible to put a winning AV show in the makers public Dropbox folder, and send a link to that folder upon a private request.

Bert

Here is the IAC link regarding copyright

www.theiac.org.uk/iac/copyright/copyright-clearance-scheme.html

Here is the IAC link regarding putting your work on the web

www.theiac.org.uk/resourcesnew/uploading/web-upload-intro.html

Hi Mick

That isn't strictly the case. I know you had an instance recently where you managed to get a BS track on your show without YT pulling it, but IMO they are getting even more strict. My last two efforts were flagged up by YT as containing CR material despite my efforts at erasing the signs, so to save any agro I deleted them. There is lots of info on the IAC web site. On the plus side, there is lots of free CF material out there.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Yes, they do flag it up as "Containing third party content" or "Blockied in smoe countries" (mostly Germasny I believe) but they still allow all of mine to play (with the Ad.) in the UK and Canada etc.and if you read their link, they are happy to do so.

Guest Yachtsman1

Yes, they do flag it up as "Containing third party content" or "Blockied in smoe countries" (mostly Germasny I believe) but they still allow all of mine to play (with the Ad.) in the UK and Canada etc.and if you read their link, they are happy to do so.

Hi Mick

Yes I could have left mine on there but couldn't take the risk. I know we are just small beer, but with George try to claw back as much revenue as he can find we (PTE type users) may eventually reach the top of the pile. :huh:/>/>

Regards Eric.

BTW after your post I did a check on what freebies are around claiming to be Copyright/Royalty free. Managed to find 10 suitable tracks within a few minutes. However, you can't beat an original piece. :)/>/> I will try one or more of the tracks I found in my next effort.

Thank you Igor and Umberto.

The story of copyright release continues, particularly for music. Unfortunately the law is extremely complex in this area.

We producers are covered (if all licences have been correctly obtained) for display at festivals and in clubs. This is how AV started and has worked in Europe since about 1960. However the lawmakers have not caught up with the 'new' factor of the internet.

I understand how this is a source of frustration to the 'virtual community' of the PTE Forum (and beyond).

Congratulations to our Moderator, Peter Appleton, who won the Best First Time Entrant at the Great Northern Festival with his AV production 'The Time Traveller'.

The Great Northern Festival is one of the three main AV events in the UK AV calendar every year.

I was delighted to win the Silver Medal with 'Betrayal'.

Congratulations to you both and would love to see the results of your efforts, really well done

ralph